The word is one, and it is thus..

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Got mine today at the Books & Co.

Plenty of copies... on the shelf.

Members got 20% off.. everybody else was 10%.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:I got mine today at my local Borders.

And.....it was really depressing.
Just a stack of 4 books almost lost amid a table full of other books.
And by "other" books I mean "stupid".

I remember the glory days of the One Tree when there were big free standing card-board displays holding dozens of copies of the OT accompanied by an assortment of his other works like gifts below a Christmas Tree.

Now, god damn it........I had to ask for help because I couldn't find it on the New Release tables.....f#ck.
THAT is disgusting!!! I wonder if it is because:

a) people don't read books anymore. They are brain dead.

b) this is technically "book 9" of a 10 book series. I am sure it would be kind of tough to tune in late to the series and figure out just what in the heck is going on.

That being said, I have mine! It's 400 miles away. I fly home tomorrow and I will have it in my hand!!! I fully expect to be up late reading... it's been a LONG three years since Fatal Revenant!!! :)
"This is the grace that has been given to you - to bear what must be borne."
Lord Humungus
Servant of the Land

Post by Lord Humungus »

I also picked mine up at a local Borders. It was one of eight copies stacked next to a few books from the first and second chronicles. There were no books from the Gap series either even though it was the Sci-Fi & Fantasy section.

Three years ago Fatal Revenant had its own stack near the front of Barnes & Noble :(

(still excited I have AATE finally in hand!)
"There has been too much violence, too much pain. None here is without sin. But, I have an honourable compromise. Give me the gasoline and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away. I will give you safe passage in the wasteland. Walk away and there will be an end to the horror."
psytech
Stonedownor

Post by psytech »

psytechnm wrote:Got email this morning from Amazon. My copy has been shipped. :!!!: Expected arrival isn't until Friday but that's OK. :(
Arrived today instead of Friday!! Still, I've got work to attend to, and other stuff, so my reading time is limited. But still, I have my copy. 8)
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

I had to have mine shipped to me here in Tashkent. And god bless my mom, she DHLed it to me, and it got here in under three days.

Greatest belated birthday present EVER.

8)
"Verily, wisdom is like hunger. Perhaps it is a very fine thing--but who would willingly partake of it."
--Saltheart Foamfollower

"Latency--what is concealed--is the demonstrable presence of the future."
--Jean Gebser

Return to “Against All Things Ending”