Thomas Covenant

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

wayfriend wrote: Sorry, Zorm, but Hue of Bone's idea is nearer how I see Covenant than yours. Purely a matter of my internal conception, and no reflection on you. (I think because it's too angry, and too Amish farmer.)
Eh, I wasn't expecting everyone to agree with my concept anyhow. ;) We all behold the characters differently. I'm not exactly sure about the appearance of an Amish farmer, though. I vaguely recall they're some American religious group, but not much else. Wikipedia to the rescue, probably...

Mine's more based on the 'air of prophetic intensity' or however it was described from Linden's point of view. I sometimes like to draw semi-exaggerated expressions; suppose he wouldn't scowl akin to that every single second.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Zorm wrote:I'm not exactly sure about the appearance of an Amish farmer, though.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

wayfriend wrote: Image
:lol: :lol:
Henceforth I need to start drawing TC with a straw hat on!
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I still prefer the one dated 7/15. I see how you're changing it, but while the mouth is more "strict" in this one (plus), you seem to have done something with the eyes that, whatever it is, doesn't work for me (minus). And I don't know what happened to the beard here (double minus). I see the hair has become less groomed, which I guess makes sense (plus), but not sure if brown hair is better than the black, I always imagined black (minus). The 7.15 one seemed sort of scholarly and a bit arrogant, which seemed to fit my image, this one seems, based on the bags under the eyes, badly hung over. Although there's a certain Clint Eastwood-ness there, in the hard stare, that may be more apropos for Roland Deschain than Covenant.
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Yeah.
DrPaul
Giantfriend

Post by DrPaul »

Hue of Bone's original image is almost a dead ringer for my spontaneous "mind's eye" image of covenant. I say "spontaneous" because the thought came to me this year that someone leading Covenant's solitary existence on Haven Farm, living off the proceeds of his novels and dealing with the outside world through intermediaries like Megan Roman and Dr. Berenford, would not need a haircut - and that, for a leper, attempting to take scissors to your own hair (especially the bits you can't see in a mirror) would be a risk not worth taking.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

hue of bone wrote:Image
Go Ahead Foul, Make My Day!!!
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”