Pantheon 1.0 - Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

Loremaster wrote:Thyddian: I will help you if you allow me free reign to send my agents to search your lands.
is that a euphemism? ;)
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

I didn't even know sheep ate bananas.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Elfgirl wrote:
Loremaster wrote:Thyddian: I will help you if you allow me free reign to send my agents to search your lands.
You talkin' to me, Thyddi dear? And what would you 'search' for? ;)
Thddian: Indeed. However, I am simply exploring - me being a new god, and all.

(((LOL Tazz)))
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Keep it in the Pantheon thread guys. :)

--A
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

The Pantheon Police have eyes everywhere. :lol:
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Allright, I think I'll update everything in the next few hours... sorry for the delay, I started working in the new lab a few days ago, and the schedule is still very much in flux, what with all the bureaucracy and new seminars ;) Hold on, though, I'll get to it by today ;)
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Guys, I have a question... The new schedule in my lab is extremely in flux at the moment, and with all the scientific background I have to read, and all the practice experiments I have to set up, it probably will be for the next three to four weeks. I don't like missing on the deadlines of the game, but I don't know whether I would be able to keep them all twice per week. So, if that's ok for you, I'd switch to one turn per week for the next few weeks, until my lab situation normalizes.

Given that not everyone has sent me his actions for the last turn, I'd extend the deadline for this turn to sunday, and thereafter set all subsequent deadlines on sundays until further notice. Would that be ok with you?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I don't mind the one a week idea, go ahead. Though I had been quite eager to see if my actions this turn go as planned, if it's better for you to make it sunday, I don't mind that either.
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

i say you quit your job and run our pantheon full-time. :twisted:

ofcourse, your real life comes first mate.

:)
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

By Hell!! Only one turn per week?!???!? No freakin' way!! I won't stand for th...

Oh. Wait a second.

Sure, that's ok with me.

:biggrin:
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

Once a week is fine, but I would ask if our turn summaries could be a bit longer if that's the case. If not, that's understandable. Perhaps we could all RP a bit more together to fill in the gaps?
"The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators."
-E. Gibbon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

A quick question for the G-ds and G-ddess of the Pantheon.

For those of us enjoying the game through voyeurism (sp?), have y'all created profiles for your diety personnas? I think I, for one, would very much enjoy reading them...
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

A query: Are all acts sent to you in private kept entirely secret from others, even when it says in the message that some part of the act is plainly visible to people the world over?
Just wonderin'...
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

Menolly wrote:A quick question for the G-ds and G-ddess of the Pantheon.

For those of us enjoying the game through voyeurism (sp?), have y'all created profiles for your diety personnas? I think I, for one, would very much enjoy reading them...
heheh...I'd like to see that too! I might start a Divine Census...! :twisted:
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I can live with one turn a week if you need to Xar. :D Afterall...what choice do we have? ;) :lol:

--A
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Murrin wrote:A query: Are all acts sent to you in private kept entirely secret from others, even when it says in the message that some part of the act is plainly visible to people the world over?
Just wonderin'...
Whatever you send me is generally kept private, except in the following cases:

1) Your action results in consequences which are clearly unnatural and visible through the world;

2) Another deity is spying on you and learns of your actions;

3) Your actions infringe on another deity's sphere of influence, who therefore learns of what you're doing.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Solus wrote:Once a week is fine, but I would ask if our turn summaries could be a bit longer if that's the case. If not, that's understandable. Perhaps we could all RP a bit more together to fill in the gaps?
A small clarification... the same reason why I decided to slow down to one turn per week - the new lab schedule which must still be finalized, experiments starting and so on - is also the reason why it is impossible for me to elongate turn summaries. Keep in mind that while you only receive one, I write one for each different deity, and even so, it takes me about one hour to finish each turn. One hour is fine, but if I elongated all turn summaries, or even worse, if I added roleplaying to them, it would take me at least three hours to do everything, and that I cannot do, I'm afraid. However, I encourage you all to RP in the Pantheon thread (and in your PMs); it should certainly be more doable for you, controlling a single deity, than for me, and it would certainly increase the fun!

Also: this thread is reserved for comments. If you have criticisms, complaints, praises, or whatever: please drop them here, so the other players can read them and agree or disagree by their own, both with your post and my reply. It's the only way I have to find out whether a player's complaint is a personal problem, or a more widespread situation.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Allright! We're at the 15th turn, and here are a couple of things:

1) Given the hassles of real life, which can sometimes prevent someone from sending his or her moves before the end of the turn, from now on as a rule, if a player does not send me moves for a certain turn, he gets no random events for the next turn. He still gains or loses worshipers as normal, and other players can still affect him and his followers, but he won't get additional events. This should allow players to catch up more easily.

2) Please, please, please try to send all your moves together in a single PM, without additional PMs with corrections later on. Remember you don't need to send the moves immediately: you can ponder, discuss the situation with the other deities, and send your moves on the saturday before the end of the turn, if you want. But if I get four or five PMs from the same player, with different moves and corrections, it gets really confusing for me.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Allright guys... just a heads up. It's 3 am on sunday, and only five out of thirteen have sent me their moves for the turn; I do hope the rest of you will answer during sunday, but just in case... I can easily enough assign the events for the turn to those who did send me their moves, and consider all the other ones as if they kept pursuing the same course of action as last turn, but I would like to know whether you want to play or not. If you have real life business which you know will make it difficult for you to play for one, two, three, or more turns, please let me know, so I can put you on hold; this other way around, with a couple of exceptions I can understand, the feeling I get is that most of you're not that interested anymore, and if it is so, I'd like to be told.

Thanks.
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

I'm interested. we still have another 20 hours or so don't we?

i have some more questions but i'm going to see what the next turn brings and then i'll ask.

:D

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Will you have a chance to update the map soon?
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “Pantheon”