Thomas Covenant and Lena on Kevins Watch

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Blackhawk wrote:BTW I would like to see more of your own work in the laborium :D
good stuff...
What he said.
If you're on Facebook BH, lorin has a wonderful album there of her artwork.
soft one
Ramen

Post by soft one »

The ONLY bad thing, IMO, are the clouds.
Spoiler
They appear yellowish, which reminds me of Kevin's Dirt
Covenant turned in time to see a short figure detach itself from the burning mud, step queasily onto the hard ground.

The figure was scarcely taller than the skest, and shaped like them, a misborn child without eyes or any other features. But it was made of mud. Flames flickered over it as it climbed from the fire, then died away, leaving a dull brown creature like a sculpture poorly wrought in clay. Reddish pockets embedded in its form glowed dully.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

soft one wrote:The ONLY bad thing, IMO, are the clouds.
Spoiler
hmm...
Not on my monitor.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Menolly wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:BTW I would like to see more of your own work in the laborium :D
good stuff...
What he said.
If you're on Facebook BH, lorin has a wonderful album there of her artwork.
thanks, you guys :roll:
soft one wrote:The ONLY bad thing, IMO, are the clouds.
Spoiler
I see what you're saying, but it kind of looks like sunset to me.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Blackhawk wrote:my original shot had TC standing on the watch arms spread wide like he was in the sound of music..hehe ..it looked nice but it was completely incorrect
Hey, if that's still an option, don't forget to dress up TC in the same costume as Julie Andrews. It's all in the details, as you ought to know. :biggrin:

And where there is the Sound of Music, Nazis can't be far behind. Having TC - or better yet, Bannor - beat up Nazis would make for one fun TC movie. Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself.
soft one
Ramen

Post by soft one »

soft one wrote:The ONLY bad thing, IMO, are the clouds. [Edit] "Bad" is the wrong word. "Odd" is more accurate.
Spoiler
Menolly wrote:hmm...
Not on my monitor.
It looks that way both my monitor at home and the one at work.
lorin wrote:tI see what you're saying, but it kind of looks like sunset to me.
Except the clouds are lower than the mountain peaks, and appear even with Kevin's Watch. I would think they wouldn't reflect the light at sunset like that. Not even sure if they would look like this if they were reflecting the sunrise either.
Don't get me wrong, I love the effect, but they still appear to be the wrong color to me.
Covenant turned in time to see a short figure detach itself from the burning mud, step queasily onto the hard ground.

The figure was scarcely taller than the skest, and shaped like them, a misborn child without eyes or any other features. But it was made of mud. Flames flickered over it as it climbed from the fire, then died away, leaving a dull brown creature like a sculpture poorly wrought in clay. Reddish pockets embedded in its form glowed dully.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

soft one wrote:
soft one wrote:The ONLY bad thing, IMO, are the clouds. [Edit] "Bad" is the wrong word. "Odd" is more accurate.
Spoiler
Menolly wrote:hmm...
Not on my monitor.
It looks that way both my monitor at home and the one at work.
lorin wrote:tI see what you're saying, but it kind of looks like sunset to me.
Except the clouds are lower than the mountain peaks, and appear even with Kevin's Watch. I would think they wouldn't reflect the light at sunset like that. Not even sure if they would look like this if they were reflecting the sunrise either.
Don't get me wrong, I love the effect, but they still appear to be the wrong color to me.
Actually you are right...the Haze definately there is yellowish brown, I didnt use alot of yellow but when i changed sun positions to a sunrise, it ended up making the clouds in the distance flat gray and turned the fog covering the planes to an almost Brownish yellow. (it looked flat with no definition) The clouds i had to work with and i made them have a slight yellow border... on my flatpanel LCD at home they look white with a slight yellow tint around the edges like the sun showing the transparency, and the haze is almost a brownish yellow..which also made me think of what you mentioned above, Im not sure how the images show up in a CRT Monitor, depending on what color prefs you have set and all that. Hmmm that takes care of the
Spoiler
Kevins dirt View of Kevins Watch for Linden and Anele when they get there.
I just need to make it cover more area.

the Shot would have turned out better using the lighting from the other view of the Mithil Valley and KW.

matrixman wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:my original shot had TC standing on the watch arms spread wide like he was in the sound of music..hehe ..it looked nice but it was completely incorrect
Hey, if that's still an option, don't forget to dress up TC in the same costume as Julie Andrews. It's all in the details, as you ought to know. :biggrin:

And where there is the Sound of Music, Nazis can't be far behind. Having TC - or better yet, Bannor - beat up Nazis would make for one fun TC movie. Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself.
:lol: and i could put it in the comedy section, how the TCTC movies would turn out if directed by Mel Brooks.
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

I think this is one of my favorite scenes also, excellent image and exactly like I pictured it!!
You judge too quickly giant

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”