How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

lorin wrote:
Iolanthe wrote:
lorin wrote: I took my little Mac to the genius bar for a spa day. We are all up to date and they helped me double the ram. I love those people. They spent 2 hours with me, no charge. Gertrude Gigglehop (my mac) is 7 years old with no problems except that poll thing. I am hoping it is working now.
Lorin, could you translate please? I don't understand a word of that! i.e. little Mac, genius bar, spa day, double the ram (random access memory??) etc. :?
I took my Mac (lap top) to the Apple store. They have what is called a Genius Bar, which is really a bunch of low paid computer nerds that help you with updating your computer and dealing with any problems. I was being silly calling it a Spa Day since it worked out all the kinks. RAM is the amount of memory the machine has. I had 2 GB's, now I have 4GB's.
Ah, now I understand. At least I got ram right! My computer has 4GB ram too. :D

SD, congratulations!
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Savor Dam wrote:Rather pleased with myself. Semi-annual doctor visit resulted in a decrease in diabetic medication. Minor weight loss, decreased blood pressure, decreased long-term blood glucose.
That is no easy accomplishment. Congrats!!!!
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I imagine you had to work hard for that, SD, well done.

Stag sent off a letter this am which could end up being a bombshell... or not. If nothing changes, at least he has his legal rear end covered. It's a good beginning to addressing a mountain of issues.

A friend who works for us has an enlarged liver. Whatever the cause is (and with her health history it could be a lot of different things) her prognosis is not good. I am very worried about it and trying not to be. I hate it when people die. :(
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

deer of the dawn wrote: A friend who works for us has an enlarged liver. Whatever the cause is (and with her health history it could be a lot of different things) her prognosis is not good. I am very worried about it and trying not to be. I hate it when people die. :(
I had an enlarged liver. For me it was obesity. It is normal now.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Nice going, SD! :clap:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Had a moment today. Frustrating but brought it on myself. I took it upon myself to just start doing the scheduling out of frustration of last minute scheduling and bad gaps in the coverage overlap. Now it's my thing. However, on Friday my boss insisted he would do the schedule. Monday he said he hadn't had a chance to do it but he would get to it. He had meetings Tuesday and today so he wasn't at the store. He called me today after his meeting and asked me to do the schedule. I would have done it Monday if he hadn't said he would do it. It has to be done by Wednesday so I had to kick ass and get it done. I ended up doing the week after too while I was at it just because I feel like if I don't he is going to claim he's going to do it again and leave it to the last minute since he's gotten spoiled by me.

Hugs to everyone who needs em. |G
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

lorin wrote:
deer of the dawn wrote: A friend who works for us has an enlarged liver. Whatever the cause is (and with her health history it could be a lot of different things) her prognosis is not good. I am very worried about it and trying not to be. I hate it when people die. :(
I had an enlarged liver. For me it was obesity. It is normal now.
That is comforting, lorin, but she is not all that large, is HIV+, has lymphatic filiarasis (which can become elephantiasis), and a bleeding ulcer; has had hepatitis, tuberculosis, PID, and ongoing mysterious undiagnosed skin conditions; she continually has malaria and typhoid. And that's just in the last 7 years, since we've known her. Unfortunately she didn't like the side effects of HIV treatment and went off it a couple years ago. Oh, we were mad at her about that. She's a single mother and if she passes away her son goes back to his father, an evil man who provides the wives and children with no food, clothes, shoes, beds, blankets, school tuition; he actually steals from them when he gets the chance.

On a positive note, :) Stag feels a great sense of relief after communicating with HQ about some of the issues. He is figuring out ways to keep himself from being hauled into court in place of his boss, who is actually responsible but is out of the country; and he has options-- none easy, but they are there. He's basically decided that he isn't going to clean up the mess others have made. :banana: It's nice to have him back.

ps. I'm so proud of myself. I finally got to use the word "blackup" in a conversation. 8)

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Fire Daughter
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Fire Daughter »

Tired... *yawn*...but it's a content tired. :-)
For Myles--
When evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

For Mom--
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly...fly high against the sky...
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you
The wind beneath my wings

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

My last dark night in the Faroes. Probably the oddest place I've ende up so far, but going to miss Torshavn a bit. So quiet here.

Shaun, you should totally drag your woolly arse here. Sheep, sheep, sheep everywhere. Eating seaweed on the shore, trotting over the sidewalks. Wouldn't be surprised to hear about undersea sheep colonies or meresheep. Io's 4GB of RAM would get a completely different meaning. Just get over your phobia of sleet falling sideways. Come on, it's about 25 celsius warmer than on the morning I left Finland. That's a positive summer!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Something is up with my right ear. Suddenly last night started noticing that certain sounds were causing a buzz. Decided to see if it would vanish overnight: nope. Mostly when I hear people talk, I get this buzzy kind of echo in that ear.

I never got round to registering with a local GP when I moved, so not sure how soon I could get to see a doctor.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Well! I have energy again. I'm raring to go. Just a little cough left now.

Just thought you'd like to know. :D
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Despite several interviews I am still unemployed. However, I have been getting primary care through the county health clinic, and thanks to research SD did, I am enrolled for the next few months in a program called Project Access Northwest for specialty care the health clinic does not provide. So far they have arranged for me to have an ultrasound of my thyroid done per my primary care provider, and have referred me to an endocrinologist. The endocrinologist has ordered the annual whole body nuclear medicine scan I was supposed to have done in January, and according to the endocrinology staff, Project Access supposedly will provide that for me as well.

The scan was originally scheduled for the 29th, but I have to go on the low-iodine diet for a week and have a couple of injections, as well as take the radioactive iodine pill during the week prior. After discussion with my endocrinologist's staff, we decided doing the low-iodine diet during pesach would be too difficult, especially as many of the seder ritual foods would be off limits. So, it has been rescheduled mid-April.

The endocrinologist tested my TSH levels and it seems the 150 mcg dose of levothyroxine is perfect for me to maintain my levels at 0.47. So here's hoping staying so long at 125 mcg did not do any irreparable harm. We shall see where I'm at in April when the scan is done.

I am so thankful this organization exists to help someone like me. If you would like to read up on them, and possibly make a donation to help them in their work, please visit their website.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

This post contains EVEN MOAR WEATHER TALK. It's the favorite topic of Finns, as there's such a lot of it.

Back to winter from the veritable spring weather of København and Føroyar. No, seriously, I saw FLOWERS in Tórshavn. 8O Here, streets iced over since November, -13 outside, some 60cm of snow. Try to hunt down something non-coniferous and green in that. Had some evil fun (*buahahaha*) teasing the island folk over the matter of what cold means. See, everyone and their pet puffins kept telling me how freezing and bad the weather is, don't go hiking in the mountains blah blah blah. Even though it's on the same latitudes as FFFland, the climate's much, much milder, comparable to that of Iceland, and their "snow" equals a light sprinkling of white across the mountains. It seems they also get most of their visitors from warmer countries. Quoting one guy from Vestmanna: "Snow and tourists don't mix." Meanwhile in Fland, the cold record of (this) winter was broken a couple of days back, and it was hilarious to watch people's expressions when I told about the -39-something juxtaposed to their zero-ish and sleet. :twisted: Kind of sobered up thereafter. Wind turned out very stormy, though, and had to abandon longer mountain visits after I almost fell over a few times.

The most interesting sight of yesterday: skeletons from a 6000-year-old Neolithic mass grave excavated near Køge. Complete with stone tool offerings.

FYI, all my degrees are Celsius. I don't do those weird fahrenwhatsits.
Icarus Unfallen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Icarus Unfallen »

Frostheart wrote:FYI, all my degrees are Celsius. I don't do those weird fahrenwhatsits.
Perhaps Kevin's Watch should standardize on Kelvin's Thermometer? ;)
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Icarus Unfallen wrote:
Frostheart wrote:FYI, all my degrees are Celsius. I don't do those weird fahrenwhatsits.
Perhaps Kevin's Watch should standardize on Kelvin's Thermometer? ;)

I agree. I would so love not ever hearing anybody whine about "below zero" ever again [cuz below absolute zero, you can't hear them scream!]...
Plus it would crack me up to hear "Man, it's COLD...it didn't even get above 270 today!"
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Hey guess what??? it's 2.77778 degrees Celsius and raining. Thank the powers that be it's not frigging snowing again... whoo hooo!!! Happy now guys? :P
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Recovery is coming along nicely. Hardly any pain any more besides the occasional dull ache. Scar is shaping up to look pretty gnarly- it runs from where my belly button used to be (they closed it up) down to my groin. Formulating stories of barfights involving P-addled gang members with switchblades. :lol:

Four weeks to go, and the recovery period is looking increasingly like a holiday. :)
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Wow, Cambo. My scar from what I assume is a very similar procedure (in 1992) is from slightly above navel to well into groin...but I thought that these things were now done laparoscopically. Guess not.

Yes, once the staples come out and you can cough without trauma, the recovery is pretty easy.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Tired, and I can feel winter coming, but at least it's a three day week.

Followed by 2 four day weeks.

--A
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Glad to hear it, Cambo. Three days' teaching this week, a day of Parent/Teacher conferences, then a week off, Hallelujah!!!! :banana:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”