Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Say Hello in HERE :)

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Cytaen
Servant of the Land

I'm so happy to have found this site!

Post by Cytaen »

Lo, these many years I thought that my brother and I were the only souls who felt so strongly about Covenant. Imagine my surprise at running across you fine folks! This is terrific-thoughtful discussions about the finest, most ambitious fantasy series ever written. There are other stories that one might argue for, but none bear the complexity and texture of the gifts SRD has given us.

My thanks to the people who give their time to maintain this community. In my opinion, it's well worth the effort.
Be assured, Greed and Laziness will bring about our demise.
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

welcome, spectre700, Lazarus & safetyjedi!

and also welcome to Menolly & Cytaen!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome Cytaen. Hope you'll be participating at length. There's plenty to think about here, and many odd corners with fascinating discussions.

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Welcome, Cytaen! Love your name! A reference to C.J.Cherryh?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome to the Watch!
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

:welcome: Cytaen!
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Cytaen
Servant of the Land

We have a winner!

Post by Cytaen »

Yes, Loremaster. I was very taken with the Cyteen books from about 14(?) years ago..I had guessed that someone here would see the similarity. I first "met" CJ Cherryh long ago in Thieve's World, and have read whatever books I've had the good fortune to run across. I was unaware until days ago that SRD was such a big fan (as stated in the interviews on the official site). I most recently acquired 'The Goblin Mirror', but have yet to find time to read it.

Did you care for the Cyteen stories?
Be assured, Greed and Laziness will bring about our demise.
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Welcome Cytaen! :D
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

spectre700 wrote:
variol son wrote:Just out of interest, what part of the Philippines are you from. It's the only country I have ever visited, other than my own NZ of course.
Well, I grew up in Metro Manila and still work there though I now live in Laguna. I did a search here yesterday using the "Philippines" as keyword to see if there are others here from my country ... I did see your post about eating some weird food in Baguio. :-) So, how did you find your visit to the Philippines?
I loved the Philippines! It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life to date. :D

Where in the Philippines do you live?

Oh, and Hi Cytaen. Welcome to Kevins Watch! :D
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Re: We have a winner!

Post by Loredoctor »

Cytaen wrote:Yes, Loremaster. I was very taken with the Cyteen books from about 14(?) years ago..I had guessed that someone here would see the similarity. I first "met" CJ Cherryh long ago in Thieve's World, and have read whatever books I've had the good fortune to run across. I was unaware until days ago that SRD was such a big fan (as stated in the interviews on the official site). I most recently acquired 'The Goblin Mirror', but have yet to find time to read it.

Did you care for the Cyteen stories?
The only copy of Cyteen I can find is an unwieldy volume too large for sitting back and reading. I dearly want to order a smaller size volume.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
BBR
Servant of the Land

Post by BBR »

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am a 27 year old PhD student from the UK. Donaldson has been my favorite author since I read TCTC when I was 14 but my favorite books of his are definitely the Gap series. Glad to have found a place to discuss his work, as most of my mates dont really read that much (or read crap).

Look forward to conversing with you all,

Dan
Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

Welcome, Dan!
Check out my digital art at www.brian.co.za
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Welcome!
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome BBR!
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Welcome.
Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

Be welcome, BBR! Lots of good book discussion around here ;) Enjoy!!
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to The Watch. :)

Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Welcome, BBR! :D
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.

on being a newjack

Post by Guest »

hey,
FAN--TAS--TIC
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

LOL - Hey, welcome to KevinsWatch! Great story. I had a similar experience when I first saw The Wounded Land on the shelf. I had no idea then that SRD was writing 2nd Chronicles. Be welcome here, feel free to look around, check out the Dissecting the Land and other forums. Beware of Runes spoilers until you've read the book through!

Return to “The Summonsing”