Is there an outreach center to communicate with SRD?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Mega Fauna Blitzkrieg
<i>Elohim</i>

Is there an outreach center to communicate with SRD?

Post by Mega Fauna Blitzkrieg »

Before that, I've had the fourth book since it came out, and haven't...read it yet, for a variety of reasons so...does Esmer happen to come back/be referenced in the fourth book, in a way that would give closure to his issues regarding his um, duality of nature?

I am assuming he doesn't, if he does I'll just go read it. But if not, is there like an email address I could try, or anything like that, where a message might actually be seen by the author, not just an intern from the publisher?

I've been reading these books since I stumbled across them in my school library as a teen, and they've had a big impact on my life. His characters and insights are so wonderful, and suddenly -I'm- in the books! I spent 3 books waiting for some solution for Esmer,
Spoiler
and then the only succor they offer him was, well...
Anyways, I'd love to know if he had some thoughts or plans for Esmer, that weren't put into the books, for whatever reason.

I know he has a website, but it looks sort of abandoned.
I know what an analogy is! It's like a thought...with another thought's hat on...?

The thing most people don't remember in regards to the Haruchai, is that you NEVER EVER play poker with them!
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

esmer? where is he as of late.

I know nothing that can help you, ask danlo.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Sorry, MFB. It seems very much like SRD has retreated from whatever stardom he has had, to become a private person, which by all accounts he greatly prefers.

If you are really compelled, your best bet might be to communicate with his publicity agent in New Mexico; they might be able and willing to pass on a private communication. [link]

We have all felt the loss of Mr. Donaldson's willingness to explain things in the GI, especially right when we desire it most - after reading the fourth book. We are left to answer things as best as we can ourselves. It seems like having to grow up, to me, in a Peter Pan kind of way.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

How could he do this to us... :D

Also, Romeo might drop by and see the thread...Romeo...Romeo... :lol:

--A
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Re: Is there an outreach center to communicate with SRD?

Post by kevinswatch »

Mega Fauna Blitzkrieg wrote:Before that, I've had the fourth book since it came out, and haven't...read it yet, for a variety of reasons so...does Esmer happen to come back/be referenced in the fourth book, in a way that would give closure to his issues regarding his um, duality of nature?

I am assuming he doesn't, if he does I'll just go read it.
Don't count on much on the topic of Esmer.

You should still read The Last Dark, just for closure-sake.

And unfortunately, I don't think you'll have much luck getting a hold of SRD. Av and Way said it best. I believe Romeo is the only one who has contact with him, but you probably won't have much luck with him on questions of this nature.

But that's why we have the Watch, so we can do our own analyses of the books. ;)

-jay

Post by Avatar »

I dunno, I probably need to re-read, but Esmer did get some sort of resolution.

--A
Mega Fauna Blitzkrieg
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Mega Fauna Blitzkrieg »

I'll re-check this topic and see about some of the suggestions therein when it isn't 6 am, and I haven't been up all night...

But I just have to ask, who is Romeo? Is it SRD? SRD's wife? His personal assistant? A neighbor of his who likes his books and happens to post here, and can walk down the block to talk to him if desired?

Or is he just like, a long time member here/other places with whom SRD has some rapport, in so far as he at least recognizes the name and may actually respond to emails from Romeo?
I know what an analogy is! It's like a thought...with another thought's hat on...?

The thing most people don't remember in regards to the Haruchai, is that you NEVER EVER play poker with them!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Romeo, oh Romeo; whofore ist thou, Romeo?

Romeo is the guy who set up Donaldson's web site and ran it for a long time, he was one of SRD's personal readers for the Chronicles, and he assisted SRD in many other ways. He occassionally appears on the Watch.

Post by Avatar »

Haven't seen him since the announcement of the new novella's though. :(

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”