The Last Dark Forum is now open for discussion

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Hi Menolly. :D

I applied to join.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

variol son wrote:Do I request access to the forum for The Last Dark here?
Where the hell have you been?

Do you think you can just waltz back in here as though you'd never been gone?

(OK, well, you can, but that's not the point...)

Welcome back Vs. We missed you.

--A
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

variol son wrote:Do I request access to the forum for The Last Dark here?
Where the hell have you been?

Do you think you can just waltz back in here as though you'd never been gone?

(OK, well, you can, but that's not the point...)

Welcome back Vs. We missed you.

--A
Indeed I do. And how could I stay away, with a new chapter of The Last Dark to be read? :D

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.

Post by Avatar »

I'm wounded Vs. I'm shattered. The only thing that brought you back is the chapter being released? How could you... :(

--A
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

I don't mean to offend, but without enjoyable discussion of the Chronicles without the clamour of voices braying "I hate Linden!" and "I don't hate Linden!" there didn't appear to be much point in visiting all that often.

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I'm not gonna do any more of that. :lol: I haven't visited any Last Chrons forums in a very long time, and won't bother anybody when the last book comes out.

Anyway, remarkably good to see your name on the Index page, vs.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Fist and Faith wrote:Anyway, remarkably good to see your name on the Index page, vs.
:biggrin:

High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

variol son wrote:I don't mean to offend, but without enjoyable discussion of the Chronicles without the clamour of voices braying "I hate Linden!" and "I don't hate Linden!" there didn't appear to be much point in visiting all that often.
You missed some fun stuff then, :lol:
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Fun in that it had nothing to do with hating or not hating Linden Avery?

I realised reading back that my post was a little convoluted, so suffice it to say that good discussion untouched by the pervasive virus of the Linden debate is what I had been missing.

ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

variol son wrote:Fun in that it had nothing to do with hating or not hating Linden Avery?

I realised reading back that my post was a little convoluted, so suffice it to say that good discussion untouched by the pervasive virus of the Linden debate is what I had been missing.
Hi variol son!

I won't put words in HLT's mouth, but, unfortunately, most of the fun (in my experience) has has to do with the Linden debate. (You probably have no interest in it, but HLT's conversion to Linden's side was one of the more 'fun' things of 2011 :lol:)

But there has been plenty of enjoyable discussion of the Last Chrons otherwise. (Unfortunately, with fewer people involved than with the 1st and 2nd Chrons :( ) Personally, I can't get interested enough to get involved in dissections of the books or in depth discussions, but others are always ready and willing to get stuck in (without the Linden/THOOLAH debate intruding or disrupting).

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

ussusimiel wrote:
variol son wrote:Fun in that it had nothing to do with hating or not hating Linden Avery?

Hi variol son!

I won't put words in HLT's mouth, but, unfortunately, most of the fun (in my experience) has has to do with the Linden debate. (You probably have no interest in it, but HLT's conversion to Linden's side was one of the more 'fun' things of 2011 :lol:)

But there has been plenty of enjoyable discussion of the Last Chrons otherwise. (Unfortunately, with fewer people involved than with the 1st and 2nd Chrons :( ) Personally, I can't get interested enough to get involved in dissections of the books or in depth discussions, but others are always ready and willing to get stuck in (without the Linden/THOOLAH debate intruding or disrupting).

u.
Good post. VS, from one long-term KW member to another, I'm chagrined to see that the THOOLAH/LA debate has kept you from visiting more often. Trust me when I say that none of us take it that seriously. If we weren't bitchin' about Linden, we'd just find something else to bitch about.

Post by Avatar »

And there are bits of the Watch where never a mention is made of Linden's name, y'know... ;)

--A
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

I think it's cute that you still hope I might one day visit the Tank. :D

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Avatar wrote:And there are bits of the Watch where never a mention is made of Linden's name, y'know... ;)

--A
O h r e a l l y?
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

HA! Fantastic Murrin! :D

rbyrd2531
Servant of the Land

I am....

Post by rbyrd2531 »

Looking forward to being added to the Last Dark forum.....I have several questions about the last series I have to discuss! :)
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Re: I am....

Post by ussusimiel »

rbyrd2531 wrote:Looking forward to being added to the Last Dark forum.....I have several questions about the last series I have to discuss! :)
Wecome (back) rbyrd2531!

Have you requested to join the Last dark group? If you haven't follow this link and join up. If you aren't added in a couple of days PM Avatar and he'll set you up.

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

variol son wrote:I think it's cute that you still hope I might one day visit the Tank. :D
You don't know what you are missing, though.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”