How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Cambo: Yay!! Heal well. :hug:

Sorus: document, document, document!! Keep a log on the minion's activities (or lack of) to cover your rear end. And hang in there. These people generally shoot themselves in the foot pretty quickly.

No need for me to revisit all the reasons we're stressed out, but thankfully as time goes on Stag's attitude becomes more "not my problem" (which it's not); he even makes his incompetent co-minions call their boss overseas and ask him the stupid questions. (They all see him as their ad-hoc boss because he's the only competent one, but he's had enough of doing his boss's work.)

Anyway, none of that is anywhere near the stress level of some friends/co-workers in the far north of Nigeria who, after the town where they live underwent an extremist attack resulting in complete chaos, are having to abandon their home and move about 30 people to Niger in order to be safe. They're Fulani from Niger so it's not as bad as it could be; there ain't nothing in Niger but sand and skinny cows and Fulani.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Cambo wrote: Out of hospital tomorrow, all going well. Then it's up to my folks house for six weeks of recovery. Sigh. An unwanted interruption to my life, but at least it wasn't any worse.

Oh, and the doctors have confirmed I have Crohns disease. Will require later management and treatment, but should be no huge impact on my quality of life.
Cambo, that's great. And good that you've got a diagnosis. There was a discussion on the radio here the other day about Crohns disease and a lot of people rang up to say how much trouble they had had getting diagnosed! Knowing what you've actually got is half the battle, isn't it. Now you can concentrate on dealing with it. Good luck!
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

deer of the dawn wrote:No need for me to revisit all the reasons we're stressed out, but thankfully as time goes on Stag's attitude becomes more "not my problem" (which it's not)
Yay!
he even makes his incompetent co-minions call their boss overseas and ask him the stupid questions.
Awww, yeah! :banana:

Over here... I'm feeling hyper and while I feel like doing something creative, we'll see if anything comes of that!
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

My cousin is doing a podcast about his life in the peace corp in Africa. Thought you might enjoy it, especially you, Deer.

www.lifeinpodcast.org/
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Shaun das Schaf »

Cambo, glad you now have a confirmed diagnosis. Good luck recovering and keeping it at bay! :hug:
Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

I feel good today, because I have a new pair of fuzzy socks to protect me from the intense Florida winter! Warm feet!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Intense Florida winter?
:spew:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

:spew: indeed. Weather forecast says it's about +15C in those parts of America, which would mean sandals, capris, and a T-shirt for some of us, with the possibility of a spare longsleeve in case of windy weather.

Welcome back, tho. :biggrin:
Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

:lol: I know, I know.....but for me, it is COLD. Brrrrrrrrr. I used to live in NY, but my blood has thinned tremendously in 8 yrs.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

+15C is my June and sometimes the early July! It's not cold, it's noooot!!! :hide:
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Apparently Gator Town is under a freeze warning for the next two nights, with lows expected to drop in to the mid-twenties F.

Yeah, I would find that cold...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Congrats on a diagnosis, Cambo. 8) And yeah, what Av said -- now you'll have plenty of time to post. :mrgreen:

We might get snow Wednesday. Or, y'know, not. :roll:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

aliantha wrote:Congrats on a diagnosis, Cambo. 8) And yeah, what Av said -- now you'll have plenty of time to post. :mrgreen:

We might get snow Wednesday. Or, y'know, not. :roll:
Haha, yes I guess I will. Not only that, a very generous friend lent me her laptop for the duration of my recovery, so I don't have to borrow my Dad's PC all the time. 8)

Second day home, the surreal feel of the past month or so I've been sick has yet to pass. On a much happier note, my appetite has returned for the first time since the operation. I love food again! :D
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Frostheart wrote:It's not cold, it's noooot!!!
Yes it is. But that's funny, because that's my June & early July too. Except it's the middle of winter. :lol:

--A
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Phth southlanders. :P

At least Deer seemed to agree somewhere that 5 months of snow = normal winter. Not bloody +15. For starters, it has a + sign in front of it, how can it be winter??? ;)
Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

Scared, but happy and excited....8 years ago, I moved from Upstate NY to Florida with my parents, to help take care of my grandparents who were aging. I began a relationship which lasted for 7-1/2 years. Yes, the relationship has ended, for good reasons...but it has left me adrift, and most of my friends were his friends. My grandparents have passed on. I am unemployed. I am feeling very alone. It is time to go home to NY.

I will be living with my brother and his wife....not the best situation, but I am awfully lucky to have any situation at all right now, lol. I am hoping to get a job working with the State of NY (which is where I worked prior to my move, on the SUNY New Paltz campus) unless there is a hiring freeze because of the sequester. My nephew is a manager at a drug store, so I hope to quickly get a job there, just to get some money coming in.

I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to know that I am going home. To be with friends, see the beautiful places I grew up near. Florida is nice, but it is an eyesore compared to the natural beauty of Upstate NY. I plan to leave in two weeks, which will give me time to organize my move.

I am scared, because it could all go horribly wrong. But it could also go wonderfully right. Here goes nothing!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

This from the lady who just a few posts ago was saying Florida was too cold? :lol:

Best of luck reinventing your life. Lots of Watchers have done so in the past year (including at least one other former Floridian who is now in a better climate :grinlove:), and the stories have all been good so far.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

Thank you for your encouragement. I need all I can get right now....so very scary! :hairs:

However, I will be among many friends of a lifetime soon, and their encouragement will mean so much.

:cross: Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Thanks, again. |G
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Good luck. :D I'm sure it'll work out in the end. Most things do.

--A
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

lorin wrote:My cousin is doing a podcast about his life in the peace corp in Africa. Thought you might enjoy it, especially you, Deer.

www.lifeinpodcast.org/
Very cool!! Sounds like not far from where I live... it's been built up so much the last couple years. Our house used to be in the "bush".

And the other day, we had 45C-- in the sun, that is (114F). Mostly it's been about 37 in the shade (100F) during the day.

And yes, anything above 0C is not really cold!!! Of course, after a few years of Africa, I'll probably never be able to handle -40C again. :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener

Return to “General Discussion Forum”