Star Trek: 20 Minutes of JJ's Star Trek has been seen!

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Whoa!!! Incredible...... if the movie is half as good as the trailer.. its gonna be VERY good
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

When is it released? In a week, correct?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Read a review today. Got five out of five and the reviewer had nothing bad to say at all. Not a trekkie but I think I'll check this one out.
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

I've heard nothing but good reviews about this and how evryone's happy that they cast unknowns in the lead roles. Allows the characters to be the stars, not the other way around, heh.

I can't wait to see this flick.
The King has one more move.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I'll wait for reviews from fellow Watchers. I'm a bit surprised by my own level of apathy towards the new movie - the ST:TNG films burned me more than I thought.

Honestly, I'm much more buzzed about the coming Blu-ray release of the original Trek films in May.
Percipience
Servant of the Land

Post by Percipience »

Judging by your avatar, I guess you liked the movie MM. I thought it was pretty good myself, with a few caveats. The film production really bugged me with the constant glare of overbright lights coming across the movie. And it seems it was deliberate.

But I liked the story. I really liked the acting, especially Spock, Bones, Scotty, and Chekov. Kirk was good too. Mr. Villain kind of sucked though.

It's good to finally have a decent film. I thought Nemesis sucked, and that one where Picard and Data quote the HMS Pinafore was pretty lame too, but I had medium-high hopes for this one, and I wasn't disappointed.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Percipience wrote:Judging by your avatar, I guess you liked the movie MM. I thought it was pretty good myself, with a few caveats. The film production really bugged me with the constant glare of overbright lights coming across the movie. And it seems it was deliberate.
Yes, I loved the movie! My apathy has turned into near-unbridled enthusiasm. (You can read more of our blathering over the movie in the STAR TREK thread in Flicks.) I didn't have a problem with the lighting - I thought it made Star Trek look that much more "fresh."
I really liked the acting, especially Spock, Bones, Scotty, and Chekov. Kirk was good too. Mr. Villain kind of sucked though.
I agree that the villain was weak. He just didn't make much of an impression.
It's good to finally have a decent film. I thought Nemesis sucked, and that one where Picard and Data quote the HMS Pinafore was pretty lame too, but I had medium-high hopes for this one, and I wasn't disappointed.
I never went to Nemesis - that's how fed up I was with the ST: TNG movies. :lol: But that broke my Trek moviegoing streak. I had gone to every Trek film from The Motion Picture to Insurrection.

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”