Washington D.C.

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Xar
Lord

Washington D.C.

Post by Xar »

Hey everyone... long time no see! :D Sorry for the prolonged absence... As some of you know, I moved to the U.S. two months ago, and between a new job and the necessity to settle in, I didn't have much time left to do anything else yet :( Anyway, my new job involves a bit more traveling than the old one, and since I came here I already met with Syl. In addition to that, though, I'm going to Washington D.C. from November 12 to November 17, and I was wondering what would be the chances to meet with the DC contingent of Watchers again :) Let me know!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Cool! I'll bring Magickmaker! Let me know which day you're most available and we'll meet up for dinner. (You might have more luck finding Creator in the Pantheon forum -- just sayin'. ;) )

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Who the hell is this?

:LOLS:

--A
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

aliantha wrote:(You might have more luck finding Creator in the Pantheon forum -- just sayin'. ;) )
Don't start trouble, ali.
Avatar wrote:Who the hell is this?

:LOLS:
See what I mean?
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Don't look at me, Fist -- Av is perfectly capable of starting trouble on his own. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

aliantha wrote:Cool! I'll bring Magickmaker! Let me know which day you're most available and we'll meet up for dinner. (You might have more luck finding Creator in the Pantheon forum -- just sayin'. ;) )
Fist payed her to say that so you'd post there!!! :lol:

I am available the evening of the 12th, 13th, and 14th (but might be a little late.) I will defer to Ali's wisdom to pick the place! Let us know if you will have a car and can drive or if we shoot for a place near your hotel.

Unfortunately I will most likely be traveling myself on the 15th (trip to Microsoft in Redmond, Washington.)

It will be nice to have a mini-Watch night out!!
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I can neither confirm nor deny any rumors that I made a deal to pay ali - with money, sexual favors, or otherwise - to say that.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

i don't care where you people go to meet up just as long as you don't post pics of eating all kinds of delicious sweets and cupcakes and sh*t of that nature. :P
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Fist and Faith wrote:I can neither confirm nor deny any rumors that I made a deal to pay ali - with money, sexual favors, or otherwise - to say that.
Damn! How did I miss *that* text???

EZ Board Survivor

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Creator wrote:Unfortunately I will most likely be traveling myself on the 15th (trip to Microsoft in Redmond, Washington.)

A bit off topic, but since Savor Dam is in that vicinity, perhaps you'll go from one mini-Watch night out to another.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Creator wrote:
aliantha wrote:Cool! I'll bring Magickmaker! Let me know which day you're most available and we'll meet up for dinner. (You might have more luck finding Creator in the Pantheon forum -- just sayin'. ;) )
Fist payed her to say that so you'd post there!!! :lol:

I am available the evening of the 12th, 13th, and 14th (but might be a little late.) I will defer to Ali's wisdom to pick the place! Let us know if you will have a car and can drive or if we shoot for a place near your hotel.

Unfortunately I will most likely be traveling myself on the 15th (trip to Microsoft in Redmond, Washington.)

I'll arrive on the morning of the 12th, and will leave on the 17th, so any day is fine, although probably the 13th or the 14th will be best. I won't have a car, and the hotel is near the Reagan airport, but there is a subway station nearby, and I can always get a taxi if needed ;) Or a charitable Watcher might pass by the hotel and pick me up... just sayin'! :P
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

You will be very close to my stompin' grounds, Xar. 8)

I am leaning toward Sunday the 13th, but Magickmaker doesn't have her work schedule for next week yet (ah, the joys of shift work...) so I'm not prepared to commit yet. Hopefully they'll post her schedule by the end of today.

As for restaurants -- jeez, put the pressure on me, Creator, why don't ya. ;) It depends what you guys are up for. There's a tapas place called Jaleo in Crystal City (you'll probably be able to walk there, Xar) that's run by Jose Andres -- and a whole lot of other places around there, too, but I've only been to Jaleo.

There's a boatload of restaurants about two blocks from my apartment in Shirlington, four of which I can recommend depending on how much y'all want to spend: Capitol City Brewing, Carlyle Grand, Busboys and Poets, or Luna Grille. Cap City Brewing is a microbrewery with pub food. Busboys and Poets is kind of artsy -- they have open-mic poetry nights -- and the menu emphasizes organic food and stuff. Luna Grille is more of a family-style place -- Magickmaker and I ate there Monday night. Carlyle Grand is the priciest option, but their food is worth it and I'm told their Sunday brunch is one of the best in DC. There's no Metro stop here, but we could buzz over and pick you up, Xar -- you will be less than 15 minutes away.

Or if you want to go *really* cheap, there's a California Pizza Kitchen at Pentagon City Metro. :P

EZ Board Survivor

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Open mic at Busboys and Poets on the 15th at 9 pm. It's a DC institution that shouldn't be missed, and they have decent food. Only down side is that you'll have to get there early to stand in line.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Syl, are you up here yet? Tell me again when you start the new gig -- my brain's like a sieve...

Oh, it looks like open mic night at the Shirlington Busboys and Poets is Monday night, the 14th. That's definitely a possibility. But Magickmaker can't come Monday -- she's working 'til close. She's off Sunday. So Sunday's still the best day, I think. But it's up to you guys.

I guess I need to pm Jay and Cail.

EZ Board Survivor

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Unfortunately, I won't be up there till the 20th.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Sunday sounds good to me!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Sounds good to me! :)

No word yet from those other DC-area losers....

Syl: Bummer, you'll just miss Xar. Oh well, your arrival will give him an excuse to come back, right? :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

aliantha wrote:Sounds good to me! :)

No word yet from those other DC-area losers....

Syl: Bummer, you'll just miss Xar. Oh well, your arrival will give him an excuse to come back, right? :lol:
Syl and I actually met in September when I visited North Carolina... :D
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot. Doesn't change anything, tho. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

(Uh-oh, double-posting -- hope the forum mod doesn't get mad at me. ;) )

Soooo...where are we going? Any prefers?

EZ Board Survivor

Return to “General Discussion Forum”