Avengers: Endgame

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Avengers: Endgame

Post by I'm Murrin »

The first full trailer has dropped, and I just want somewhere to do dumb speculation stuff.

At this point it's pretty clear they're setting this up as the grand finale of the Avengers so far, with the callbacks to the origin films, the focus on the original Avengers, and the title. It's going to be interesting seeing how they send them off.

That said, on to spoilery trailer stuff:
Spoiler
The last scene in the trailer is the earliest in the film chronologically. Nat has her short blonde hair from Infinity War, so Captain Marvel arrives on earth and meets the Avengers pretty early after the snap. The majority of the film takes place months later, after Nat has had time to grow her hair out.

When the trailer moves to Hawkeye, it shows a clip of him teaching his daughter to shoot before going to current-day Clint, giving the strong impression he lost his family in the snap. Guessing he shows up on the radar months after the fact and Nat goes to bring him in.

There's a brief shot of Scott on a street seeing all the missing posters, suggesting he just got back from the quantum realm and has no idea what's going on.

They're not being coy about this bit any more: Tony Stark and Nebula make it to Earth. They're in the later shots of the Avengers in what people are apparently saying are "quantum suits". Also notable is that Thor, Captain Marvel, and Hulk are not shown - this could be significant since they are the three most powerful Avengers.

Thanos is also entirely absent from any of the trailers so far, so they're keeping his role in the story quiet. I wonder if Thor, Carol, and Bruce are off keeping him distracted while the others hop into the Quantum Realm to undo what he did.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I am going into this as blind as possible.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

wayfriend wrote:I am going into this as blind as possible.
I want to do that but I can't help it....spoilers....speculations....I'm like a moth drawn to an infinity stone.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Totally me too ... absolutely watching the trailer πŸ˜‰
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Skyweir wrote::LOLS:

Totally me too ... absolutely watching the trailer πŸ˜‰
...and reading any spoiler sights once the movie is out, since it will be a few weeks after the release before I see it.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

πŸ˜‰

Living dangerously πŸ‘Œ
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Well, I can't help but think they'll resolve the snap the way they did in the comic, so I'm as spoiled as can be.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Avengers Endgame

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

No, the movie is not out for another 3.5 weeks but it is already breaking records--Fandango, a secondary market ticket seller, states that pre-sales for AE tickets broke the preexisting record held by Star Wars: The Force Awakens in only 6 hours.

The movie prediction videos are all over the map--some of them are too stupid to watch, which is why I don't watch any of them.

Relax, you crazy "I must buy my tickets the second they go on sale" and "I must be the first person in the theater" people. The movie will be in theaters for probably 2 months--you'll get to see it.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I cant wait πŸ€— very excite .. but kinda bummed cos already know its merely a time, space dimension issue. That one variable in the umpteen million billion possibilities that Dr Strange referenced. Almost feel well what can they do beyond that reversal of fortune approach. All saved, all returned, all five by five πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Merged Hashi's post with the existing thread.

Carry on.

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Here's a new clip from the film:

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/statu ... 9355023363

I can't help myself, so:
Spoiler
The Avengers are apparently able to track where Thanos is and when he uses the Infinity Stones, and this clip is from very early in the film - they just met Carol, only people who were in Wakanda are there, Nat's hair is still as it was in Infinity War - so it looks like they're going to go confront Thanos pretty quickly. But we know from other clips that this film jumps ahead months, perhaps even a year, before Japan, Hawkeye, and the quantum suits. So I can only assume they try and fail to face Thanos, and the suggestion in this clip - beat him, take the Infinity Stones, use them to save everyone - is not the solution that will work.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I'm Murrin wrote:Here's a new clip from the film:

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/statu ... 9355023363

I can't help myself, so:
Spoiler
The Avengers are apparently able to track where Thanos is and when he uses the Infinity Stones, and this clip is from very early in the film - they just met Carol, only people who were in Wakanda are there, Nat's hair is still as it was in Infinity War - so it looks like they're going to go confront Thanos pretty quickly. But we know from other clips that this film jumps ahead months, perhaps even a year, before Japan, Hawkeye, and the quantum suits. So I can only assume they try and fail to face Thanos, and the suggestion in this clip - beat him, take the Infinity Stones, use them to save everyone - is not the solution that will work.

AHHHHH!!!!!
Spoiler
"Let's go get this son of a bitch!"
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I haven't seen Ant-Man. Do I need to see Ant-Man?

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Sorus wrote:I haven't seen Ant-Man. Do I need to see Ant-Man?
No, it is not necessary to do so despite that fact that it is a fun film, as it the sequel. The only piece of the puzzle from the Ant Man movies is the quantum realm--time as we know it does not exist there, we are told, and so it may be possible to fudge your way into time travel by going there.

The other key piece of information to recall is that the Time Stone was not in the Eye of Agamotto; instead, Strange pulled it out of thin air. So...why did he take the stone out of the Eye? Did he send that stone forward or backward in time to himself and the stone he gave Thanos was the same stone he sent to himself from a different time? It gets weird.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

aTOMiC re your spoiled detail .. really?? Im so disappointed if thats the way it flies. But I guess they have to follow that one in a bazillion million possibilities where the earth universe is saved and those gone are reclaimed.

Im not at all convinced that Marvel has that much to offer so will be hoping to be shown wrong on that.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

We got tickets to a 9am show tomorrow morning, but we are down in the front 2 rows of the theater--not ideal, but better than missing out altogether.

I just rewatched Infinity War via Netflix the other day and I had a question: didn't Thanos do pretty much what Ozymandias did, or at least justify it in the same way--kill x to save the rest? Also, note that the people he killed with the Stones did not suffer; instead, they merely faded out of existence quietly and painlessly. Did he really kill them or just erase them from existence? Technically there isn't much difference because "gone is gone" but if he only erased them does that count as "killing" or "murder"?

In the long term, though, Thanos's outlook is completely incorrect. Only in the short term will those who survive enjoy bountiful resources, because eventually the population in the universe will begin to increase again and at some point it will reach the same point where he originally concluded that half of everyone must die. He didn't solve the problem, just kick the can down the road.

Thanos is also an idiot. He claims that he wants to kill half the people in the universe because "there aren't enough resources". After collecting all 6 stones he could do anything he wanted to, including doubling the resources of the universe so that everyone would enjoy lives of plenty.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Y'know....the only reason I want to see this movie right away is because it will be so spoiled for me by the time I see it that I'll be bored during the movie. Like Part 1 of this. I saw all the dust memes and crap long before Netflix finally got it and I could see it. Yes, it didn't tell me who "died" but was enough of a spoiler that I understood before even starting the damn thing. I wonder if Disney employees create these memes to try to get people into the theater faster so other bastards don't ruin stuff. I'd argue that Entertainment Weekly is also agents for movie theater owners for spoiling stuff so fast.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I saw it yesterday and would like to talk about it but for now I feel like not enough people are there yet.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Tickets unavailable this weekend. Will have to wait a week so it will be a challenge to avoid spoilers. Also watching every Star Wars film next weekend for May The Fourth so time will be hard to come by.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart

Return to β€œFlicks”