How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Savor Dam wrote:Wow, Cambo. My scar from what I assume is a very similar procedure (in 1992) is from slightly above navel to well into groin...but I thought that these things were now done laparoscopically. Guess not.

Yes, once the staples come out and you can cough without trauma, the recovery is pretty easy.

They did a laproscopic for my appendix surgery, for some reason they couldn't do it for removing my bowel. They told me why, but I can't remember. No staples, though: dissolving stitches :)
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Ah, we could have a scar fest! :D Mine is from just above the navel to down there too. 38 staples - the gynie was very proud of that!

Glad to hear you are doing well Cambo!
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Icarus Unfallen wrote:
Frostheart wrote:FYI, all my degrees are Celsius. I don't do those weird fahrenwhatsits.
Perhaps Kevin's Watch should standardize on Kelvin's Thermometer? ;)
Ke(l)vin's Thermomether works for me. ;) And I'm not the one complaining about below zero temperatures...unless they're in Ke(l)vin. :lol:

Good luck to those recovering or otherwise in the middle of life-problems!
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Cambo wrote:Recovery is coming along nicely. Hardly any pain any more besides the occasional dull ache. Scar is shaping up to look pretty gnarly- it runs from where my belly button used to be (they closed it up) down to my groin. Formulating stories of barfights involving P-addled gang members with switchblades. :lol:

Four weeks to go, and the recovery period is looking increasingly like a holiday. :)
They took your belly button??? How will you prove you're not an alien? 8O and and and what will you pick lint from?
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Do they charge extra for removing a navel? :lol: Glad to hear you're on the mend, Cambo.

I had laparoscopic surgery for the gall bladder removal, but both C-sections were, uh, C-sections. "Bikini cuts", but still....

This is a 4-day week for me. On Friday, I get on a train and head to Indianapolis for a long weekend. Back home sometime Tuesday. Ought to be fun. :)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

lorin wrote:
Cambo wrote:Recovery is coming along nicely. Hardly any pain any more besides the occasional dull ache. Scar is shaping up to look pretty gnarly- it runs from where my belly button used to be (they closed it up) down to my groin. Formulating stories of barfights involving P-addled gang members with switchblades. :lol:

Four weeks to go, and the recovery period is looking increasingly like a holiday. :)
They took your belly button??? How will you prove you're not an alien? 8O and and and what will you pick lint from?
:lol: :lol: Funny you should say that, before the op my bellybutton was pretty deep, and I'd always, always, have a little ball of lint in it in the morning. I'm worried that now all that lint isn't being vacuumed up, I'm going to awake one day looking like I climbed out the back of a dryer.
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

My father in law told my children that if they played with their belly buttons their bottoms would fall off. :lol:
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Cambo wrote:
lorin wrote:

:lol: :lol: Funny you should say that, before the op my bellybutton was pretty deep, and I'd always, always, have a little ball of lint in it in the morning. I'm worried that now all that lint isn't being vacuumed up, I'm going to awake one day looking like I climbed out the back of a dryer.

Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

Cambo, I hope your recovery continues to go well! Here in Florida, most scars are caused by shark bites! ;)

I am happy, sad, excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. I am driving to NY tomorrow morning and starting all over again. Many different feelings. However, I am so thrilled that I am going to be living in the beautiful Hudson Valley again. :) I'm going home! Yay!

Have a great couple of days, everyone!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Your phrasing above prompts this pair of video wishes for the journey you are embarking on.

Starting All Over Again

The Road Home
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

:hug: Thank you. I'm shaking. Excitement, nervousness, everything. Today was the first day in my entire life that I actually forgot to eat. I have purposely not eaten before, but never just forgotten all about it. Getting ready for dinner now. :) Wheeeeeeee! I wonder if I will sleep?
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Lady Revel wrote:I am happy, sad, excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. I am driving to NY tomorrow morning and starting all over again. Many different feelings. However, I am so thrilled that I am going to be living in the beautiful Hudson Valley again. :) I'm going home! Yay!

Have a great couple of days, everyone!
I will wave to you as you make your way up 95 :welcome:
Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

It is 95 all the way!!!! I will wave back! lol! Now, to try and get some sleep, so I am alert for tomorrow! Bye, bye! See you soon! :)
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

have to go to the doctor in the am for my tummy issues.

Julie's mom is back in the hospital, blood clots. so prayers, well-wishes, etc. thank you in advance.

I get comic books in Houston tomorrow.

people need to vote for me as Member of the Year so I can use it as a springboard to taking the Modship of Mallory's.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Good luck Lady Revel. You'll be fine. :D

--A
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Lady, maybe you can meet up with me and Linna this August. :D

Had a strange night. It's been close to 100 degrees F every day, 80s at night. And no electricity to run a fan, let alone AC. So I kept half-waking from very strange dreams, not sure what was real... One dream involved that our parrot died (he had an eye infection which seems to be clearing but he may be blind in the eye). So I went out this morning to check on him. He was fine, but the puppy is very very sick. :( So the weird, unreal feeling hasn't quite left.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Icarus Unfallen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Icarus Unfallen »

null wrote:people need to vote for me as Member of the Year...
From what I have seen around here, null is lucky that folks like Frostheart and Effaeldm have not seen this post. If they had, they surely would have made much of the word "Member."
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Icarus Unfallen wrote:
null wrote:people need to vote for me as Watcher of the Year...
From what I have seen around here, null is lucky that folks like Frostheart and Effaeldm have not seen this post. If they had, they surely would have made much of the word "Member."
better?

took our grandson to Galveston for his b/d. wil post pics when i get them back.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Woke up this morning, an oppressive feeling of death in the air. I don't usually have "feelings" about things, but it was very real. The puppy was dead this morning. That's two dogs in a year. Lily, the one dog who has survived them both, is anxious and confused.

A comfort was that my son, who broke up with a girl he's been in love with and wanted to marry for some time, and cried with me over Skype a few days ago, e-mailed me today and he is taking it very, very well, coming out strong from something very painful.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Got the jeep back but now the stupid rental car has a flat tire and so I went to change it and it's like they friggin welded the lugnuts on. I got so frustrated that I had to walk away and now I am going to have to deal with it tomorrow before I go to work... gah... oh and it's snowing again...
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com

Return to “General Discussion Forum”