Thomas Covenant is broken!

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Relayer wrote:
Vraith wrote:Certainly the symptoms were healed, but I don't think the disease itself was cured for a number of reasons; one being the condition you arrive in is the condition you leave scheme.
See my quote below the message 8)
Heh...funny.
I agree with the rest you said, she assumed [I don't know why] she would bring back the TC of power, not the TC of impotence...maybe she should have payed more attention to the results of summoning Kevin's ghost.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
inablackout
Servant of the Land

Post by inablackout »

Linden is dead in the real world. TC is dieng is what my take is on that first chapter. Linden didn't bring him back right!
inablackout
Servant of the Land

Post by inablackout »

"remember, I'm dead"
DrPaul
Giantfriend

Post by DrPaul »

Relayer wrote:
Vraith wrote:Certainly the symptoms were healed, but I don't think the disease itself was cured for a number of reasons; one being the condition you arrive in is the condition you leave scheme.
See my quote below the message 8)

Seriously, I think the "he isn't whole" indicates that she can in some way see the fracturing he's going thru as he loses the Timewarden part of himself. Apparently she thought she could bring him back with all that knowledge (or that's how he *would* come back)... A being with that much awareness and power would surely make her job saving the Land a lot easier. I don't think it ever occurred to her that he wouldn't come back whole.

Likewise with the leprosy. He hadn't really been a leper for most of the time they were together, I don't think she ever gave it a thought.
I think that's it. She has resurrected Thomas Covenant as a human being, with human limitations, human weaknesses and the defining condition of his humanity - his leprosy.

Return to “Against All Things Ending”