Thomas Covenant Mods for anygame?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Thomas Covenant Mods for anygame?

Post by Blackhawk »

I have seen ALOT of mods for games such as quake, Unreal Tournament, as well as some RPGs... has anyone ever encountered a Thomas Covenant Modification to any games like everquest or anything like that?

I was thinking it would be awesome if someone had made a mod for say the quest for the staff of law from Drool, or the quest to seareach to save the Giants, or the quest for Kevins Seventh Ward.. maybe even a quest to find all 7.... i think you get where im goin.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I've said it before: I'd play a TC first person shooter or adventure game in an instant.

(No, I haven't seen anything like that.)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

matrixman wrote:I've said it before: I'd play a TC first person shooter or adventure game in an instant.
Begin game.
Wild magic the s--- out of everything that moves.
Game over.

Yep. That game would be over in an instant. :)

Humor aside, not sure if a first-person shooter is really the ideal paradigm for a Covenant-based game.

Anyone remember Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar? This game was an interesting RPG, in that you got points for demonstrating achievement in eight moral dimensions. Yes: a game with ethics mechanics.

IMO an ideal Chronicles game would be something like that. The object of the game would be to overcome ideological and ethical dilemmas while exploring a fantasy setting. You're access to the power of white gold would vary with your solutions to these dilemmas.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

That certainly sounds like the perfect model for an in-depth TC game, wayfriend.

Me, I want the adrenaline rush of blasting Foul's minions from the first person perspective. Moral dilemmas? I just want a bit of the ol' ultra-violence (and some Ludwig van). :wink:

(It doesn't have to be white gold from the beginning. Also, who says you have to be TC? Just like in an RPG, in a FPS you could assume the role of, say, a student of the Sword or Staff. Covenant or Linden could be special characters you "unlock" for bonus levels or something. I'm just brainstorming.)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Yeah, my first thought when you mentioned a Covenant FPS was either Warward or Lord. A student of the Loresraat might work, gaining more Lordly powers as you progress through the game. The range of enemies would probably be quite limited, but if you're willing to deviate a bit from canon, you could have Giant-Raver bosses, renegade Elohim, Sandgorgons...

Hell, now I think about it, it might be fun to have an FPS where you play as Berek. Plenty of scope for war there.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

I have NO idea how to do mods....but there were some nifty Warcraft 3 mods/custom scenarios (including one that was essentially Diablo). I don't think it would be hard (for someone who KNOWS what they're doing) to apply TC labels, select appropriate powers, and go.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Ja but names and powers aren't enough for a decent mod. Would need to be a real mod, skins and all.

--A
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

matrixman wrote:Me, I want the adrenaline rush of blasting Foul's minions from the first person perspective. Moral dilemmas? I just want a bit of the ol' ultra-violence (and some Ludwig van). :wink:
Hey, I like carnage and smearage as much as the next guy.

It just seems to me that a Lord or Warward Mark who sets out on a quest to peg his kill meter isn't really sticking with his Oath of Peace. And if it doesn't "fit" the character of the Land, why slap a "Chronicles" title on it in the first place.

Perhaps if you played a Raver... start by possessing a small woodhelvenin girl ... work your way up to Giant .... :twisted:

Post by Avatar »

Now that's a cool idea. :D

--A
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

I think Neverwinter Nights would be awesome for a TC mod. Hmm....
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
hpty603
Woodhelvennin

Post by hpty603 »

A Total War mod for the Berek Era would be awesome. You can have the different factions be the Queen's Realm and the King's Realm, with the different Forestals, the Viles, the Cavewights, and even Foul's demesne

Linden should have quailed. His certainty was as bitter as the touch of a Raver: it should have defeated her. But it did not. How often had she heard Lord Foul or his servants prophesy destruction, attempting to impose despair? And how often had Thomas Covenant shown her that it was possible to stand upright under the weight of utter hopelessness?
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

That's a good idea. Though part of me wants to play The Illearth War and show Hile Troy where he went wrong. :P
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

There is a roguelike freeware game called "The Land" listed on Home of the Underdogs, but I think they lost their download of it after the crash. I haven't been able to find it.

www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/game.php?id=3120

Post by Avatar »

It's not on Abandonia either. Damn, I had a great link to an abandonware site, but I think I lost it.

--A
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

Avatar wrote:It's not on Abandonia either. Damn, I had a great link to an abandonware site, but I think I lost it.
:lol: No irony there....
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown

Post by Avatar »

:P

:lol:

--A
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

DukkhaWaynhim wrote:
Avatar wrote:It's not on Abandonia either. Damn, I had a great link to an abandonware site, but I think I lost it.
:lol: No irony there....
There really isn't.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1TVSTkAXg

;)
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information

Return to “PC & Console Games”