By God, Friedrich Nietzsche was right!

Those who do not learn history are doomed to use this quote over and over again.

Moderators: danlo, Damelon

Lord Mhoram
Lord

By God, Friedrich Nietzsche was right!

Post by Lord Mhoram »

God really is dead!

Or so James Cameron says:

Digging for controversy, the Titanic filmmaker James Cameron and Simcha Jacobovici are about to stun Christians the world over with a docu-drama that claims archaeologists have located the casket of Jesus.

The inscribed box, with some human remains still inside, apparently was crammed into an old cave near Talpiyot, an industrial zone in Jerusalem, alongside nine other two thousand year-old sarcophagi allegedly containing the bodies of Mother Mary, the carpenter Joseph, a little-known brother called Jofah, Mary Magdalene, and, most surprisingly of all, Jesus's son Judah, who technically could be considered the grandson of God.

Link 2

Let's go back 27 years, when Israeli construction workers were gouging out the foundations for a new building in the industrial park in the Talpiyot, a Jerusalem suburb. of Jerusalem. The earth gave way, revealing a 2,000 year old cave with 10 stone caskets. Archologists were summoned, and the stone caskets carted away for examination. It took 20 years for experts to decipher the names on the ten tombs. They were: Jesua, son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Mathew, Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua.
Israel's prominent archeologist Professor Amos Kloner didn't associate the crypt with the New Testament Jesus. His father, after all, was a humble carpenter who couldn't afford a luxury crypt for his family. And all were common Jewish names.

There was also this little inconvenience that a few miles away, in the old city of Jerusalem, Christians for centuries had been worshipping the empty tomb of Christ at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Christ's resurrection, after all, is the main foundation of the faith, proof that a boy born to a carpenter's wife in a manger is the Son of God.

But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.

Ever the showman, (Why does this remind me of the impresario in another movie,"King Kong", whose hubris blinds him to the dangers of an angry and very large ape?) Cameron is holding a New York press conference on Monday at which he will reveal three coffins, supposedly those of Jesus of Nazareth, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene. News about the film, which will be shown soon on Discovery Channel, Britain's Channel 4, Canada's Vision, and Israel's Channel 8, has been a hot blog topic in the Middle East (check out a personal favorite: Israelity Bites) Here in the Holy Land, Biblical Archeology is a dangerous profession. This 90-minute documentary is bound to outrage Christians and stir up a titanic debate between believers and skeptics. Stay tuned.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

But how can they prove, using DNA, it is Christ? I know they can find out if the corpse was a Hebrew, but other than that DNA wont prove a thing.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

If the other evidence says "yes, this is Jesus", the DNA will say "yes, this is really his son".
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I see, you are suggesting a combination of factors will support that this is indeed Christ: documentation at site plus dna evidence he is the son of Mary.

But what will stun the world will be if they find out that Jesus is the product of a union between Mary and Joseph. The Jewish people will be in their glory, and many Christians will claim it's a hoax. Or there will be a cover up.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I doubt the evidence will be clear enough as to leave no doubt in any case. Could still just be some other family.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:I doubt the evidence will be clear enough as to leave no doubt in any case. Could still just be some other family.
I'm inclined to agree with you.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

There can be no doubt, that depending on how this film was made there could be some stakes erected.

Any idea when it's airing? I haven't seen any comericals on the Discovery channel, and can;t find anything past "on monday."
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Now we know why the Catholic Church is so dead set against cloning!
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

You should watch the sequel to the Crimson Rivers (French movie). They are cloning Christ.
Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

What I'd like to know is....

Where are these people going to get a swab to use as the control for the DNA test???

:D
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Hah Cheval! I thought about the same thing. You could use The Holy Grail for a female reference (as per the Da-Vinci code).
Loremaster wrote:documentation at site plus dna evidence he is the son of Mary.
As a profesional, I'd be much more interested in the other half of the DNA profile:
1: Behold half of the genome of Jehova!
2: If there IS another half! perhaps Jesus was haploid?
3: Or a result of a complete chromosome doubling of one of Mary's ova? No, wait, where would he get the Y-chromosome then?
4: Perhaps the Holy Spirit is really a very bulky virus in the shape of THE Y-chromosome?
Last edited by Prebe on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Prebe wrote:1: Behold half of the genome of Jehova!
:lol: God's DNA? :lol:
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

CJ wrote: God's DNA?
Yup! It should prove highly interesting. I guess it must be the perfect genome with no nonsense sequences, no mutations, a perfect repair system etc. Of course it will be watered down with Mary's less than perfect DNA, but I'm sure we can sort out the paternal sequences.

And we'll be able to settle once and for all if God is a redhead ;). We've just developed a kit for that at work.
-Hashi Lebwohl
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

:lol: God might be ginger?! :lol: So what next? Go the Star Wars route and create an army of cloned Gods? Each major world power has its own Divine Deterrent programme?
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

:haha: CJ

Or the hit-movie:
"Jurasic Ark"
-Hashi Lebwohl
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Prebe wrote::haha: CJ

Or the hit-movie:
"Jurasic Ark"
:haha: :haha: Best. Pun. Ever.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Filmmaker Jacobovici now says the tomb belonged to Jesus of Nazareth. He adds that DNA testing suggests that the individuals from the "Jesus" and "Mariamne" ossuaries might have been a couple and that Judah may have been their son.
Very interesting. I wonder what method they are using :lol:
-Hashi Lebwohl
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, if the son carries genetic material from both, it's not unreasonable to assume they were a couple.

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

It's in a link in the Tank thread: they proved that Jesua and Mariamene were not matrilineally related. That they were a couple is just conjecture.

Return to “Doriendor Corishev”