How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Probably wouldn't occur to Jacob... one of our other coworkers though.... :?

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Thanks Sorus. I appreciate it. And honestly, there isn't anything I have said that I haven't already said to the person's face with the exception of the most recent incidents involving Billy and Derek in which I have spoken to Jacob but not to them YET. The only other exception is Ian. I just can't bring myself to be cruel to him to his face. That would be like punching a five year old in the face and taking his candy. Wrong on so many levels. I've even given Jacob a ration of shit for letting me walk all over him and he admits it and yet continues to let me. I am going to stop bitching though because I am sure the watchers are sick of listening to my day to day eps of "As the OD turns."
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I don't feel strongly about Office Depot one way or the other. There's one in our city. I think it might be the only one.
Not sure how well it's doing, as rival Staples has several stores around.
danlo wrote:My house will be in great order since I heard that we will be getting a sizable return from the Fed. Albeit we may have to wait longer than usual to receive it as some wackjob decided to slam his plane into the very building in Austin Texas that processes our taxes...<very mixed emotions, especially for the wounded and unaccountable>
I just saw that bit of news. Hope it won't be a huge delay before you get your tax refund, but man, it looks like they've got some rebuilding to do.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Sheesh, could you have made that pic any bigger Jenn?

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Actually, for some reason, I've always enjoyed your work stories, Jenn. I do have to admit enjoying the repair shop stories a bit more though, but these are fun as well. I might be in the minority, but it is pretty entertaining for me for some reason.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I'm with cag.
If there is little chance of posting the work stories will come back to bite you, I have always enjoyed reading them as well.

I will admit I do miss the bits about Moose at work though...
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Probably not a good idea to post names with the stories though. Something said is always deniable, something written...
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

i feel nutty..........

apparently I went on line two nights ago and bought nuts......and nuts.......and nuts.

actually I bought edamame, indian nuts, roasted chick peas (what the hell am I going to do with them, they taste like talcum powder), dried apples, dried mango, sesame seeds, almond butter, soy butter, goji berries, crystalized ginger..............burp...........8O

never go on line depressed and hungry..............
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Wow, must have cost you a bit lorin. I dont know about over in USA but nuts and dried fruits etc are a bit expensive here. I cant believe the cost of macadamias!!!

I feel like a black fog is descending over me. This weekend will be my last weekend of freedom for a while. Monday I begin fulltime study to complete a degree that I have been putting off for wayyy too long now.
Ive developed quite a complacent attitude to the whole work/study/upgrading your qualifications idea.
Its been a while since I have done this level of study and my brain is starting to balk at the idea.
*deep sigh*
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

That's, kind of nutty lorin. Don't get depressed (now if you were drunk-no, no sorry-bad humor :P ).

Infelice don't worry-I found a way to work and finally graduate college in '01 (at 45) and in the process found many things to help me on my way. One, for example, was buying a comp for word processing and plugging into the net. Two, that they actually treat you like a human being in grad school. :biggrin: Study hard and look for the good things!
fall far and well Pilots!
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Maybe I should go back and edit all my posts and change the names of everyone and edit out the store name... 8O Thing is, in order to find the watch they would have to either friend me on facebook since my profile is private except to people I have friended and then find KW through my groups or google me and find fbh then KW through fbh. Honestly, I don't think any of them would be that fussed. None of them know Sorus's KW moniker nor mine, I have been very careful not to slip up and call her by her KW name at work. And if you google my name you get a bajillion hits. Jennifer/Jenn is still one of the most common first names for women and my last name is the most common for both Denmark and Norway and there are about five ways to spell both my first and last name. Plus, I don't think anyone would be weird enough to internet stalk me.

From here on out though, I'm not going to use names. Today was ok. Had a few fun moments and a few frustrating ones. And now I don't feel like venting specifics because I'm becoming paranoid. Yeesh.

Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about it... I've made quite a few posts(:cheers:) that could get me into some uncomfortable conversations with my folks... but hey, they think I'm crazy and are not likely to pry. That, and the massive amounts of posts makes it a bit pointless. Good thing too, since they know about the site and my username has been a part of my e-mail for about eight years...wait... actually longer... maybe fourteen years...

So just so long as you don't mention Billy, Bob, and Thorton in everyone of your posts, you should be fine, particularly with the precautions you make.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

On other notes.... so I got my first paycheck with the pay raise. OH great. It puts me into the next tax bracket so it pulls max taxes which makes my take home pay about forty bucks more a pay period. Just frakking great. I make a couple hundred more a two week period and the gov takes it all. I still can't afford to live in my place. Lovely just lovely. I have no recourse. I am a single woman with no kids so pretty much every government subsidy laughs in my face. I've been feeding part of my wages into government programs for 23 years and there is nothing available for me. That's just great. I don't have kids I can't support, I don't live section 8, I don't have missing alimony and I quit my job because my ex boss was a lying sexist asshole so I have no grounds for help unless I sue and that's on me for output cost and contingent on me winning. I am working, underpaid and considered one of California's underemployed and I have no support from my government at all. Thanks US/CAL GOV, thanks a lot.

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

um...i hate to tell ya jenn but all they'd really have to know to find you here is your nom de plume. if you din't tell em about fbh then you'll
prolly be okay. but..if i had a crush on you and i knew about fbh
and i knew what you were called on fbh, i'd look you up. and guess where i'd find you. heh. ;)
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I've NEVER brought up FBH

Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

Best way to tell is to search for yourself to see what comes up. :) Also, I sympathize with the tax stuff, Jenn. I'm in the same situation. Feels like I'm fighting the same fight I was when I was making minimum wage. It's unfair, for sure.
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Hey, Jenn, no one said we weren't enjoying your posts/rants about work. We are. But we're also looking out for you and Sorus.

Anyway, you have my sympathies too regarding taxes. I'm among the working poor myself, but I grudgingly accept having a big chunk taken out of my pay. No question, though, that there are some on welfare who are living better than I am. Irksome, but par for the course.
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

matrixman wrote:Hey, Jenn, no one said we weren't enjoying your posts/rants about work. We are. But we're also looking out for you and Sorus.

Anyway, you have my sympathies too regarding taxes. I'm among the working poor myself, but I grudgingly accept having a big chunk taken out of my pay. No question, though, that there are some on welfare who are living better than I am. Irksome, but par for the course.
Agreed on both points. :)
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Just finished the first 1/2 of a 12 hour exam. The city is making all managers take a staff analyst exam. 20,200 people took the test today. If I score below a 90% I stand to be bumped out of my job. ( I love civil service :-x )

The first half was really really hard. 100 questions, 6 hours. I am not built for this stuff anymore. yuck

For some reason I am not worried. I actually dont think I did that well but Im still not freaking out. Everything happens for a reason, if I get bumped, I get bumped.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

That's absurd! Hang girl!!!!
fall far and well Pilots!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”