Sightings of the tragic, bizarre, or amusing

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Sightings of the tragic, bizarre, or amusing

Post by deer of the dawn »

What'd'ja see today? Anything interesting or unusual, tragic, bizarre, shocking or just plain funny?

I saw two car accidents this morning. In both cases, the cars had flipped. One was belly up in a hole by the road. An hour later I saw a white Mercedes. laying on its side, belly toward oncoming traffic. In both cases it was like, I wonder if they survived, and how the heck did they manage THAT?? 8O
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
balon!
Lord

Re: Sightings of the tragic, bizarre, or amusing

Post by balon! »

deer of the dawn wrote:In both cases it was like, I wonder if they survived, and how the heck did they manage THAT?? 8O
I've never seen a car flip over before, but I always wonder the same thing. Yesterday I saw a car start spewing sparks and thick smoke from the under side. They climbed out and someone called the fire dept. It was crazy.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I didnt see it today but I saw it a month ago..........

I was driving on an overhead ramp to the George Washington Bridge. Anyone that knows these ramps there is ramp over ramp over ramp. They weave in and around each other getting higher and higher. I was sitting in traffic climbing these ramp onto the bridge. I happended to look to my right and just below my right should I saw two hands......nothing else but two hands hanging from one of the ramp guards.

I slammed on the brakes, put the car in park and jumped out of the car to look.........the hands were gone.

a jumper.......... :cry:
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Saw a cloud that looked like a dinosaur. The ones with the long necks. :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Yesterday at work a dog ran into the library. He gave me one looked, wagged his tail like he was going to walk over to me, and then ZOOM! Off he went. Luckily he ran straight towards his owner, who picked him up and brought him back outside. Nice breakup for the day. :D
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Last month or so I heard a shrieking that sounded like a wailing baby high up in the trees, just as I looked up I saw a hawk flying by with a blue jay in it's talons.
By the time the hawk was back into the trees the shrieking stopped.
It was all very cool.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Last month I was waiting at some traffic lights in my car, and a young woman came around the corner and ran - staggered - down the hill, straight into another vehicle waiting at the lights.

Then she got up and started running in the other direction, and then just fell down on her face, and didn't get up - she was still moving, trying to run. It was freaky - she was paranoid and out of it. Don't know what happened to her after the ambulance took her.
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

One thing I never get used to here, that I see almost daily, is men urinating in public. Eww.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

On Saturday I saw two geese getting it on in the zoo's pond. I then went to the "Australian Bird" exhibit that's been advertised lately. I got in free because I was with my friend at her mom's company picnic. Apparently parakeets and cockatiels are Australian birds. I'm glad I didn't have to pay to see at the zoo what I could see at the pet store for free (or in my living room, for that matter).
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

deer of the dawn wrote:One thing I never get used to here, that I see almost daily, is men urinating in public. Eww.
Here? Is that not normal, everywhere? (Except maybe Singapore)

It's a way for us men to show that we can have more dignity that women. I mean, how silly does the flatfoot squat look????

;)
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

It's apparently illegal in the US if I recall an old thread correctly. In Africa of course, it's nothing remarkable. People will pull over on the side of highways to take a leak if the urge strikes them. :lol:

--A
Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

I've seen (several times) double rainbows and once seen both ends of a rainbow.
Tried to take pictures of these, but never seem to get the image on film.
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Avatar wrote:It's apparently illegal in the US if I recall an old thread correctly. :lol:

--A
it may be illegal but on the New Jersey Turnpike it is common practice. The quietest place you will find along the pike is the men's bathroom (not that I would know :oops: )
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Avatar wrote:It's apparently illegal in the US if I recall an old thread correctly.
It;s even more insane than that.
If you get caught urinating on the side of the road you have to register as a level 1 sex offender on a national registry. (indecent exposure)
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Cheval wrote:I've seen (several times) double rainbows and once seen both ends of a rainbow.
did you grab that pot of gold?
Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

lorin wrote:
Cheval wrote:I've seen (several times) double rainbows and once seen both ends of a rainbow.
did you grab that pot of gold?

Funny you should say that...
my wife claims that we were always at the wrong end!
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

I saw an episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus. I believe that qualifies as tragic, bizarre, and amusing all rolled into one.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Wait until you see all of them. You'll be begging for the Comfy Chair, after that.

I saw a kitty on the road the other day. It had been hit by a car, and it was flailing, and there was blood spurting. That image is burned into my mind forever. When I convinced my Nanny to go back to see about it, it was gone.

Nothing should have to die like that. :cry:
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Reisheiruhime wrote:Wait until you see all of them. You'll be begging for the Comfy Chair, after that.
"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" :lol:
I'm watching a couple of episodes every night. They're on instant play on Netflix (which my mom subscribes to, lucky me).
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Magickmaker and two friends dressed up as the Spanish Inquisition for Halloween one year. They brought along a guy dressed as a lumberjack. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”