Why was Kevin J. Anderson added to the header?

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Why was Kevin J. Anderson added to the header?

Post by SerScot »

He, along with Brian Herbert, repeatedly raped Frank Herbert's legacy. Is this an April Fool's Day joke along with deleting the Tank?
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

i am guessing so - never have read any of the bannered authors. are they as bad as people here make them out to be?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Princess Violet glared at him. "My mother says that Confessor Kahlan will come back and that we'll have a surprise for her the next time she comes here. I just want you to know because my mother said you'll be dead by then. My mother says I get to decide what to do to her. First, I'm going to cut off her hair. " Her hands were in fists, her face red. "Then i'm going to let all the guards rape her, every one! Then I'm going to put her in the dungeon for a few years so they'll have someone to play with! Then when I get tired of hurting her, I'll have her head chopped off and put it on a pole where I can watch it rot!"
Richard actually felt sorry for the little Princess. The sadness for her came over him in a wave. At that feeling, he was surprised to feel the thing in him that had come awake rise up.
Princess Violet squeezed her eyes shut, stuck her tongue out far as she could.
It was like a red flag.
The strength of the awakened power exploded through him.
He could feel her jaw shattter like a crystal goblet on a stone floor when his boot came up under it. The impact of the blow lifted the Princess into the air. Her own teeth severed her tongue before they, too, shattered. She landed on her back, a good distance away, trying to scream through the gushing blood.
Terry Goodkind, folks. Creator of the hero who kicks 8-year-old brats in the jaw.

(Note: It may seem like the quote is lacking context for this "thing" that rises up, but... it really isn't lacking context, because there is none. It is never explained as more than a "dark thing" that he feels inside him.)
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Murrin wrote:
Princess Violet glared at him. "My mother says that Confessor Kahlan will come back and that we'll have a surprise for her the next time she comes here. I just want you to know because my mother said you'll be dead by then. My mother says I get to decide what to do to her. First, I'm going to cut off her hair. " Her hands were in fists, her face red. "Then i'm going to let all the guards rape her, every one! Then I'm going to put her in the dungeon for a few years so they'll have someone to play with! Then when I get tired of hurting her, I'll have her head chopped off and put it on a pole where I can watch it rot!"
Richard actually felt sorry for the little Princess. The sadness for her came over him in a wave. At that feeling, he was surprised to feel the thing in him that had come awake rise up.
Princess Violet squeezed her eyes shut, stuck her tongue out far as she could.
It was like a red flag.
The strength of the awakened power exploded through him.
He could feel her jaw shattter like a crystal goblet on a stone floor when his boot came up under it. The impact of the blow lifted the Princess into the air. Her own teeth severed her tongue before they, too, shattered. She landed on her back, a good distance away, trying to scream through the gushing blood.
Terry Goodkind, folks. Creator of the hero who kicks 8-year-old brats in the jaw.

(Note: It may seem like the quote is lacking context for this "thing" that rises up, but... it really isn't lacking context, because there is none. It is never explained as more than a "dark thing" that he feels inside him.)
Hmm... I'm kind of glad I didn't read that book, now. I'd intended to read it after watching the TV show, to see if the book was as bad as the show. I see now that it's even worse.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

There's an announcement about it SD. :lo:

--A
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Uh, yeah.

Apparently his writing is diametrically opposite from his surname. Donaldson has his heroes do some despicable things at times, but still...that Goodkind example is pretty repugnant.

Av: how did you post a response to me before I posted? Creepy!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Magic admin powers.

(Actually, I was answering the original post. ;) )

--A
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Murrin,

Don't forget Goodkind's greatest creation. The Chicken that is more than a Chicken. The Chicken that is "evil" incarate.

news.ansible.co.uk/a233supp.html
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
Farm Ur-Ted
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Farm Ur-Ted »

Laughed my butt off when I saw it, even though I didn't realize it was the 1st. I do feel kind of bad for Terry Brooks, though.
Roach trotted over to sniff at the gleaming phlegm, then licked it up.

The Bonehunters by Steven Erikson

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”