How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I know, double posting... I keep looking through my images from today and I'm so pleased by so many. I took almost 900 images and after sorting through them all I still have just over 700 that range from good to amazing. I seriously killed it today and I am very happy and proud. I think this was my best wedding gig ever. I think it's damn amazing considering patchy lighting and tough angles. I love my camera.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

aliantha wrote:
Zorm wrote:...apparently Thor, Ukko, Tiermes, Pērkons, Kõu and Pikker are fighting for turf for the second time today. So many old thunder gods, so little terrain...wonder whose turn it's to throw down bolts of lightning this time. Maybe they draw lots for the fun.
Send 'em over here! We could use some decent thunderstorms to break this heat wave...
Magickmaker and I hunkered down inside all day today. We have to go out tomorrow, tho. 8O
We're dispatching Thor. Due to old antipathies, he's not playing nice with the giant-brethren Kõu and Pikker, and all the time keeps arguing wildly with Ukko about the comparative size of their hammers.
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Way to go Jenn! :D
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Zorm wrote:
aliantha wrote:
Zorm wrote:...apparently Thor, Ukko, Tiermes, Pērkons, Kõu and Pikker are fighting for turf for the second time today. So many old thunder gods, so little terrain...wonder whose turn it's to throw down bolts of lightning this time. Maybe they draw lots for the fun.
Send 'em over here! We could use some decent thunderstorms to break this heat wave...
Magickmaker and I hunkered down inside all day today. We have to go out tomorrow, tho. 8O
We're dispatching Thor. Due to old antipathies, he's not playing nice with the giant-brethren Kõu and Pikker, and all the time keeps arguing wildly with Ukko about the comparative size of their hammers.
Excellent, thank you! :)

Jenn, I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that the Universe has handed you the OD job, where you're overworked and under-appreciated, to give you the kick in the ass you needed to get your photography business moving. Get those business cards ordered! ;)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Easiest move ever. I have everything boxed and packed before my friends showed up (it helped that they were late :D), and everything fit into the back of an F150 (small pickup). Great weather so nothing got rained on, and it was only a 20 minute ride across town.

Then we went out last night. Since I'm not used to coming home to the new place, I almost missed the last bus out here! But I caught it, and even managed to recognize my stop :D

Now I get to unpack. Shouldn't take more than a few hours.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Yay for traveling light. Glad it went well. I still have some mixed feelings about my whole situation, though now it's mainly due to my upstairs neighbors and their nightly circus. Anyone have suggestions for a really cheap way to soundproof a ceiling? :crazy:

That's totally awesome, Jenn.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I overdid it today at the beach. Someone needs to remind me that I'm an old woman and not thirteen anymore so I need to stretch before just taking off across the sand running with my dog. My buttcheeks are already sore. Tomorrow might not be so fun gimping around.

Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Sorus wrote: Anyone have suggestions for a really cheap way to soundproof a ceiling? :crazy:
Used carpeting?
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Sorus, egg crates or that sound reducing waffle foam.

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Cameraman Jenn wrote: My buttcheeks are already sore.
favorite out-of-context quote of this day.

spent three days of with julie. we watched all the harry potter films on dvd then saw the newest at the theater. julie loved them. (i did as well, enough to likely read them now)

julie has started getting into the genre now. she liked some of the stuff from the 60's and 70's. the batman tv show and the original star trek. (she and i just love william shatner)

and we loved lost, but i don't think she considers that genre, she just loved the story. she has enjoyed a few graphic novels. kingdom come (she loves alex ross' art) and the golden age.

she has even said if i can find all TC on audio she will try listening to them. i will check with my library system.

great three days spent with my favorite person, other than myself of course.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Sorus, egg crates or that sound reducing waffle foam.

Yep...egg cartons was going to be my suggestion. :D

--A
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

Pretty elated in a weird way, both joyous and depressed about the future. Has to do with women, or rather a woman, as you might expect.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Egg crates have potential. Cheaper than cork (my first idea) or foam, and lighter than carpet, though all of those would probably work. My upstairs neighbors have acquired a child that appears to be the offspring of Godzilla and the Energizer Bunny. I don't believe it's their child, so there's some hope that it will eventually return to whatever hell spawned it, but it's now been a week of it thundering in circles screaming all bloody night. I haven't even met these neighbors yet, and would like to get along, but I have not slept in a week and I can't wear earplugs because I get up for work at 3AM and would sleep through the alarm. :crazy:

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

If it turns out that Rosemary's Baby is there permanently, I have a suggestion that does not involve confronting the neighbors or missing work because you slept through the alarm. Visit your local shop that caters to the hearing-impaired (or shop online...) and look into alarm clocks that either flash your room lights or have a shaker that you put under your mattress, or both.

These really work well. Dam-et was born deaf; during the day, he wears a cochlear implant and passes as a hearing person, but when he takes it off (to sleep, bathe, etc) he has no awareness of sound whatsoever. Dam-sel and I decided some years ago (when he became a teen) that it was time for him to not be dependent on us to wake him each day, so we bought him one of these alarms. He uses both modes. The flashing light he treats like we hearing folk treat a clock radio...notice that time to rise is imminent, but not necessarily immediate. When the shaker kicks in (set as a second alarm a bit later), he knows he'd better get up-and-at'em.

About $40, not expensive at all. Sleep soundly with your earplugs and still wake up on time...without having to confront your neighbors about their child and lack of considerate parenting skills.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

That is an utterly brilliant idea, thank you very much. Seriously. I am trying to maintain a positive attitude about life in general right now, which isn't easy for me at the best of times, and I am really on the verge of losing it from lack of sleep.

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Off for another three hour commute and it burns me that I have to go spend more money on work shoes since my old ones are falling apart. Ugh.

DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:I overdid it today at the beach. Someone needs to remind me that I'm an old woman and not thirteen anymore so I need to stretch before just taking off across the sand running with my dog. My buttcheeks are already sore. Tomorrow might not be so fun gimping around.
I have not had the pleasure of meeting you in person yet, but based on pics and descriptions of things you have done and do... an old lady you ain't. :D

I'm staring down the barrel of 40 (less than 1yr now)...funny how my definition of 'old' keeps shifting further and further out.

Besides, I still haven't figured out what I want to do when I grow up.

dw
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I'm gonna be a hermit when I grow up. Find a nice cave somewhere and turn my back on this so-called civilization. As long as I can have KW and WoW and running water... hmm... maybe this needs a bit more thought.

And ugh to work shoes. I had to buy new ones yesterday. :evil:

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Trying to work out where I want to live. As usual I have no idea what I want. For some reason I've latched on to the idea of living somewhere convenient for the city centre, which is not at all convenient for work (different city!), and despite the fact I'm a totally unsocial person who probably wouldn't find anything more to do there than wherever else I went.

I can't seem to articulate what I want, or why I don't like the idea of living in so many of the other, more convenient (for work) places where the properties aren't really any different.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Murrin wrote:Trying to work out where I want to live. As usual I have no idea what I want. For some reason I've latched on to the idea of living somewhere convenient for the city centre, which is not at all convenient for work (different city!), and despite the fact I'm a totally unsocial person who probably wouldn't find anything more to do there than wherever else I went.

I can't seem to articulate what I want, or why I don't like the idea of living in so many of the other, more convenient (for work) places where the properties aren't really any different.
perhaps your inner extrovert is trying to push your outer introvert out the metaphorical door? :biggrin:

oh and, i'm a big proponent of going with the gut feelings and paying attention to your inclinations and intuitions. i say go with it.
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our