What happened to her? *!spoilers!*

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

Iryssa
Bloodguard

What happened to her? *!spoilers!*

Post by Iryssa »

What do you guys think happened to Moiraine when she fell through that doorway with Lanfear (it was Lanfear, right? I'll have to check and make sure...)? What happened to Lanfear? Are they both dead?
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Spoiler
Lanfear already came back, as Cyndane, and, IIRC has already been killed again, so I think we can safely assume that Moiraine will be back too.
Spoiler
Afterall, she told Thom that she would see him again. Don't forget, she went through the rings in Rhuidean which gave her a view of her possible futures.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Spoiler
But she also thought that none of her future visions showed what happened after the doorway, although it could be some other prediction *coughmincough* that told her she will see Thom again.
Oh, and Cyndane was one of the survivors - only one Forsaken was killed at the Choeden Kal, and that was Osan'gar/Dashira (Aginor).

Post by Avatar »

aah, thats right
Spoiler
Cyndane killed Dashiva
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Spoiler
Actually, it was one of the Dragonsworn Aes Sedai, who was a Darkfriend and thought that since Dashiva was 'just a renegade Asha'man', the Forsaken wouldn't punish her for killing him. Cyndane fought the Seanchan woman and was almost killed, so fled the battle.

Post by Avatar »

Damn, is it just me, or does everyone struggle to keep this stuff straight? No wonder there's so many opinions on these books! :)
Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

LOL, nope, it's not just you...
For a while I was keeping a journal listing names and important things about places...it would be nice if the glossaries in the backs of the books would just keep building, instead of being completely different for every book...it would make life at least somewhat easier in that respect.

Post by Avatar »

Iryssa wrote:...For a while I was keeping a journal listing names and important things about places...
Oh hell no! Far too much trouble to go to in my opinion. That's like turning a good book into work! :lol:

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I have a poor memory for most things - events and characters in books, however, are not one of those things. I've always been good at remembering this stuff - and I don't go out of my way to do so, it just sticks in there, probably pushing out most of my GCSEs.

Post by Avatar »

:)

Usually, it's something I'm good at remembering as well. In fact, my memory is pretty good on the whole, (barring the extreme short-term ;) ).

With something as complex as WoT though, I rely on the context to remind me when I'm reading it, and then relegate it to the back/bottom of my mind the rest of the time.

I sometimes wonder though, if there is some finite limit to what we can remember? Do we push out older memories as we add new ones? It's not happening to me yet, but I still wonder.

--A
Byrn
Giantfriend

Post by Byrn »

Maybe I'm just sick, but not only have I been able to follow WOT with out any issue, I also remember ASOIAF, Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Chronicles of Amber, Guardians of the Flame, The Incarnations of Immortality, the Gap cycle and the Dark Tower pretty well. I do have an almost eidetic(sp) memory.
"What is the land to air speed ratio of a laden swallow?"
https://www.noiraqdraft.com/impact.php? ... a211109cb0
Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

See, books seem to be the hardest things for me to remember....I could re-hash lines from movies I haven't seen for years, and yet it only takes me a few months to forget a book almost entirely. I guess I need the audio and visual help to really make things stick in my mind...I remember a lot of Hamlet if I think of it the way my old english teacher (Dr. Hargreaves) read it, with his booming voice and British accent. I remember it even better if I remember the way I saw Kenneth Branagh &co. act it out....maybe I should get Dr. Hargreaves to read the books out loud to me ;)

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

It depends on my level of involvement. With the WoT books, I just don't care about the subplots enough to even bother.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

She's probably not dead, because Jordan sucks. DAMMIT JORDAN! KILL ONE OF YOUR DAMN CHARACTERS OFF FOR GOOD ALREADY!!! YOU HAVE 10000000 CHARACTERS! PICK ONE AND KILL HIM/HER! (Preferably Egwene).-jay
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Jay:
Spoiler
Be'lal. Sammael. Aginor (the second time). Asmodean. Rahvin. That Aiel guy with the Dragon tatoos. Ingtar. Want more?
saera
Ramen

Post by saera »

I remember loads of WoT details. But that might be because I'm part of a huge WoT community and discuss the books all the time and also that I've read them almost ten times (except Crossroads, I simply can't pick up that horrible horrible book again :|).. Eh. Yeah. It's so sad; cause this series is so far from my favorite.. :roll:
tallan
Ramen

Post by tallan »

Spoiler
Okay, Moiraine's believed to still be trapped in *finnland, and Thom's the one who's going to save her, due to Min's viewing of Thom pulling Moiraine's blue stone out of a fire.. Probably by going into the Tower of Ghenjei. And he might get some help from Mat. Or whatever it was. *shakes head* :p
saera
Ramen

Post by saera »

Mat? *scratches head* Where did you get that idea?
tallan
Ramen

Post by tallan »

I dunno... Like, he has *finn experience, and he has that fox.. thingy. Was it a ring? Or something. Gosh darnit, I don't know. It just popped out of my head.. Don't shoot me. ><
saera
Ramen

Post by saera »

It's a fox medallion, Tallan. O.o

Hmm. Okay. *shrugs* Who knows? :P

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”