How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Beaming with pride at Beorn's scores on the SAT II Subject Tests for Mathematics 2 and Physics. Out of a maximum of 800 points on each test, he scored a 790 on the Mathematics 2 and a 770 on the Physics. :grinlove:

Now if only he'll start reviewing his Latin for the SAT II Subject Test on that in December...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Great job Beorn! (don't drive him too hard, look what happened to Linsey Lohan :biggrin: )
fall far and well Pilots!
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

danlo wrote:Great job Beorn! (don't drive him too hard, look what happened to Linsey Lohan :biggrin: )
The fear of my son becoming a doped up lesbian clouds my judgement also.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

I didnt know you were a dad rev. 8O
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

Nice to see you around Darth. :D

--A
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Well I hit another rough patch today. I was pulling into a parking spot at the pack and save on my way to work and they were slanted spots and I was pretty directly driving in and BAM, the guy in the car I was pulling in next to opened his door. He could not possibly have looked because how in the hell could he miss a huge bright metallic red minivan approaching. I was already three quarters of the way in the parking spot so the edge of his door caught the van right at the hinge of the passenger front door. He was talking on his cell phone at the time this all happened. He was also wearing an Oakland Sheriff Department uniform. So he gets out of the car and is totally blaming me and I was telling him how I didn't understand how it could possibly be my fault etc and he was trying to intimidate me and I didn't have a current insurance card in the van so we called Geico from the old one and verified the policy was still current and thank the powers that be, Chris had called and had me added earlier that day. The insurance lady asked if I wanted to file the report right now and I said no, I would call back. Anyway, we exchanged information and by the end of the conversation I think he realized that if we did go through insurance it wasn't going to be my fault despite the fact that he kept telling me that because I was the moving vehicle it was entirely my fault. I think he looked at the damage and realized that if it did go through insurance they would obviously know that he had to have opened his door and slammed it into the van. So as we parted his tune changed to, "It's just my commuter car so the cosmetics don't really concern me, I'll get it checked out and if it's not going to fly open on me while driving we can just let it go." Unfortunately the van suffered more damage than his door so I don't know what to do at this point. Unfortunately, the van registration is expired because Chris had a lot of parking tickets and he has to pay them off before we can update the registration so I am afraid if I do file a report the cops may come after me for that but if I don't file in 48 hours and it does go through insurance then I'm screwed. Ugh. Then on top of everything else, tonight was my first night closing by myself and instead of having the full staff that would have made my life easy, Mildreth called in, Phil had to go home early and Kierre had training leftover so I was three people short. Very frustrating. On the good side of things, I got home tonight to front row parking instead of having to cruise around for half an hour searching. You guys don't even know what a true blessing that is.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Infelice wrote:I didnt know you were a dad rev. 8O
I am; to a very sick baby boy. Tragically my son suffers from a terrible case of Fictitiousness. *sigh* it's a hard life and we often miss him... but love is what keeps this family together.

here's a picture:

He has the most beautiful eyes... like his father.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Ok, just checked my email and I must add another good point for my day today. My Dad emailed me that "someone" had left a copy of "Mirror of her Dreams" in the room I stayed in and so he power read it and then went out and immediately bought "A Man Rides Through" and was powering through it too but found the print was too small to read comfortably without extra light inside his hunting blind and it almost made him not want to be lurking out there waiting for an unsuspecting Bambi or Tom Turkey or Wolfote to wander past. That makes me very happy. I told him to write me a detailed review with opinions and specifics when he is done. I'll post it to the MN thread when he does it.

Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Revan wrote:
Infelice wrote:I didnt know you were a dad rev. 8O
I am; to a very sick baby boy. Tragically my son suffers from a terrible case of Fictitiousness. *sigh* it's a hard life and we often miss him... but love is what keeps this family together.

here's a picture:

He has the most beautiful eyes... like his father.
Sad to hear about sick babies. Sounds like the condition is hereditary from the father's side. :P

Nice to see youre still around Darth 8)
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

I am exhausted. It's 1:30 am and I've been at work since 8am. Not sure when I am getting out of here...

It's awful quiet on the Watch at this time of day.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Exhausted because I have been working on uni with very little sleep for five days straight, on top of my part time job.

Relieved that my university work is finally over.

Bruised and bloodied due to a recent bout of depression.

Fortunate because I survived it.

Excited because I have found a new community.

Moved because I recently found Furls Fire's memorial threads.

To sum up...I have no idea how to put the above into a coherent statement.
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Cambo -- Welcome to the Watch. :)

rdhopeca -- Hope you get some sleep eventually...

Jenn -- Yay for your dad! I wish I could get Magickmaker to read Mordant's Need.... At this point, I guess I would see if Chris wants to pursue the insurance thing. If he's not inclined to do so, then you're set.

Darth: :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Jenn: I think if the guy does actually file with his insurance company, you shouldn't worry too much. A vehicle's registration won't matter if the insurance company doesn't want to foot the bill. It's also bad for business 8)

Revan: Cute little tyke.

Cambo: You're lucky you've finished with your University work... here at good ol' Drunken U, classes have increased their pace to Warp 7... no rest for students... and also no rest for the wicked... ergo, students are wicked :twisted:
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Well the accident drama gets more interesting. Chris called the insurance company to find out what to do. I called the guy and he called me back and said that he was going for an estimate today and would call me back. He called back and said it was 1800 bucks. I told him we would have to go through insurance and asked for his insurance information. He started telling me again that it was my fault and I tried arguing again and then gave up and simply asked for his information again for my insurance company and he refused and hung up on me. I had already planned to give my statement to the insurance company on my next move of the morning so I called them, told them my story first hand, they recorded me, asked if I had any additional information and I told them about him hanging up on me and refusing to give me his information claiming that he would only give it to my insurance company. I then emailed the photos of the damage to the van to the insurance company. Chris calls me later to tell me that they apparently contacted the guy and he very much incriminated himself as the guilty party with his recorded statement and answers to subsequent questions and then refused to give my insurance company his insurance information. In addition, the address he gave me turns out to be a postal stop mailing shop in Oakland. He also did NOT file a report with his insurance company otherwise they would have already contacted mine so that is also odd. I looked him up and he is listed as a deputy sheriff on a site which actually gave me his rank and salary as of 2006 but nothing more. I also found his home address from a different site. Anyway, I think it's really creepy behavior for a law officer and now I'm kinda freaked out because we had a string of odd hang up and weird calls tonight where you could hear the person breathing and background noise but they didn't say anything. Tiny and I even put it on max speaker phone to try to determine the background noise. I hope this guy is not some super psycho who is now out to get me. The other thing is, it's not like the insurance companies don't have access to vehicle records and so forth and ways of getting insurance information anyway, as a deputy sheriff he should know that. Anyway, I hope this doesn't turn out to bite me in the ass. Seems like that's been my modus operandi lately.

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Sounds like the guy doesn't have auto insurance. Is it mandatory in Cali? Anyway, your insurance company will handle it from here. Don't worry too much about someone oh the other side of the bay.

I've been busy the last few days. Mom's finished with her rehab from her broken hip, but the place where she was staying now thought that she would be too much care for them to handle, so I had to line up another place. Finished that off yesterday, and we'll move her in on Monday, after we get info from her doctor.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Hang in there, Damelon, and my best to your mom.

Jenn -- Damelon's probably right, the guy may not have insurance and he thinks he can bluster his way through it because he is (or maybe used to be?) a cop.

In my life: Things are swell here. :) I signed two books and two programs last night. The neighborhood was pretty good. First Ian Esslemont was across from me. Then Patricia McKillip sat down at that table, Esslemont left and Steven Erikson sat down in his place. Kitty-corner from Erikson was SRD. On SRD's other side was Gene Wolfe. And Cecelia Holland shared a table with me and gave me a little pep talk. A nice lady. :) And somebody *else* whose stuff I will now have to read. :lol: (Altho I think I *have* read at least one of her books. Just couldn't remember which one.)

Gene Wolfe had the longest line, which is not surprising. But SRD's rivaled Wolfe's, at least for awhile. :)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I can't access my main email account at all. I'm sure this has happened before. None of the passwords I use work, and the reset email address is not one I have access to any more.
Jordan
Servant of the Land

Post by Jordan »

Well, my brothers Ryan, Micah, Tristan and I all decided to give high school a try instead of being homeschooled again this year. Going okay, some of the teachers are quite good, while others are just a bit idiotic. Good thing about it, I tested as a senior so will graduate this year and then, hopefully, off to Berkeley to join my sister, Brooke and future BIL in the fall.

Ryan tested as a junior and so did Micah. So they will graduate together. And Tris tested as sophmore. Ryan wants to go to MIT, while Micah is undecided as to what he wants to do. He's good at math. And Tristan, well for some reason, he wants to go dig around in Egypt or some place cool like that, so he's got being an archeologist stuck in his head.

Somehow, it all seems right.

We got our first snow of the season a few days ago, so we're breaking out the snowboards and snowmobiles. Getting ready for the big Halloween party tonight. Doing Hogwarts again, it's what my younger brothers and sisters wanted. Chelsea wants to be Professor McGonnagal for some reason. Heh. And Imani insists on being Luna. Ayize and Naeem want to be the Weasley twins, Meggie wants to be Hermoine and Stevie says he's going to be Dumbledore. Ryan, Micah, Tristan and me are going as Death Eaters. And Dad, well he's decided to be Snape. Heh.

Strange how life just goes on, but it does. I think it makes Aunt Tracie (mom) happy.

Hey Cambo, if you click on the flame in my sig, it will take you to the memorial thread Fist and Faith set up in Mom's memory.
Image Would you know my name? If I saw you in Heaven...
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Damn, Jenn sis, sorry to hear about your crazed cop issues. Did he look anything like this:

Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Return to “General Discussion Forum”