How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

The older I get, the faster the time goes.

--A
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Avatar wrote:The older I get, the faster the time goes.

--A
no shit. :lol:

i'm feelin a LOT of guildie love today!!! my guildlets on wow, which include web monkey and sorus and creator and kelleta (who you probably only know if you read the wow thread here) all bought me the [Lavabolt Crossbow] for my birthday! which is the best in slot ranged weapon for hunters right now (second only to the bow that drops from the end boss of the expansion) and which i thought i was never gonna see drop for me, much less win the roll for.
which means they like me! (they spent hard earned gold for that thing) they really LIKE me!!! (yes its a sally field moment!)

so yeah, i know it's only a stupid video game but those are live and real people out there playing it with me and i love each and every one of em
and i was thrilled that they did this for me. it made me very very happy.
so thats how I'M feelin! :D vury happy.

ps, that price showing on the tooltip there (44 gold) is the amt of gold i'd get for it if i sold it to a vendor npc, they bought it on the Auction House and god KNOWS what they paid. it's been goin for anywhere between 20 and 30k!!

i love my guildies!!!!
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

lucimay wrote: i'm feelin a LOT of guildie love today!!! my guildlets on wow, which include web monkey and sorus and creator and kelleta (who you probably only know if you read the wow thread here) all bought me the [Lavabolt Crossbow] for my birthday! which is the best in slot ranged weapon for hunters right now (second only to the bow that drops from the end boss of the expansion) and which i thought i was never gonna see drop for me, much less win the roll for.
which means they like me! (they spent hard earned gold for that thing) they really LIKE me!!! (yes its a sally field moment!)

so yeah, i know it's only a stupid video game but those are live and real people out there playing it with me and i love each and every one of em
and i was thrilled that they did this for me. it made me very very happy.
so thats how I'M feelin! :D vury happy.

ps, that price showing on the tooltip there (44 gold) is the amt of gold i'd get for it if i sold it to a vendor npc, they bought it on the Auction House and god KNOWS what they paid. it's been goin for anywhere between 20 and 30k!!

i love my guildies!!!!
Lucigirl........do you know that there is not one single thing in this whole entire post I understand? 8O
Sorus wrote: That's lousy. Does it cover anything? Structural damage? :?
Yep, it covers all structural, which is essentially the walls. But I had no structural damage at all.

Menolly wrote: you evacuate somewhere fun this time, if needed? Like maybe to DC to have a dinner with ali and see some sights?
Hear that Ali? Here I come.....with helldog. (she could take care of that pesky kitty problem)
Avatar wrote:The older I get, the faster the time goes.--A
I made that discovery around 40. But I have a plan. I am going to apply for an exclusion to the rule. I mean, nobody as awesome as ME could get OLD. It's just ridiculous.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Hugs to everyone who needs them!

I've packed 2 boxes so far.

"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

This is actually the most interesting thing I've done for the past 2+ weeks: Tam and I finally became legal guardians of our two ex-foster boys, Adrien 8 and Izzac 6. Let me tell you-there is a big difference between taking care of the beauteous Grace and herding cats! :faint: They're both going to Grace's school and doing great. We've been to mountains and movies and Parent's Night and...and we're going to a barbecue up in Santa Fe Saturday. The boys, understandably have tough moments adjusting with, now, both birth Mom and Dad on extended orange jumpsuit vacations and having the lynchpin of their family, Grandpa Sam, succumb to cancer Saturday night. Grandma is picking them up tonight to attend the Rosary, and I'm taking everyone o/o school tomorrow to attend the passing ritual.

That dam Fidel kicked my ass in tennis yesterday (don't know what got into his Wheaties... :mrgreen: ) so now I'm still ahead this summer 10-3. I'm going to a meeting with my State Senator tonight and marching for Move On! in the state fair parade at the crack of ass Saturday for, Medicare, Social Security and Jobs--with a bunch of silly ass democrats (I'm the anti-party party)...the kids have been walking me and the dog every night-I'm getting healthy (OMG! :shock: ) and I'm ready for some FOOTBALL! --never a dull moment--today I'm an extremely happy and proud Dad! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

WOW! danlo!!! thats better than a [Lavabolt Crossbow] !!!!!! :biggrin: as we say in wow... GRATS !!!! :D

lorin wrote: Lucigirl........do you know that there is not one single thing in this whole entire post I understand?
:lol: how bout the "i'm happy" part? didja get that at least? :lol:

[whispers in lorin's ear] join us, come play world of warcraft and you too can have wonderful best in slot gear, and a rack and a tail!! come on lorin, you'll forget alllllll about floods and job decisions and water damage and pension plans....join us luk...er i mean lorin...and together we can rule the universe!
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

So you're happy with the bow?

I wish I knew what was going on when with management at work. I'm trying to take a couple of days off, and depending on timelines it will either work out okay, or make me look completely expendable. Thinking it's probably not worth the risk, but not willing to surrender out of hand. All the people who have been promising me time off since January are gone. :evil:

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Luci, I'm not a WoW'er, but from what I did understand of that post, the bow sounds awesome. Enjoy it!

Today was MRI attempt number 4, actual scan number 3, with IV contrast. Let me tell ya, my right arm is looking like it has junkie tracks; with a lovely yellow, green, and purple hematoba just below the elbow on the inside. The MRI people must have really wanted to get this scan right: I was told by the two techs I had before that one of the two women who helped position me on the "ramp of pain" this time was *the* departmental supervisor and they had the radiologist who was dissatisfied with the images before on the phone while they somehow sent the images directly to her as they scanned to be certain there would be no problem with these.

Supposedly the radiologist is satisfied with these images, but unfortunately she wouldn't do a reading of them on the spot. So, now it is sit and wait, hoping all is clear...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Since I know your perseverations / minhag about "crossing fingers" or "touching wood", I won't go with the style of wish-of-luck above...but I am rooting for clean results that will bring an end to your worries about any acute health concerns...and I am so proud of what you are doing about some chronic health issues. Go, girl!!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Had yet another good day at work. Got some more stuff cleaned up and organized. It was not nearly as bad in the copy closet as it appeared. I also had some sizeable jobs today. One color copy job worth about 400 bucks and one black and white worth about 200. I made a bunch of banana bread last night and brought a loaf to work and Gilbert ate about half of it but I offered him some and he really really enjoyed it. Turns out banana bread is one of Gilbert's favorite foods. Yes, Menolly I would post the recipe but it's one of those Jenn things with a dollop of this a smattering of that, throw in a wallop of molasses and then stir in more flour until it goes back to the right thickness of batter.... It came out really dense and moist and with the added smatterings of powdered ginger and cloves on top of just cinnamon and nutmeg like the recipe called for, it was intense in flavor too. I had to scrap the walnuts though because I burned them when I was toasting them. I had plenty more but didn't feel like starting over again with chopping more etc.

Monday, before I got to work, Caitlin took in a job for La Boulange and she was almost finished printing it. The woman waited with her friend while Caitlin printed it. When she went to pay the card did not have enough of a limit to cover the whole job so because they were from a reputable company, we let them go and we kept the copies on their word that they would be back Tuesday to pay for it and pick it up. I did not realize we had no contact information for the girl who placed the job, not even a name or I would have insisted on getting that. Anyway, Tuesday, no show. I called and got the phone number for one of the district managers and told her that I needed to get in touch with the girl who placed the order or just find out when they were picking it up. She promised to have the girl call me but refused to give me her name or contact number directly. I knew it was bullshit. I let her have a day of grace. Today I called her again and left a message asking if she could please call and let me know when they were going to pick up the order. She never called back and she never will. Looks like I'm going to have to start playing hardball. The job is worth almost 900 bucks, it's full color training manuals. Very frustrating.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Hurray for Danlo!
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Yes, congrats, danlo! :)

It's raining here. Again. 8O Mere days after Hurricane Irene blew through here, we're now stuck with the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee washing through. Some parts of the area have gotten 15 inches of rain in the past week. A bunch of school districts are closed today due to the flooding we had yesterday. Looks like we might see the sun again on Monday. :crazy:

But on the bright side, Magickmaker has two job interviews today. I sure hope somebody gives her a job today...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Just got off the phone with Danlo and Lady Tam and their established and new found brood. Both Danlo and Lady Tam sound over the moon happy with the new situation and I can't help but be so totally ecstatic for them. SO TOTALLY AWESOME!

I had a great day at work. It was busy in the copy center towards the latter part of the day but that is a good thing. I also laughed myself into squirty tears thanks to Sorus. Dammit Sorus, it's so much fun to be working with you again but I need to get waterproof mascara. Sorus works the early morning and I come in mid shift so we overlap for a few hours. I checked in with her and she told me her first customer of the day was a certifiable crazy. The woman was apparently insisting that Sorus let her into the upstairs furniture department that doesn't exist and demanding to know why Sorus wouldn't let her in and how she had been there before so Sorus telling her it didn't exist was not true. My reaction was something along the lines of, "Sweet! We have a furniture department that exists in an alternate reality??? I wonder how we access it? Is there a magical door in school supplies?" Sorus responded with something like, "I imagine it's more like how they access the train platform in the Harry Potter books, running full scale with one of our mini carts at a section of the store." I found that hysterical and yet it made me want to actually try it. I told Sorus this and said that I could only imagine Gilbert's reaction and him asking me why I was running full speed at the white board display and what I was doing with a stuffed owl toy in the cart. Sorus and I later had a serious discussion about whether or not it was ok to display the Aladdin rugs with the Narnia wardrobes. You probably had to be there for that part of it since we were both trying to offer "serious" opinions and keep straight faces. Great fun. Sorus is much better at the straight faced part of it than I am. She can go for a whole lengthy dissertation with examples and divide it into political factions and fan groups and when I am already in hysterics and unable to function from laughing she can still keep a straight face, keep going with the dissertation and make perfect sense. I aspire to her skill level of deadpan silliness. I usually make her laugh by catching her off guard with silly but then she takes it and not just one ups me but two ups me by finishing it with a flourish.

It's so nice to be working with you again, Sorus. I missed you. It's awesome to have someone around me who actually understands me and my obscure references.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

let's see - plumber got the tub drain working, electrician turned of the electrics on the porch and gave us back the washing machine.

now we have to coordinate everyone, and it will be a week without a bathroom. so sonny in the kennel and me and the mrs at a no-tell motel.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Jenn, did La Boulange ever pay their bill?

Ali, looks like we both survived another storm, eh? All this rain does not bode well for the coming winter. Get the shovels out. What the hell happened to summer????

Sarge, home repairs blow. I speak from the home repair front.

Speaking of home repairs, the greed around here is nauseating. FEMA came in it's like christmas. The day I was evacuating I was speaking to the neighbors across the street. This was the woman whose father I bought this money pit from. I noticed how nonchalant they were being about the impending flood. Their house sits ground level, as opposed to mine that is 4 feet lifted. They were laughing and saying "well here we go again"and crap like that. Then the father, who I am sure is Lord Foul drove by and they all went to the local bar to get drunk before the storm. The water went 4 feet up and missed my main floor by like 1/2 an inch. But the people across the street took in the full brunt, at least 4 feet on the main floor. They lost everything, and I mean everything to the bones of the house. Then it all became crystal clear. They WANTED to lose everything. I mean the computers were on the floor when the flood hit. So clearly if they didnt want it to be damaged they would have put them up high, right? I have been watching them now that rebuilding has started. They did not touch the home until the flood insurance people and FEMA did their inspections even though they tell you to take pictures and start cleaning to control the rot. Fema came yesterday to them and after they left, within one hour the containers came and they were gutting the house. As I was passing them, they were laughing and the wife was saying this time she was putting in real wood flooring and not pergo. This is all depressing, speaking from an uninsured pov.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Yeah, one thing I learned in my LP days was that 80% of people will steal/take advantage of a situation if they see an opportunity and think they can get away with it. Yay, humanity.

Jenn - I can't tell you how awesome it is to work with someone who actually laughs at my jokes. Usual response is either "You're weird/crazy O.o" or "Huh? :screwy: ". Not everyone appreciates my sense of humor.

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Your neighbors are a piece of work, lorin. Way to game the system. Cheez. :evil: And yes, thank the gods that the sun has finally come out again! :S

But wait, there's more good news! Magickmaker got hired by Barnes & Noble yesterday! :S :S :S She starts training at 7am Monday. Do ya know what that means? Do ya? What it means is that for the first time since May, I can get ready for work without worrying about waking her up! :S :S :S :S :S

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Go Magickmaker! I miss working at a bookstore. :evil:

On the other hand, when I moved a couple of months ago I vowed to stop accumulating stuff, and that's really difficult when you're exposed to books all day.

duke
Giantfriend

Post by duke »

Guilty. I am yet to read Against All Things Ending for various reasons. I was going to start FR last night, but as I picked it up I realised I probably should re-read Runes again as well. But I read so damn slowly that its a month per book, so I'm even tempted to wait until mid-2013 and read them all then, including The Last Dark when it is released. *sigh*

And this lack of reading AATE has kept me away from the watch... so, yeah, feelin guilty.

btw- hi everyone :)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”