How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Don't worry Sorus, there is always tomorrow and it was my fault we didn't get to interact much today anyway, too caught up with actual work stuff. It would have been fully negated by the evening event that pushed me over the edge so it's probably for the best that we make time tomorrow.

Derek boxed up my blackberry playbook and gave it to a customer today. Thank god we finally got in touch with her BEFORE she MAILED IT TO HER DAUGHTER IN THE PHILLIPINES!!!! He is denying he boxed it up because he's too obnoxious to admit fault and he knows I am really angry about this.

In order to calm down from my red rage I came up with some extremely evil ways to make Derek suffer. Note to self, stock up on ipecac and harvest poison oak leaves at next opportunity... :evil:
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

O.o

Ouch.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I would simply forgive him with minor torture if he just admitted he screwed up but he's denying in the face of everything obvious and his texts contradict his previous texts. I'll show you tomorrow on my phone, Sorus. Admission of guilt = forgiveness with some slight suffering through minor zings and references to screwup. Boldfaced lying and trying to pass blame = suffering and pain. It's that simple.

Facts, we had one blackberry 32g left in stock which sold yesterday. Derek sold setup services on it. Derek told customer it would be ready today. I brought my blackberry 32g to work and set it on Kin's desk. Customer picked up blackberry 32g today from Derek. One blackberry left on Kin's desk. NOT MINE. My blackberry? gone from office. Last thing he claimed is he unboxed it, did the services and reboxed it from the tech bench.... then why is the blackberry in the office a 32g attached to the email, *******@venturecapital.com and not cameramanjenn@hotmail.com. Also how did the protective film packaging miraculously reattach itself to MY blackberry after I crumpled it and threw it away? He was the only one who dealt with the customer's blackberry so what happened? The Keebler Elves decided to drop acid and play pranks on the folks of Office Depot? Or better yet, Snatchy McTabletgrabber was so turned on by my attempt to stop his last theft that he taught himself how to walk through walls, escaped San Quentin, infiltrated the manager's office and swapped the tablets to get my info so he could stalk me? I hate it when people either actually think I am that stupid/gullible or they just can't own up to a simple mistake. Honestly, that's the part that pisses me off the most.... sorry for the rant folks, need to vent it or I might actually punch him tomorrow.

Ok, must go to happy place.... think... think.... OH, did I ever mention that bee antennae and feet really tickle when they are investigating your lower lip? Hard not to giggle but I didn't want to knock her off my lip with too much movement, breathing air. Ok... much better now.

Zenlunatic
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Zenlunatic »

Did he take the strawberries too? :-)
"I have all the best words."
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

What an idiot your co-worker is. Cheez.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

I have another cold and everything smells like fish. :throwup:
The King has one more move.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Derek should run for Congress!!! :P Getting incredibly windy here---no where near as bad as the 97 mph winds in LA, but...
fall far and well Pilots!
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

It was pretty windy here today as well. My half an hour hair curling job was done over in about three minutes of walking to the BART station.

I did get my blackberry playbook back though so the day wasn't a total wash. It was hecka swamped in the copy center today and we did over three times our goal for the day without a single big job. It's finals week at the art college so most of the 950 bucks we made today was in 5-10 dollar increments.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Feeling a bit rough actually. :lol: My own fault. Was our 13th anniversary yesterday, so we went out for dinner.

--A
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Congratulations, Av and Melody. May there be many more!

(Oh, and though the sentiment belongs in another thread, sorry you are feeling poorly post-celebration) 8)
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hahaha, thanks. It's not too bad...mostly just lack of sleep. Mostly. :lol:

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

::sigh::

At the beginning of the year, I had started to feel....different than I have felt before - lower energy, sore in the tummy region, a permanently coated tongue, and a variety of different seeming things that was hard to pinpoint to the doctor. When I finally did work up the nerve to talk to the doctor, she had me go for bloodwork and such. Everything kept coming up negative, so I relaxed. I had a fatty tumor in my tummy that I had removed, and it was nothing more than a blub.
In April I went to the dentist who saw a little growth in my mouth and said she wanted me to just pop in in a couple weeks, which I did and she said it seemed fine now.
In August, I had an evening where my throat felt very sore after singing, like someone stuck a small knife down there and cut something. Later that night, I felt like my throat was closing up, but eventually I got to sleep and the next day it wasn't quite as bad, and within a week or two, I felt a bit more normal.
In October, I had a dentist appointment again, and they found the "lump" in my mouth again, and said I should go to an ears, nose and throat doctor. Nervous about this, I've been putting it off, but also because there is a new baby in the house and constantly things going on when I am home. The lump hasn't been getting bigger, so...
These last couple of weeks, it feels like my throat is closing up again, and is kind of sore off to one side. I finally called the ENT doc and I have to wait almost two weeks to get seen, and they were trying to book the earliest appointment they could find because of my symptoms. Because of this reaction, I have to admit, I'm a bit scared. And when I get to thinking about it, my throat feels even tighter, and gets dryer, which makes it worse. If I can just stop thinking about it, I can at least make it through the 2 weeks until I see the doc. Who knows how long before we can do anything about it though.
Bluh.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

{{{cag}}}

Here's hoping it is something similar to the fatty tumor and nothing to be super concerned about.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Hang in there, Cag. |G Hoping it turns out to be nothing serious.

Av -- congrats to you and Melody! :banana:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

hugs cag. as tom petty so aptly put it, the waiting is the hardest part.

i'll be sending good mojo east to you sweetpea. big big hugs.
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Shaun das Schaf »

That's the worst kind of anxiety eh Cag? :(
Crossing my hooves for you, hoping everything will be ok, hoping KW and Mallorys act as warm sturdy distractions.
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

Tom Petty also said,

"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
in a world that keeps on pushin me around
but I'll stand my ground
...and I won't back down"
"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Hang in their, Cagliostro. I hope it's not throat squirrels; nothing seems to get rid of those pesky guys. :wink:
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

CAGBRO! Lighting a candle right now. I'm sure it's probably something stupid and minor though. Huggles!

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Shaun das Schaf wrote:Crossing my hooves for you.
Buffalo joins sheep in this gesture.
Insecurity over health concerns sucks!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw

Return to “General Discussion Forum”