Pictures of Revelstone

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Giant-troth Revelstone, ancient ward-
Heart and door of Earthfriend's main:
Preserve the true with Power's sword,
Thou ages-Keeper, mountain-reign.

Ahhhh...sweet music :D

And...welcome back Landwaster!! HUGGLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS |G |G
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

The Somberlain wrote:And since I don't know what a bif whale is.... I'll take it as a compliment. If you were even referring to mine.
Meant to be big whale, not bif whale ... cause it kind of looks like a great whale rising out of the water. Mind you, also looks a bit like the prow of a ship, and, well, I reckon its getting VERY close the reality. Thanks for the explanation about the front formation being solely the watchtower. Revelstone is HUGE! :)

Looks great!
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Yep, I just revisited the image, considering its the watchtower, and behind is the city proper, yep, great likeness!
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

For a moment, Covenant could not respond. But then a memory came back to him - a recollection of the formal salutation that the people of Revelstone had formerly given to the Giants. Hail and welcome, inheritor of Land's loyalty. Welcome whole or hurt, in boon or bane - ask or give. To any requiring name we will not fail. In a husky voice, he breathed:

"Giant-troth Revelstone, ancient ward-
Heart and door of Earthfriend's main:
Preserve the true with Power's sword,
Thou ages-Keeper, mountain-reign."

At that, the First turned toward him; and for an instant her face was concentrated with weeping as if he had touched her deep Giantish love of stone. Almost immediately she recovered her sternness - but not before he had seen how absolutely she was ready now to serve him. Gruffly, she said, "Thomas Covenant, I have titled you Giantfriend, but it is not enough. You are the Earthfriend. No other name suffices."
Aah Fist, one of my all-time favourite passages.

Is it just me? Or are The Somberlain's pics not showing? I've been fiddling with my old TrueSpace to see what I could come up with...maybe I'll upload them at some point...but I'm mainly waiting to get the newest version before I take a real stab at it. (This is not my forte though, so don't expect much ok? ;) )

I just had a rough moment reading Fists quote though, where it says closed courtyard...but after a moments uncertainty, I'm assuming it's closed as in surrounded, rather than roofed over. Right?

--A
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

My pictures appear to have gone, yeah. I can't remember where I hosted them, or what. However, now that I have broadband, I'll be able to download some software to continue detailing the place. So you can expect more to come.

Also, it's got to just be surrounded (the courtyard). There's a great big Gilden tree growing in the middle.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Excellent point. :D

And I look forward to more.

--A
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

BTW, It appears that someone painted a picture of Revelstone as part of the pitch for the Covenant Movie. And SRD, unusually enough, seemed to admire it! It's all in the Gradual Interview for October 5.
In the Gradual Interview was wrote:in all these years I've only seen one painting that made me feel the way the Land feels in my imagination (it was a rendition of Revelstone for the still-entirely-hypothetical film of "Lord Foul's Bane"), and I don't even know who painted it.
(10/05/2005)
I want to see that soooo bad...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

So do I, WF!
Cable Seadreamer
Servant of the Land

Post by Cable Seadreamer »

One thing people may be forgetting when speaking of the size is that Revelstone was created by Giants. A thousand-foot tower to us would be a five-hundred foot tower to them.
"Farewell, beloved."
His response came softly, receding along the wind. "There's no need for that. I'm part of you now. You'll always remember."
"I'll be with you as long as you live."
sea_dreamer01
Servant of the Land

Post by sea_dreamer01 »

Hey, im kinda new. Just reading the latest book....wow so far.

well i always thort of revelstone as like a modded version of the lord of the rings gondor. The way that gondor was built into the big rock is kind of what i expect in revelstone. I would think that giants would respect the nature of the rock and so try and keep revelstone as natural as possible. Kind of like an intrication of man/giant and earth.

i would love to b able to create a version like you guys, but i dont think i have the patience. If only...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome to Kevins Watch!
sea_dreamer01
Servant of the Land

Post by sea_dreamer01 »

hehehe thanks, wow a whole 3 posts!! oyeah!!
Cmdr_Floyd
Stonedownor

Post by Cmdr_Floyd »

As Landwaster commented I also see Revelstone as like the prow of a ship viewed head on with the tower being at point....after all the Giants were a seafaring people......
"I see a bad moon arisin' " - John Fogarty

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”