How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Thanks, folks! I'm proud to say I'm finally ovulating after all that experimental surgery.
No no no...you all got it right.

I'm hoping for a niece this time for you sis! Then again, I was hoping for a niece for you last time. And yeah, Carla is nudging up against the age where we probably shouldn't bother. In fact, we tried one month longer than she initially said we'd try. I figured if it happened, then hurray! Desmond will have a family member that will outlast us, but otherwise we wouldn't have to go through it all again. But lo and behold, Fertile Myrtle persisted, and now we have at least one source saying it is to be. Mid-February will be the confirmation by the doc. But those tests are pretty accurate, by what I've heard. I'm excited, scared, looking forward to and dreading the sleepless nights ahead, just like any parent does. I just don't know how we are going to fit where we are. Oh well, we'll do it just like most parents...just enough.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Krazy Kat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Krazy Kat »

Here's hoping that all goes well for you Cag.

Into my third week here in my new home and have been given a permanent house duty, feeding the fish. So, I've been reading up on freshwater aquariums.
I'm a bit worried though, because today while watching the little critters swimming around and around and around and around, I was thinking about what types of food they might eat in their natural enviroment. There were bunch of bananas in the fruit bowl that were turning black and before I went to throw them on the compost heap, I took one of the bananas and dipped it into the tank where the pump makes the bubbles and it broke off lots of tiny bits. The fish immediately began to gobble up all the bits and I may have overfed them. So, I've been keeping a close watch on them as they swam through the tank, totally hypered. I'll also do a check on the filters, etc, to make sure they're all right too.

There aren't too many fish in there; several neons, a few danios, and the biggest of them all, a Chinese algea eater. There's also a shrimp-like insect that stays hidden most of the time.
Will try to get to the fish shop over the weekend to buy a new one.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

For once I'm actually paying attention to the news, with all this Egypt stuff. I don't usually.

Took a glance in the Tank and couldn't see anything in there about it, which seems odd.

Ooh. Mubarak has asked the whole government to resign and is going to hand pick a new one tomorrow... Trying to give the protesters what they want while saving his own position.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

We probably need to install the BBC in the Tank. :P I'm following it very closely too...
fall far and well Pilots!
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

So I was just going to come home and veg but Julie imed me about going to the annual walmart.com party, (she works there) so I came home and most of my stuff is in storage including party shoes so I dug for my cute strappy black short heels and couldn't find them. Julie got me a totally hot black and white strapless mini cocktail dress a few months back at the walmart sample sale so I intended to wear that. I did however, find my two inch lift, three inch heel knee high white platform gogo boots so I ended up throwing those on instead and it looked quite trendy and fab and so I tarted up and Julie picked me up. We went to the party, looked fabulous, left early and dropped by a friend's house party. All in all I had a great time and I hadn't hung out with Julie in a while just one on one so that was excellent. I'm definitely glad I decided to tart up and go out. Besides, what better excuse to wear my one dollar sample sale walmart.com dress than the walmart.com party?
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Yay 4 Walmart chicks :)
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Oh and I'm just finishing my first bottle of wine - not too sure if I should start the next
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Cagliostro wrote:I'd like to celebrate two lines on a pee-pee stick.
OH WOW! Congratulations to the three of you. :) *huggles*
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

That would be the four of them, wouldn't it? Cag, Carla, beebeeboykins and the newly inutero?
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:That would be the four of them, wouldn't it? Cag, Carla, beebeeboykins and the newly inutero?
No. I can count, ya know. ;)
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

yaaayy congrats cag

iam incrediblyl it rigthonw whipped cream vodkak and gigner le

i want tot ovidit icelanf

i ahev noidea what i'm typgin riht no whwhehwwww soemone tkae wwyay my intennet
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Wow the wild night stretches all the way from the Hampshire to Auckland (you do live in Auckland don't you Vain? I hear only the cool kids live there... :P ) 8O Hope you guys don't have to work tomorrow!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Murrin wrote:Took a glance in the Tank and couldn't see anything in there about it, which seems odd.
You should glance in again...

--A
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

*be careful, it's dangerous in the Shark Tank*
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Auckland indeed :) However I fear that Jazz is WAAAAAY more trashed than I was
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

JazFusion wrote:yaaayy congrats cag

iam incrediblyl it rigthonw whipped cream vodkak and gigner le

i want tot ovidit icelanf

i ahev noidea what i'm typgin riht no whwhehwwww soemone tkae wwyay my intennet
:haha: I don't think I've ever been so far gone that my typing was that bad. Besides, 'don't go online while drunk' is a fundamental rule of modern life!
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

I've been invited to spend Lunar New Year (this Thursday) with my boss and her family. I don't know all the rules of politeness here yet (much less the language--apparently there are 5 different ways to say the same thing, depending on how polite you need to be), so I'm praying I don't cause an international incident! :)
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I was a little nonplussed today to open my inbox and see an email from editor Cheryl Morgan sitting there. Turns out I won a book from donating to the Science Fiction and Fantasy Translation Awards fundraiser, which I had completely forgotten about.

Fun thing is the book I won is not something I ever would have considered buying myself (content as well as format), and it's a signed limited edition box set, so I'm going to make sure I give it a good go when it arrives.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Is the box set an anthology? BTW I read your review of the Scalzi book--is it worth picking up?
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Argh, the vague hints about speaking at a postgrad lecture/seminar thing a couple of months ago have come back. They're still interested in having me. I'm not ready. I need to learn more about Fatimid Egypt and make more progress on my re-translation of Hugo Falcandus. :( I'm afraid.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”