What are you doing/did you do this weekend?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

That's encouraging, Auleliel. :)

Btw, Cag, congrats on the baby! I feel a little strange and awkward saying that as an unattached bachelor, but...whatever. :P
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Well, I dunno whether Jenn will have a chance to get back online before I have to leave, so I feel duty-bound to explain the mystery. :lol: Several Watchers got together in San Francisco this weekend for danlo and Lady Tam's renewal of vows. They've been married for 17 years. :clap:

The ceremony was yesterday on the beach in Pacifica. It was a lovely ceremony but FREAKIN' COLD. 8O Thank goodness it was short! :lol:

It's been *such* a great weekend. I'm flying home today. Back to work tomorrow -- bah. :(

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

It was gorgeous. I got to be maid of honor and damelon was best man but when we got into the actual ceremony somehow we got on the opposite sides so when it came to the vows, damelon ended up with tam's bouquet. It was awesome. :biggrin:
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Congratulations to Cag and Carla on little Desmond. . . and congratulations to Danlo and Lady Tam on the renewal of vows! :)

drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Me?

Wife is a ways all weekend, until monday.

I'll be eating a lot of pizza with my boys, and maybe a bucket of chicken or tqwo...nothing with any dishes!!
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Nice to see you around, drew!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Thanks Al.
Last edited by drew on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Congrats Danlo!
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Went to the art gallery on Sunday for a great exhibition about Marilyn Monroe. I was genuinely moved by all the images that chronicled her life (and death). Also, looking at Marilyn in such a setting caused me to be stunned all over again by her beauty, her luminescent quality. Her look is timeless.
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Biked to my sister's soccer game on Saturday (7 miles, game tied 6-6). On Sunday opted to ride in the car to her other game, but my dad still biked (99 miles this time). Really exciting game, as my sister's team had no subs for the Sunday game and still won 7-2. Made a bargain with my sister to read the Twilight series if she reads the Harry Potter series. So far I've read 2 1/2 Twilight books and she's read nothing of Harry Potter, but she still hasn't finished the Twilight books so I'll give her a little bit more time before deciding whether or not to break the deal (I'm not enjoying Twilight).
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Today I am driving to Peru.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Auleliel wrote:...but my dad still biked (99 miles this time).
99 miles? 8O
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Auleliel wrote:Today I am driving to Peru.
That would be Peru, Indiana, I assume?

EZ Board Survivor

Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

aliantha wrote:
Auleliel wrote:Today I am driving to Peru.
That would be Peru, Indiana, I assume?
Right idea, wrong state. I drove to Peru, Illinois to pick up my dad to come home early from a 1,000-mile bike trip because too many things are breaking in our house for me and my sister to figure out how to fix (including two crashed computers, several electrical problems, and a broken pool pump). This morning he biked from Peoria to Peru (around 60 miles), and I picked him up in Peru to drive the rest of the trip home. So he only biked several hundred miles instead of 1,000.

And CovJr, my dad regularly bikes very long distances. He biked that 99 miles in just over 8 hours. I think he's crazy. :)
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

I'm sitting in the house with the two rugrats asleep upstairs and the wife whooping it up at a Take That concert.

Just watching the US open golf and chilling with a bottle of wine.

Fathers day here tomorrow, so looking forward to a fry up in bed, although I suspect that the wife will roll in drunk after the concert tonight and I'll have to get up with the kids in the morning.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

hearthrall antonicus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by hearthrall antonicus »

I ve been out back on my ranch moving my implements and tractors and such, so as to clear the way for a water well driller to come out this week and drill down another 150 ft. so I will have water for my place and family. The water table is rapidly sinking so i gotta do it. Happy Fathers Day to me anyway
You can judge the true character of a person on how they treat those who can do nothing for them
-Sensei Moe,Sensei Larry,Sensei Curly...
Shemp was NOT a wannabe, Joe Besser was the Poser

Chairman of M E M L A
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I watched proudly as my nearly 6 year old boy scored 4 goals in his 4-a-side soccer game on Saturday. They won 5-3. I played later that day and we were trounced 9-1. Time to give up and "coach" I think...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Spent a day out climbing on Sunday...must have been good...I'm sore and the skin is peeling from my fingertips. :D

--A
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Dam-et's doctor said he was well enough to go with his Airsoft buddies to do a field clean-up service project and Menolly wanted to go to a local Festival of India, so Dam-sel and I spent Saturday going to a River Days street fair in Renton, WA. Listened to some musicians, did a lot of people-watching and of course, she wanted to visit all the craft vendor booths. Bought her a new pink lace scarf...and a stuffed leather bronze dragon for Menolly...just like Raucous, the dragon mated to her character O-gon-cho in Pantheon.

Sunday was the usual lazy morning of paper and classical on the radio. Made an omelet for the three of us (Dam-et not joining us), then Menolly and I did Costco and several other stores. Had dinner at Olive Garden by Dam-et's request, since he was going back into the hospital this week for round four of chemo.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Savor Dam wrote:Bought...[snip]...a stuffed leather bronze dragon for Menolly...just like Raucous, the dragon mated to her character O-gon-cho in Pantheon.
Well, either a mini-Raucous, or Rocky, Diver, or Poll, one of Menolly's bronze fire lizards.

<3

Return to “General Discussion Forum”