Pantheon 1.0 - Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Xar
Lord

Pantheon 1.0 - Comments Thread

Post by Xar »

Players of the Pantheon game: feel free to post your comments, criticisms, praises, suggestions and ideas in here!

New players: before creating your deity, please read the rules in the Pantheon thread.

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9282

When the time comes for you to choose the area(s) of influence (minimum 1, maximum 2), you should choose from this list. If an area you are interested in isn't listed, please pm me and we'll see what we can do ;) Keep in mind you cannot choose the same area as one of the existing gods!
abundance
agriculture
animals
art
arts and crafts
birth
cold
commerce
conquest
courage
darkness
dreams
exploration
fate
fire
forests
good
hate
hunting
law
life
madness
moon
murder
music
night
protection
secrets
sky
stone
sun
water
wealth
weather
wind
winter
Last edited by Xar on Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:52 am, edited 9 times in total.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Good idea Xar. I think this is also the place for questions about the game, so as not to interfere with the continuity of the othe thread.

--A
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Exactly. As a matter of fact, unless your questions regard private events in your province, please post them here rather than sending me PMs, so that other players can also benefit from the informations.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Very interesting game, Xar, though I'm feeling I might have rushed in a little, heh. I'm left feeling unsure what I wanted to do with my god - though I'm managing. Not sure about the move I made today - might be getting ahead of myself.

If one's god loses, I can one reenter the game with a new deity?
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Keep in mind that the consequences of your actions are not calculated until the end of the turn; so, if you change your mind before the turn is over, you can always "rewind" and try again.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Oh, no, I decided going back on anything would be too easy.
Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

I'd like to say to all my fellow gods:

Good luck (except Solus, who can provide his own), I hope our time together will be as pleasant and rewarding as Argothoth can make it. As I'm sure you all already know (Avatar will have made sure of that), I'm hoping everyone can conduct themselves honourably.

I'd like to think that Maeror's services won't be needed too much, but with people like Movahl and Nephirthos around, I don't believe it to be likely.

I'm sure I'll love getting to know you all (Bhakti will see to that), I wonder if these godly duties will steal all my time, or if ordine naturale will be responsible for that.
Conduct yourself always with honour.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I didn't notice Murrin's question earlier, so I'll answer it now:
Murrin wrote:If one's god loses, I can one reenter the game with a new deity?
Yes, this is possible, so don't worry about that. Old deities die all the time, and new deities replace them: of course, in your case, "old" at the moment means "three months old", but then again, as Argothoth knows, time is relative ;)
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Xar wrote:If your worshipers start believing you rule over something else, in addition or in exchange for what you rule now, and you do not succeed in stamping the thing out, you will find that your areas of influence change to match your worshipers' expectations of you.
What's this all about? Wouldn't we just lose them as worshippers? If one of mine decided I ruled over honor, wouldn't that just mean I lose a worshipper and Amplarx picks one up?
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Normally yes. But, if your worshipers decide you rule over, say, agriculture (which has no god at the moment), and you don't squash this idea, you'll find yourself the God of Agricolture and Love in a few months. Just like the number of worshipers - the power of their belief - affects your Divine Rank, so does the NATURE of their belief change your very nature.

Be careful! If some deranged worshiper decides you're the deity of Love and Murder, and he spreads the word, and you don't squash it out, you'll be stuck with that, too, and you'll have to conform to that expectation!

Post by Avatar »

It appears that most of the action is taking place behind the scenes at the moment. What type of things are meant to go in the Game thread?

--A
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Well, your responses to commonly known events (the events listed in the game thread, second post, just below the statistics of the deities) as well as events you decide to set into motion and which would be known to everyone. It is also possible to communicate directly with the other deities - to use the thread as some sort of "round table" where the deities can gather to discuss current events and try to solve them. As a coalescing pantheon, you would eventually find yourselves working together anyway, and there may be situations that require common action. Also, you might decide to discuss regulations you would like to place upon the whole pantheon - i.e. you might all decide that none of you can physically appear in the world. These deliberations are up to you; they will affect the game, but they need to start from one of you. And, of course, you can use the game thread to post little pieces of roleplaying related to your events, similar to the revelations most of you did, which other deities would know about or which you wish the other deities to learn about.

Post by Avatar »

Thanks Xar.

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Xar, you posted in theother thread:
Xar wrote:The second turn is over. Deadline for the third turn is Sunday, 12 pm GMT.
Was PM correct? Midday?
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Actually, that was supposed to be midnight GMT... evil typos! :evil:
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

helllooo?

I'm just making my presence known...as soon as I can work out the logistics of 'playing' i'll be in the thick of it!

Elauradaneth, Goddess of Beauty, Healing and Majick.

(ps, where do I post my 'dogma'?) 8O
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Elfgirl wrote:helllooo?

I'm just making my presence known...as soon as I can work out the logistics of 'playing' i'll be in the thick of it!

Elauradaneth, Goddess of Beauty, Healing and Majick.

(ps, where do I post my 'dogma'?) 8O
Hello and welcome! You can post your dogma here, and your deity will then be added to the main thread. Feel free to read the rules and first moves of the other players in the Pantheon thread, to see more or less how it works; and if you have any questions, this thread exists for just that reason :D

Post by Avatar »

Post it here, and Xar will edit it into the first post of the Pantheon thread.

If you've got a dogma, might as well reveal yourself in that thread, so you can get on with the game. Xar will PM you important info concerning events that impact you every turn, then you can address them in PM's, or if you want them to be public, in the game thread.

Good to have you aboard Elauradaneth. :D

--A
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

Okay...(please tell me if this is supposed to be terribly serious, because I find that impossible! haha!)

meanwhile, here is my formal introduction...

Elauradaneth, Goddess of Beauty, Healing and Majick
Divine Rank: 8O
Total Worshipers: 8O
Dogma: Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder, and those beholden to their Goddess shall have unlimited beer. Find healing at the bottom of a pint glass and let the Majick within give you the power to be everything you’ve imagined.
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

A small village in the northern part of the world grows in malice and power, until in the next months it attracts mercenaries and creatures of darkness, which then start marching against nearby villages. From the fearful whispers of the horrified survivors, only one thing can be understood: Nephirthos, god of malice and chaos, has risen.

Return to “Pantheon”