How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Jenn's hanging with her bees, and all is right with the world. 8)

Murrin, sorry to hear about your e-mail woes....

Jordan: |G

Today's the last day of WFC. Heading home today, after brunch with Duchess and Mr. Duchess. ;) Had a good visit with SRD and several Watchers, and accomplished most everything I'd set out to do this weekend. I am content. 8)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

WFC was fun.... it sufficed :P Just battling out a cold... need to find me a lime...
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Well, did you post all the details?
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Well, did you post all the details?
Yeah, they're in the WFC thread in the General SRD forum. And the results of our chat with SRD are in the AATE forum (since they'd have to be heavily spoilered anywhere else on the Watch).

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Orlion wrote:WFC was fun.... it sufficed :P Just battling out a cold... need to find me a lime...
It was grand meeting you and Aliantha. 8)

(I hope you caught Donaldson's cold rather than mine. :wink: ).
Love as thou wilt.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

What I read in the WFC thread sounds wonderful. I am glad y'all had a great time.

Beorn is at a classmate's Halloween party.
He dressed as a "reregulated" Wall Street Banker in suit and tie, hair gelled back, laptop case to collect treats in, and a cardboard sign around his neck that says:
"Forced off Board
Mansion lost
Need Venture Capital
7-figure suggested minimum"
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I started to post about the bee last night and how the new profile pic came to be but Chris called from the party he was at and his other friends didn't want to leave so I went and rescued him. Anyway, I was puttering around the apartment when I got home and had the back door open and after dark the bees look for a warm place to hunker down for the night if they haven't made it back to the hive. She buzzed around for a while then settled on the wall above the stove, I had been making coffee to put in the fridge for ice coffee in the morning so it was warm there. I picked her up and tried to get her to the hive but every time I blew on her to make her fly away she flew back on to me so I gave up and just let her hang out with me. I fed her:
We hung out on the watch for a bit:
Then she decided the corner of my eye was a great place to hang out so I held out my camera and shot blind until I got a decent shot. She actually crawled so far into the corner of my eye that I was petting her with my eyelashes every time I blinked:
Then I pulled back a corner of the cover on the honey super we have on the counter and set her on the edge of it where she seemed content. When I got up for work this morning she was buzzing around in the kitchen by the door so I let her out and off she went. I named her Sophie. I also realize that I am seriously in need of a brow waxing and manicure. Gross!

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Google say they can't verify that I'm the owner of my GMail account and so won't give me access.

The verification requires things like frequently emailed contacts (I barely ever send emails, just receive them), tags used (only have one), and specific dates of when you signed up (as if I can remember that).
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

That's totally crazy, Murrin. Just knowing who's in your address book isn't enough?

EZ Board Survivor

Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

duchess of malfi wrote: (I hope you caught Donaldson's cold rather than mine. :wink: ).
Chances are that this is the case. Who else can say that they caught a cold from their favorite author? :P
- Herman Melville

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Careful, New Mexican colds can be radioactive! :biggrin: (is view more emoticons not working today?)
fall far and well Pilots!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

aliantha wrote:
Avatar wrote:peroxided it white. :D
And no picture?? C'mon, Av, have a heart! :lol:
White Spikes

(Probably be green by the weekend. :D )

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I finally guessed the right password.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

If you ever forget the Submission team gmail password, just ask me.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I'm tired, went to the gym for the first time since June (since the hospital) and the eliptical kicked my butt...have to get up at 5:20 to go work the election. Will grab a cup of hot cocoa and a book by some guy named Donaldson. Nighty, nite... :faint:
fall far and well Pilots!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

aliantha wrote:
Avatar wrote:peroxided it white. :D
And no picture?? C'mon, Av, have a heart! :lol:
White Spikes

(Probably be green by the weekend. :D )

--A
:lol: I had to ask, huh?

I had one helluva tough time getting back to RL at work today. Didn't realize how down I was until I started eyeing the chocolate cupcakes in the vending machine and counting out the change. :roll: I probably should have taken today off to decompress. Ah well, hopefully tomorrow will be better...

(Hmm, gotta figure out where my polling place is. This is the first election we've had since I moved last spring...)

EZ Board Survivor

Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Yeah, Real Life kinda sucks... but hey, it's a means to Alb' 10!
- Herman Melville

-John Crowley
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

aliantha wrote: (Hmm, gotta figure out where my polling place is. This is the first election we've had since I moved last spring...)
One of my co-workers and a dear friend moved into a house a few doors down the street a few months ago. This will be his first election in this neighborhood. Last night at work he asked me directions to our polling place.

People (city dwellers all) got a good laugh when I described some of the landmarks on the way as being a donkey farm and a goat farm, and that the polling place as being in a church's pole barn.

We live out in the country, what can I say? :D 8)

And yeah - I did not know how hard taking a quiet weekend out of town (in Columbus) would be. I am exhausted and wrung out. Apparently I am no where as far along in my recovery from various medical problems as I hoped I was. :( Still glad I went, though. :D
Love as thou wilt.

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I feel good. Bit tired but puttered around today and am currently almost all the way through making homemade lasagna. I am almost ready for the assembly and subsequent putting of delicious creation into the oven for final staging.

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Mmmm, lasagna....

Made it to the polling place in time to vote after work, then stopped on the way home and tried the Thai place near my apartment. It was tasty, and not terribly pricey. :)

In other news, Batty's been hired by WalMart. I never thought I'd be excited about one of my kids working at Wally World, but hey, in this economy, a job's a job. :lol: Looks like that throws my plan to have everybody here for Thanksgiving into a cocked hat, tho. I guess I'll be driving down to Roanoke for Turkey Day, after all. :( At least maybe they can get up here for Yule.

EZ Board Survivor

Return to “General Discussion Forum”