My Blog

Links to the outside world.
Iryssa
Bloodguard

My Blog

Post by Iryssa »

Hey guys! I've just started up a blog (short for weblog)...I've only had two visitors so far...so I need readers! ;) :D
www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Iryssa
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I stopped by...
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

I did too - and left a message!
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I stopped by too, and signed your guest book. I don't really get the whole blog thing but more power to you. The funny thing was I read your comment about Bible College. I went to undergrad at a small Baptist college in Southeastern Kentucky in the late 80s-early 90s. Curfew for women then was 11pm weekdays and 12am weekends. If a girl was 1 minute late to her dorm the RA's would lock the doors and you were stuck outside - and then of course the next morning she had to report to the Dean of Women's office. There was no curfew for men at any time - I repeat, no curfew for men whatsoever. I don't know how it is now. They only started to have dances there somewhere around 1993.

There's more - once a semester the male and female dorms would have "open house" - actually this was usually a fun night, where your female friends could visit your room and vice versa. The funny thing about it was - the door to your suite/bedroom had to be left open at all times (whether you had a visitor or not) and if you did have a visitor of the other gender in your suite/bedroom, your feet had to be on the floor at all times (because we all know what happens when a boy and a girl do not have their feet on the floor.)

Just thought I'd share that with you - good luck with your blog.
Last edited by dlbpharmd on Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

Thanks for stopping by, guys!!

LOL! That's really funny...because my old college STILL doesn't allow dancing (though they claim that'll be changed next year, they said that LAST year, and the year before that, too). The doors wouldn't lock you out after curfew or anything; we had swipe cards that had the duel function of acting as keys while recording who came in when. Everyone is given 60 "grace minutes" (I found it funny that they would put it that way) per semester, so you can be late a few times, but not often. Our "open dorm" days worked the same way as yours...only both dorms weren't open the same days...the guy's would be open once during the first half of the semester, and the girl's once during the second half.
It was one of those rules that really bugged me, actually, not letting us hang out in eachother's rooms. I mean, I can see why, but if they coulda opened them up once a week or something that would have been better...We did have our student lounge in between the two dorms (called the "Upper Room") but it's just more comfortable when you're hanging out in your own living space, you know?
But then, my best friend lived off campus, so we all just went over there ;)

Thanks for the messages, btw! made me smile!
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hey Iryssa, checked out your blog, but it want's me to join before it'll let me sign the guest book. Is that right? Or am I just doing it wrong?

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

That's right. But joining doesn't involve any great inconvenience. And then you can start your own blog if you like.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I stopped by. :P
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Did everybody but me know that Iryssa is that attractive?!?

Hmmm, ok, I just checked the Crew, and there's the pic. I guess it WAS only me. Gotta look around more, eh?
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Iryssa, I just stopped by your blog, but I couldn't sign your guest book.
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

I visited but couldn't sign either!
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

You have to be a member to do anything with Xangas - and that means you have to get a Xanga yourself, which just isn't worth the effort if all you wanted to do was comment.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Your right about that. I'll just say here that Iryssa, you have a nice blog. I enjoyed reading a few pages of it this morning.

Post by Guest »

neat

Return to “Haven Farm”