Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Retired Topic.

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Hearthcoal
Lord

Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Retired Topic.

Post by Hearthcoal »

I am establishing this thread to serve as our "Guestbook" on the Discussion Board. There is nothing we enjoy more than Visitors and New Members, so please drop us a line here and say hello. Feel free to ask questions and make comments too.

We're glad you have joined us.
Bannor
Giantfriend

Novel Approach

Post by Bannor »

This is a unique idea (at least unique to me). A very novel approach. I am really enjoying the forum and the people as well.
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"How long ago did she die?"
"Two thousand years."
danlo
Lord

Welcome all new members!

Post by danlo »

xcellent idea!
fall far and well Pilots!
Earendilyon
Servant of the Land

Post by Earendilyon »

Hiyah, I've renewed my account here, for I hadn't been around for a long time. Mb some of you remember me or my nick? Prolly not, for I've never been very active here.
"For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me."
Hearthcoal
Lord

Post by Hearthcoal »

Hey! Welcome back! I was, believe it or not, just reading one of your posts on the old board. I have always liked your quote "bear of very little brain".

Hail

Post by Guest »

Just to make sure - Have I got the name right, Cable Seadreamer right?
It must be nearly 20 years since I read the 2nd Chronicles, I remember I was waiting for the last one to come out, managed to be the first one to check it out of the local library. Of all the many wonderful characters in the Land this (mute?) Giant is the one I remember the most. This is a great forum, I'm so pleased to have found it. I will now have to read all the chronicles again and get more involved in the discussions.

There must be an ongoing debate about which chronicles people like best -My memory tells me that I enjoyed the Ist Chronicles but for some reason I liked the 2nd better. I'll wax lyrical on the subject when I've read them again.
danlo
Lord

Welcome back Earendilyon!

Post by danlo »

I've used ur signature in some posts while u were gone--I love it! Welcome xp_spec! And I think it's high time we extended a warm welcome 2 our new members who have been hinding in the wings and just checking us out!: Welcome Undoubting Thomas, Gaunt, Seasauce, nadia, Goma Plile, snOOze, Bannor's Illegitamate Child, McBreagh, kaos and gaintashsnake!! Join in! We'd like 2 hear what u have 2 say--even if ur just beginning 2 read The Chrons! Don't b shy!! :D btw: Yes it is Cable Seadreamer--a hero in his own right and a character we do not discuss enuf in these forums--this must change!!!
Last edited by danlo on Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seadreamer
Servant of the Land

Anonymous

Post by Seadreamer »

Don't know why I'm down as anonymous, should have been Seadreamer, with a funky avatar and everything. I hope to get this sorted out soon.
Hearthcoal
Lord

Post by Hearthcoal »

Welcome to Kevin's Watch, Cable Seadreamer!! Glad to have you on board.

I like to think that there are two kinds of members here at KW. Those who have made anonymous posts and those who haven't...YET.

It has happened to all of us (well, almost all of us, there is probably an exception somewhere). At one point I read that it had to do with "proxy servers", but I don't know if that is a fact.

Be sure to check out our discussions of the other stuff SRD has written.

P.S. Can't wait to see your avatar.
danlo
Lord

Run 4 ur lives!!!!!!!

Post by danlo »

Oh NO! 8O Grayslayer has arrived! and lists his address as Kent, Ohio: it's SRD in disguise--we're doomed RUN 4 UR LIVES!!!!!!!!
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I think this is an excellent idea.

Hearthcoal - you previously mentioned a fairly elaborate "rewards" scheme for post totals. It's possible to implement but it would be great to have the input of all - including some images/drawings of what all those things are supposed to look like.

Call me enthusiatic but I cannot for the life of me see why Tolkien has a billion forums dedicated to his works but SRD manages ONE (that I know of) dedicated forum.
danlo
Lord

HEY

Post by danlo »

I've got a (little) Donaldson discussion going @ my new website, Ahira's Hangar:pub40.ezboard.com/bahirashangar**he shamelessly marketed himself** and The Land's site is pretty cool 2: theland.antgear.com!! :D
Last edited by danlo on Sat Jul 20, 2002 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

tres cool

Post by variol son »

[color=darkred][/color]wow! ive finally found a tc site on the net. & here i thought that only me & my dad new who he was. @ least i no that there r other ppl out there with taste. this place is tres cool.

sum sui generis :P

variol son
danlo
Lord

Welcome variol son!!

Post by danlo »

Offcenter, one of this new Forum's Founders (along w/kevin's watch, of course) is from ur beautiful country NZ, as well. KIWI POWER!
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

try again

Post by variol son »

& hopefully this time everything will work the way its supposed 2. now i just need 2 figure out wot happened 2 my avatar.

sum sui generis :P

variol son
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I'm just the "sponsor" and technical assistant. ;) I'm a 1/4 through Lord Fouls Bane and reading with more insight and clarity as compared to 15 years ago.

Oh so nice to find this slice of Heaven

Post by Guest »

I found Lord Foul's Bane in the library and was so hooked. Since then, I've given away five or six copies of that first book. Good thing they still turn up in the used bookstore from time to time.
(And I thought I'd found everything on the net when I found a CivII board... sheesh me!)

-chuckpro
Hearthcoal
Lord

Post by Hearthcoal »

Welcome aboard the board, Chuckpro.

Yes, it's a good thing used copies turn up...a few years ago I found 5 out of 6 of the TOTC series in hard back (LFB was missing). Later I sold the 5 at a garage sale and have regretted ever since. Alas.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Welcome chuckpro .. interesting nic .. what does it mean? Does it have anything to do with the popular classic childrens movie starring Mel Gibson ... 'Chicken Run'?

<love that flic :wink: >

Anyhoo .. be welcome among us chuckpro .. be welcome and true ..
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
chuckpro
Servant of the Land

Post by chuckpro »

Thanks y'all. No ChuckPro just happens to be two parts of my real name. Haven't caught chicken run yet, is there something I don't know that I should? :oops:
My regret is loaning out my Maps of the Land, or whatever the oversize pb was called. It never came back to me.

-chuckpro

Return to “The Summonsing”