All Hail The New Overlords

Book 4 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: Savor Dam, High Lord Tolkien, ussusimiel

Immanentizing The Eschaton

All Hail The New Overlords

Post by Avatar »

So, y'all got Dlb so exhausted in here he had to take a break. Welcome your new digital overlords, Savor Dam and Usususususuwhatever... ;)

--A
Wildling
Giantfriend

Post by Wildling »

TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Congrats you two.

Is now a good time to admit that every single damn time I view u's chosen nickname, I keep thinking of a really REALLY crap Phil Collins track?

Uss... Uss... Imiel

Ack! Abhorrent ear-worm alert.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Congratulations....and thanks to DLB for your hard work!
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

ussususu - I knew they would green you eventually.

Congrats to the both of you and thanks Dlb.
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Wow, took two to replace one Dlb..thanks All!!
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Congrats!

-jay
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Lazy bugger is already falling down on the job... ;)

--A
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Thanks, guys!

It's an honour to be given such a responsibilty among such excellent people. I'll do my very best to live up to the task.

I'd like to thank dlb very much for his great work here and also welcome my new co-mod, SD. We'll try and not overdo the wordplay :lol:

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Is it possible that we finally have a new topic in the TLD forum that doesn't have any negative posts about the ending???

-jay
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

kevinswatch wrote:Is it possible that we finally have a new topic in the TLD forum that doesn't have any negative posts about the ending???

-jay
I don't like these new mods. They are a huge disappointment. I feel very letdown by their selection. I prefer the original mod, he was more developed in his character, he did not constantly repeat himself, he progressed as a mod. I am very upset.

better? :wink:
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

The administrators totally jumped the shark when they brought that one mod back to life.

The lack of descriptive narrative on how they *became* mods was highly disappointing. I mean, are we just to accept that one minute the world was going to end, and the next minute, SD and u. became mods?

-jay
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

SD as a mod
Clearly a harbinger of
The end of the world
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Has someone founded The Holy Order Of Savor Dam Haters or THOOSDH yet?
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

kevinswatch wrote:The administrators totally jumped the shark when they brought that one mod back to life.

The lack of descriptive narrative on how they *became* mods was highly disappointing. I mean, are we just to accept that one minute the world was going to end, and the next minute, SD and u. became mods?

-jay
And the way they just bitch-slapped Dlb out of nowhere?
And the way the whole thing had no poster-driven plot...it was all just admin tricks to keep the READERS ignorant.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Vraith wrote:
kevinswatch wrote:The administrators totally jumped the shark when they brought that one mod back to life.

-jay
And the way they just bitch-slapped Dlb out of nowhere?
And the way the whole thing had no poster-driven plot...it was all just admin tricks to keep the READERS ignorant.
Plus, what is the new rainbow graphic at the end of the forum all about? It doesn't fit the theme of the rest of the forum.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

...and here's a photo of The Last Dark forum, showing the peace and tranquility spreading over it, once SD and Sussussudio have remade the place using their combined lore.

Nothing sickeningly cutesey about that at all...

PS I have it on excellent authority that U is the one holding the toy bunny. There's apparently a clue in the picture...
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

8O

Good luck in here, you guys. No wonder DLB fled...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

That's hilarious, TheFallen! Usually I can't stand My Little Ponies and CareBears, but I am coming around to them now :lol:

As to the The Last Modark, well I am of two minds about it. I mean I kinda like the new characters and enjoyed the bitchslapping bit (that last mod was a bit of a dozy bint anyway! :lol:) and I am worried about the Raver that's been left on the loose. I mean what's the point of that!!! There's all these ponies and cuddly bears gambolling around probably looking like Ready-Meals to it 8O

I'm not sure which one of us swallowed Foul. I suppose all y'all'll figure that out when the Good Cop-Bad Cop routine kicks in! :biggrin:

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

ussusimiel wrote:That's hilarious, TheFallen! Usually I can't stand My Little Ponies and CareBears, but I am coming around to them now :lol:

As to the The Last Modark, well I am of two minds about it. I mean I kinda like the new characters and enjoyed the bitchslapping bit (that last mod was a bit of a dozy bint anyway! :lol:) and I am worried about the Raver that's been left on the loose. I mean what's the point of that!!! There's all these ponies and cuddly bears gambolling around probably looking like Ready-Meals to it 8O

I'm not sure which one of us swallowed Foul. I suppose all y'all'll figure that out when the Good Cop-Bad Cop routine kicks in! :biggrin:

u.

Where is ____ and her ponies when you need her?

who's the good cop and who's the bad one?

Return to “The Last Dark”