The 100

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

The 100

Post by SoulBiter »

Anyone watching this? I found season 1 on netflix and then discovered its a current series that is in season 2 now.

when I watched the first couple of episodes I thought... ummm many I wont watch this. Its too Lord of the Flies for me.... but the more I watched the more interesting this got.... So now I am fairly engrossed with seeing where this is going.
The series is set 97 years after a devastating nuclear war wiped out almost all life on Earth. The only known survivors are the residents of twelve space stations in Earth's orbit prior to the war. The space stations banded together to form a single massive station named "The Ark", where about 2,400 people live. Resources are scarce and all crimes no matter their nature or severity are punishable by death ("floating") unless the perpetrator is under 18 years of age. After the Ark's life support systems are found to be critically failing, one hundred juvenile prisoners are declared "expendable" and sent to the surface in a last ditch attempt to determine if Earth is habitable again. The teens arrive on a beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. However they discover that not all humanity was wiped out. There are people on Earth who survived the war, called "grounders" by the 100.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

So still no one but me watching this? It is now in Season 5
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I read the books, and the GF is watching the series. (She read the books too.) From what she said, it's one of the rare series that are actually better than the books.

That said, she says she's a bit disappointed with this latest season.

--A
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Avatar wrote:I read the books, and the GF is watching the series. (She read the books too.) From what she said, it's one of the rare series that are actually better than the books.

That said, she says she's a bit disappointed with this latest season.

--A
Since I never read the books I have nothing to compare it against for good or ill. I have only watched up to the second episode of Season 5 but its been pretty good so far. Another main character was killed off but he was always kinda bi-polar anyway.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I love it SB .. it is one of my faves .. though arguably I do have many of those ;) .. which in turn arguably weakens my opinion somewhat LOL πŸ˜‚

But I dont give a fuck cos its good.

You know the lead is an Aussie :P πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
^shameless brag^

^call it national pride^
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Skyweir wrote:

You know the lead is an Aussie :P πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
^shameless brag^

^call it national pride^
I hadn't realized that until seeing some of the behind-the-scenes stuff - wish she wouldn't cover her accent.

At any rate, I stopped watching a couple of years ago but it keeps coming up in conversation and whatnot, so I may try to catch up.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Definitely do it Sorus .. Im watching season 3 now .. and its a red hot mess of awesomeness right now. Im really enjoying it ..
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Ooh, if you're on season 3, maybe I can go off on a tangent about the things that annoyed me about season 3. I need to re-watch a couple of episodes just to make sure I didn't actually miss something important. That's when I started to get really into it, and then there was just a whole bunch of stuff where I wanted to yell at them through the screen because they should have seen it coming, and what did they expect, and rant rant rant.

But it's been a couple of years and I don't remember all the particulars.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Oh go for it .. how shit is Clarke? πŸ™„ .. and Octavia has lost the plot .. and whats with the dumb spies plot? πŸ™„
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

How far into season 3 are you? I don't want to spoil anything.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Episode 9
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I usually enjoy making wild speculations about what's going to happen - it was a lot of fun with shows like BSG, especially because I was often very, very wrong, and it's nice when a show is unpredictable.

It doesn't make quite as much sense (at least publicly) when I'm a couple of years behind and other people already know the outcome and whatnot, but I have mostly managed to avoid spoilers. I don't know what I should put spoiler tags on here, but I'm going to leave them off this time.

Anyway. Season 3, Episode 9. Spoilers beyond this point.

I'm going to agree with Clarke that the Conclave is a really stupid method of choosing the next Commander. The Flamekeeper guy said he'd served four Commanders, and he wasn't very old. It isn't a job that comes with a nice retirement plan. Both Lexa and the Flamekeeper guy - whatsisname - Titus had a favored candidate. There was talk about 'making sure he won'.

I suspect there is historical precedence for favored candidates winning. I suspect Ontari straight-up murdered her opponents because she knew they wouldn't play fair. I suspect Lexa was the favored candidate the last time around, and that's probably why Luna fled - why throw away her life if she knew the deck was stacked?

Also, it was at least a little irresponsible of Titus to give the Flame to Clarke on the basis that she knew someone who knew someone named Luna. I know it's a fairly small population and whatnot, but are they sure it's the same Luna? I once worked in an office that had a total of eight people, and three of them were named Marie. It's probably the right Luna for the sake of the plot and all, but still.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Oh, there you are Sorus. Was just saying you seemed to have been a bit MIA lately...

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

And here I thought someone wanted to debate stuff.

Oh well, I realize I'm late to the game and it's the fifth season finale going on now. Working on catching up.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Sorus wrote:I usually enjoy making wild speculations about what's going to happen - it was a lot of fun with shows like BSG, especially because I was often very, very wrong, and it's nice when a show is unpredictable.

It doesn't make quite as much sense (at least publicly) when I'm a couple of years behind and other people already know the outcome and whatnot, but I have mostly managed to avoid spoilers. I don't know what I should put spoiler tags on here, but I'm going to leave them off this time.

Anyway. Season 3, Episode 9. Spoilers beyond this point.

I'm going to agree with Clarke that the Conclave is a really stupid method of choosing the next Commander. The Flamekeeper guy said he'd served four Commanders, and he wasn't very old. It isn't a job that comes with a nice retirement plan. Both Lexa and the Flamekeeper guy - whatsisname - Titus had a favored candidate. There was talk about 'making sure he won'.

I suspect there is historical precedence for favored candidates winning. I suspect Ontari straight-up murdered her opponents because she knew they wouldn't play fair. I suspect Lexa was the favored candidate the last time around, and that's probably why Luna fled - why throw away her life if she knew the deck was stacked?

Also, it was at least a little irresponsible of Titus to give the Flame to Clarke on the basis that she knew someone who knew someone named Luna. I know it's a fairly small population and whatnot, but are they sure it's the same Luna? I once worked in an office that had a total of eight people, and three of them were named Marie. It's probably the right Luna for the sake of the plot and all, but still.
:LOLS:

Well Ive just finished watching this .. and now Im a lot happier with how it all turns out. Wow I did not think wed see Octavias redemption. But Im ok with the conclave issue .. and agree that its not the brightest method of selecting leadership .. and this one is but a child .. yet it doesnt seem to matter when they can call on the wisdom .. assuming such exists .. from past leaders.

I found Clarke particularly irritating in this season, though I get her mother hen instincts .. to do WHATEVER is necessary to ensure "her childs" survival. It was an unexpected reveal when we learned just how they had survived for all that extra time. ewwww

Yeah Im still in .. still enjoying it and looking forward to next season. The most stupid thing was the nuking of the earth .. that was just dumb. Like again????

:roll: but meh .. still all fun and interesting. Glad to see Clarke wait for survivors THIS time :roll:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I hadn't realized Trigedasleng was created by the same person (David J. Peterson) who did Dothraki and Valyrian for GoT. The inside of his mind must be a fascinating place.

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Skyweir wrote:
Well Ive just finished watching this .. and now Im a lot happier with how it all turns out. Wow I did not think wed see Octavias redemption. But Im ok with the conclave issue .. and agree that its not the brightest method of selecting leadership .. and this one is but a child .. yet it doesnt seem to matter when they can call on the wisdom .. assuming such exists .. from past leaders.

I found Clarke particularly irritating in this season, though I get her mother hen instincts .. to do WHATEVER is necessary to ensure "her childs" survival. It was an unexpected reveal when we learned just how they had survived for all that extra time. ewwww

Yeah Im still in .. still enjoying it and looking forward to next season. The most stupid thing was the nuking of the earth .. that was just dumb. Like again????

:roll: but meh .. still all fun and interesting. Glad to see Clarke wait for survivors THIS time :roll:
Finished this myself last week. It was fun and exciting. Clark got on my nerves as well. It was OK for her to ask Bellamy to kill his sister, but hey... no sacrifices of my daughter.

Octavia and indeed a few others in this show. It always amazes me when they go off the deep end that someone doesn't just do what she did to the three at the table. Just casually walk over and shoot her in the head. Instead everyone (supposedly warriors) sit like a knot on a log and let her just kill others discriminately. I thought they caved a bit too easy.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yeah agree about the indiscriminate killing thing .. they are warriors .. well at least half of them πŸ™„
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I just started season 2, trying to steer clear of the spoilers. Enjoying all the reversals and surprises. Yes, Clarke does kick ass. That actress is amazing. Good to see that Desmond From Lost, but god he sucks at hiding his accent. :lol:
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Which character is he is The 100?

I know Clarke is an Aussie πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I think she hides her accent well.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to β€œTV Shows”