Acropolis Discussion

Moderator: [Syl]

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Didn't show up on my main page for some reason. That's fine, go ahead and post it.

As a brief aside, I would appreciate it if you guys asked more questions in the forum and less via PM and email. If it's not strictly related to your submissions... The forum could use some more activity, for one thing. For another, you guys could discuss things (or maybe even decide? craziness) among yourselves. I know things are a bit more complex than we're used to, but it's still a GT game not all that different from Pantheon or Aesir. And some of you seem to have a handle on certain aspects that trouble others, so... talk it out. Chances are things will work better if you guys come to a consensus than ask me for a call.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Aisha
Stonedownor

Post by Aisha »

Menolly wrote:For once, I did enter one of these games with an idea in mind,
Cool! :D
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Shen wrote:
Menolly wrote:For once, I did enter one of these games with an idea in mind,
Cool! :D
heh.

Poor Autarch...
cedar
Stonedownor

Post by cedar »

Syl wrote:the gods are actually a part of the world (often literally).
This is what's intriguing me the most.. it's an exciting way of playing.
. I think I've got an idea worked out.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Turn 2 results are out. No global events to report.

I would recommend the two remaining players establish a holy place. Some of you may notice visitors to yours. At least this time, they're not anything special. Just a kind of random occurrence you can expect from time to time. Do with them what you will.

Suggested form of submissions:

Acropolis - [character] - Turn [x]

State where you are and what form you're in ("same as last" is acceptable). State what you do. State the intended result of your actions (your tribe gaining some characteristic or ability falls under this category)

Summarize DSP use towards what (recommend specifying the stat you expect to increase, if any)

Summarize your holdings. Highlight or place an asterisk by any you think are relevant to your actions this turn.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

I have a question: Just how primitive are the people? Can we assume that they have a certain amount of technology? For example, are they farming? Or, are they still hunter/gatherers?
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

They're only a few hundred years old, so... They know that they can gather useful food and materials from certain plants, but that's about it.
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Hmm...

Can we share knowledge our followers learned in results with others? Can that be done via Stories of the People between turns? Or would such need to be done in a submission?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Menolly - If you received the knowledge in your turn results, then it's in-character. You should be able to tell that IC knowledge to anybody else... mortals (if done properly) or by directly communicating it, etc.

[Syl] - Between travel and Inferno, been a bit busy to write a story for my holy place. But I'll get to it in the next couple days. I had an idea, just needed to put my creative writing hat on.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

What Goat said. Unless there's some reason you couldn't communicate, I mean. But under normal circumstances, the same godly power that gives you a voice in the Forum allows you to talk to other gods, including privately, at will.

And yeah, man. No problem.
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Thanks for answering, both of you.

Autarch, I understand in turn submissions we can not speak for our followers. What about in the Stories of the People posts though? Since those are stories as told by the people, can we attribute thoughts and actions there? Just not assume they'll have any game play influence?
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Sounds good to me. Remember, the stories aren't necessarily true (though they have a certain 'truthiness'), so you can fudge things a bit.
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Cool.

I expect after my last attempts at getting a turn done correctly, you'll have an idea where I want to go, story-wise. Let me know if I take it too far, please.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

When's the submission deadline? On or around the 1st works great for me. No matter what, I'll have to get my turn for Acro sorted out before the Inferno deadline of the 1st, so I can focus on processing then.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

[Syl] wrote:And yeah, man. No problem.
Schweet, me too thanks. :D

--A
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yep, the deadline's the 1st, though up until the 6th or so should be OK.
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

[Syl] wrote:Suggested form of submissions:

Acropolis - [character] - Turn [x]

State where you are and what form you're in ("same as last" is acceptable). State what you do. State the intended result of your actions (your tribe gaining some characteristic or ability falls under this category)

Summarize DSP use towards what (recommend specifying the stat you expect to increase, if any)

Summarize your holdings. Highlight or place an asterisk by any you think are relevant to your actions this turn.
Can you throw the above into the rules post, s'il-vous plait?

Also, I noticed that it doesn't list the cost to make a shrine. (High Priest is 3DSP.)
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

OK, rules are updated. I strongly recommend going through and reading it. Most changes are cosmetic (rearranging some things, explaining others a bit better).

This is kind of a gross oversight on my part, but there are no more shrines. It's basically wherever your high priest takes sacrifices. To simplify things, I've made it so that every clan (up to 5 in a tribe) automatically has a high priest. And to balance it out, I've made the cost of forming a new clan 5 DSP.
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Thanks for the clarifications. :)
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

High Priests are mobile?
  • AWESOME!

Return to “Acropolis”