Acropolis Discussion

Moderator: [Syl]

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

"dogwood"

YES! I love it... :D :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

^what he said^

Awesome story!
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

+1 like!
Orlando
Ramen

Post by Orlando »

Thanks!

You can see the "beast" in my avatar - the one in shadow.
Last edited by Orlando on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yeah, really good story!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I have 4 submissions in. If everyone else can get theirs done today or early tomorrow, I should be able to have results out tomorrow night. If not, it will probably not be until next weekend, and there may be some nastiness in store for the laggards.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I am away from home celebrating Passover with family and friends. I probably won't get to Serenity's before Monday, as I am driving back home tomorrow...
cedar
Stonedownor

Post by cedar »

Turn sent! Hopefully this doesn't backfire...haha
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

"Treegazing". Awesome turn of phrase. I love it.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

A question regarding Mythic time submissions. The rules state:
The Autarch wrote:You may not combine mythic time actions with game time actions in the same submission.
So I don't "self limit" myself, as Fist is so fond of saying, by interpreting the rules perhaps more strictly than intended...

If we have an attendant in current time who can act on our behalf, can that attendant act in current time while the deity is acting in Mythic time? Or is the attendant ineffective while the submission is focused in Mythic time, since they did not exist then? My assumption is since the deity is not acting in current time, that they are unavailable to give instructions to the attendant. But, would appreciate clarification, please.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I'm in a good mood. Otherwise I'd say, 'These are the kinds of questions you ask before deadline.' :mrgreen:

Just don't mix the two in the same turn. You can do an action in mythic time, but that action can't relate to anything else you're doing this turn. Keep it kosher, so to speak. Mythic time's the cheese; current time's the meat.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Updated the rules to include the following:
Submissions are due, via email, the first of every month. Submitting early is fine, so long as you do not submit before I have the results out for the previous turn. However, excessive revisions may be punished or disallowed, so keep that in mind.

Since I do not process until the first full week's end, there is a significant grace period, but this does not change the deadline. Submit your turns on time, and we won't have any problems. No huge deal if you're a little past deadline, but the longer it is, the more likely things are to go badly for you. Don't submit by the time I send out results and you miss your turn.

Also, I will not answer any privately submitted questions about what things may or may not be permissable, how something works, or so forth after the deadline. This is an issue of fairness to other players as well as incentive to do your planning before the deadline. I will answer public questions to clear up rules and game mechanics, but things that might pertain to particular situations may be vague. Similarly, I will not reply to a submission that comes in after the deadline if something you're trying to do does not work, probably giving you unexpected results and/or lost DSP.
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

My apologies, Autarch. As I posted above, I was out of town for Passover, and unable to focus on drafting my submission in a timely manner. If it is deemed too late, I understand.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I haven't made the deadline as clear as I should have before now, so that's fine. But whatever tongue-lashing you get from Fist or Goat for delaying results (and a new Trial) for a week is on you. ;)

And rereading my previous answer, I see I didn't really make the distinction that much clearer. You can, for example, do one action in mythic time and another in game time, but those two actions cannot relate to each other in any way. Essentially, consider your actions in mythic time like a check that doesn't draft until after the turn has closed. Once the next turn starts, however, you're free to use whatever stuff you may have done in mythic time last turn with stuff you're doing in game time this turn.
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

The Autarch wrote:I haven't made the deadline as clear as I should have before now, so that's fine. But whatever tongue-lashing you get from Fist or Goat for delaying results (and a new Trial) for a week is on you. ;)
I can handle Fist and goat, as long as it stays out of game, most likely.
But uhm..."new Trial?"
The Autarch wrote:And rereading my previous answer, I see I didn't really make the distinction that much clearer. You can, for example, do one action in mythic time and another in game time, but those two actions cannot relate to each other in any way. Essentially, consider your actions in mythic time like a check that doesn't draft until after the turn has closed. Once the next turn starts, however, you're free to use whatever stuff you may have done in mythic time last turn with stuff you're doing in game time this turn.
That is much clearer, thank you.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Don't be putting me in the same boat as Fist. I'm still working on my own processing, so no hassle from me if stuff is pushed out.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Oops, sorry, long weekend, and no internet at home for some reason. Deserve whatever nastiness I get, but will submit today.

--A
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I'm sure I have no idea what you people are talking about!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Yeah, it's usually the slowest apple who falls so far behind the pack.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

[I remembered to ask publicly, so everyone can benefit from the information]

Let's say that hypothetically, Nyx were currently in the Trunk region. If she were to move to the Branches during this next turn, what kind of leeway do I have in describing her home / temple / whatever up there? Can we assume that such a place already exists, or would I need to use this turn's power / actions / whatever to create it?

Also, unrelated to that, if we can assume that the Forum of the Gods is where all of us player gods can talk IC, does that also mean that NPC gods are there, and that by extension we can sort of "shout" to the universe and expect god XYZ to reasonably be able to hear it? (Barring wierd circumstances, or that god choosing not to answer, is it reasonable to think we can just initiate conversation with NPC gods?)

And, for those of you (Fist) who didn't get my reference, I was saying that you're dumb.

Return to “Acropolis”