Please help out iQuestor by voting for my App

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Please help out iQuestor by voting for my App

Post by iQuestor »

Hi KW Friends. I lurk a lot here but haven't posted much in a while. I was hoping some of you might help me out by voting for my App iQagent in an upcoming award. Basically iQagent is a app for the plant floor which recognizes equipment and shows relevant schematics, live data and resources. It also has some cool "practical" augmented reality features.

If you feel inclined to vote for it, please follow this link and follow the simple directions.

I would appreciate any who vote for it, and thanks!!

- iQ

PS: I haven't forgotten and part 3 of "Set Aside"... :)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

That's a pretty cool app. Well done.

(I have to assume that this leverages a lot of existing technology, but value adds by providing a useful presentation. Although it seems that tying QR codes to equipment is your addition to the plant environment. Which is smart.)

(I've been noodling with android development recently. I haven't done anything more sophisticated than a tally counter. But that's enough to respect what you've done.)
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

Hello iQ,

Sorry I was unable to vote. As it happened, I was blocked because apparently my Silverlight was out of date. When I tried to download the updated version it seems it drained the last of my broadband credit. I popped out to the all night garage for a top-up voucher but when I tried again to vote I needed a Linkdin, FB, etc account. Too much fuss for now.

I should be using Linkdin, being unemployed at the moment, but not just yet.

Best of luck, Kiddo!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Voted. :D You can repay us by posting more. :D We're on drive y'know. :D

--A
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

AV

Awesome thanks!

Yes we tie in QR Codes as a means to identifying equipment, which then allows us to associate live data from the automation system and documents (schematics) movies and other resources. Saves a LOT of time because tech don't have to turn their back on equipment to go get something they need. I have a couple issued US patents on the technology. Which is why I haven't been around for the past couple years.

Good luck with android - I think mobile dev is the way to go...
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

Vizidor wrote:Hello iQ,

Sorry I was unable to vote. As it happened, I was blocked because apparently my Silverlight was out of date. When I tried to download the updated version it seems it drained the last of my broadband credit. I popped out to the all night garage for a top-up voucher but when I tried again to vote I needed a Linkdin, FB, etc account. Too much fuss for now.

I should be using Linkdin, being unemployed at the moment, but not just yet.

Best of luck, Kiddo!

hey thanks for the effort!!!

Post by Avatar »

iQuestor wrote:Which is why I haven't been around for the past couple years.
Don't come with your excuses. :D Just post.

--A
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

A mile from where I work there is a huge college where large numbers of school leaving kins are taken in to furnish them with qualifications in i) subjects that need no qualification to be able to do [eg retail - an activity that you needs must learn 'on the job' {nb I mean 'shop assistant' work here}], ii) subjects that are of no use and in which they will never, repeat never, be employed [eg kids being taught 'forensic science' in their hundreds, becaose they like TV programs with forensic science teams solving murders, when there are about 6 jobs a year in this area in the whole country], subjects that are really just 'play' subjects, eg pop-music, film studies, 'games' {ie 2 nyears playing football every day}, again which they will never find employment in and lastly subjects that they are soooo underqualified to do that they couldn't pass the courses as long as they had a hole in their ****!

All this, i) serves to keep reams of kids off the street that would otherwise be 'out-there' up to mischief, ii) allow us to crow to the rest of the EU that "80% of British kids go on to further education", iii) provides nice incomes for lots of poorly educated 'lecturers', many of whom are drawn [the tiny % of lucky ones I add] from the army of 'graduates' that are churned, bewildered and inexperienced, into our job-markets in their early twenties, having had two or three of their most valuable years wasted pursuing these ridiculous courses with no realisable goal at the end of them. Many of them finish up in our shop. They are bitter at not being able to realise the 'dream' that they were going to be pop-stars, football coaches or journalists. It was never going to happen and now they are pissed about it and we bear the brunt.

Tom, however is somewhat of a special case. He is french raised, and from a clearly wealthy background. Like many/most kids in the college he was taken into his architecture degree course on the flimsyest of 'A' level passes [one grade E I believe] as 'cannon-fodder' to keep up the course numbers so that i) it would not be closed down and ii) it's lecturers would not find themselves out of a job [hence - they'd take anyone with a 'brain' to make up the required numbers and Ton was one of these 'also-rans'].
He enrolled onto the 3 Year Architecture course [2 foundation years plus a third for the full degree], failed year 1 and had to re-take it in his second year at the college. In his third year of attendance he [having passed the first year exams at the end of his second year of attendance] he began the second year studies - and failed them at the end of the year. At the beginning of his fourth year he again enrolled for the second year studies - and failed them again. Now at the end of his fith year [but still only studying his second year of a three year course] he is again preparing for his exams.

He works in the shop and is a lovely guy. In preparation for his first exam tomorrow [and as Saturday is a quiet night], I sent him out for his exam notes and spent a few hours grilling him on archeological feild tecniques. His lecturer had given him 100 questions and told him if he could learn the answers to these he would pass [I could answer 85% of them with no training eg What ia an 'anaerobe', what is the most common element in the human body etc, etc]. Clearly they are as desparate to get rid of him as an embarressing window on their scurulous admissions policy as his wealthy parents are to keep him out of their hair, by paying for as long as they can for him to be 'somewhere else'. Meanwhile Tom, who has great potential - just not in the area's he has fetched up in - is beating himself to death chasing a dream he will never achieve, in an area in which he is ill-suited, and for no other reason than to keep a place afloat that, becauss it was boilt, has to be used, and damn the cost to the kids.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Post by Avatar »

So it's an archaeology degree, not an architectural one? :lol:

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”