How Do You Feel Today? v4

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Damn have I not been on since last Tuesday?

All good Menolly?

Work been a bit mad, got Harley back on Friday, all bandages off, all wounds (basically) closed (One tiny patch of scab left) and some impressive scars. :D

Still has to be kept in, leg been immobilised for 3 months and paw still a bit swollen, so it'll be a while before she can walk properly again. This has not done my sleep patterns any good, since I have to keep getting up for her etc.

But nearly there now. Can take the cone off permanently in a few days, let her start grooming that leg to get some more circulation going.

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Still awaiting results from pathology. But, as my Mom used to say, one tends to hear sooner rather than later if the news is dire. So, "No news is good news," for now.
Avatar wrote:Work been a bit mad, got Harley back on Friday, all bandages off, all wounds (basically) closed (One tiny patch of scab left) and some impressive scars. :D

Still has to be kept in, leg been immobilised for 3 months and paw still a bit swollen, so it'll be a while before she can walk properly again. This has not done my sleep patterns any good, since I have to keep getting up for her etc.

But nearly there now. Can take the cone off permanently in a few days, let her start grooming that leg to get some more circulation going.
Good to hear Harley is doing so well! She'll probably be itching to get outside once the cone is off. Y'all will probably need to be even more diligent regarding her attempting to escape at that point.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Two weeks until surgery to again fix my ankle. The screws never set into the bone last time. So this time two new screws, a plate and a bone graft.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Post by Avatar »

Good luck Sarge, hope it goes better next time. ;)
Menolly wrote:[Y'all will probably need to be even more diligent regarding her attempting to escape at that point.
Yep. :lol:

Hardest is going to be letting her out at all, even when she is healed up...

--A
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Took the opportunity of lockdown yesterday and went to a neighbourhood playpark - with a portastudio and No.5 drum StiX - played the slides and the climbing frames - got some really great reverberent metallic sounds -

disaster - had the wrong batteries and had to go buy the right ones - forgot my headphones - got back to find all the settings were on zero - nothing recorded!

disappointing :cry:

But we are in good spell of weather, so will try again,

laters ...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I received the pathology results from the two biopsies I had done nearly two weeks ago. Unfortunately, what I received is the actual medical write up, with terminology I don't understand.

I messaged my urogynecologist/surgeon, asking him to explain the results in layman's terms. His office responded, telling me he is out of the office until my scheduled follow up visit on the 21st.

Thankfully, I have Facebook friends who do comprehend the terminology, and were wiling to look over what I received. It basically sounds as though there is good news and not so good news, but my apprehension has been reduced regarding waiting to speak with my doctor.

I was told my doctor will be checking messages while he is away, so I may yet hear from him before my follow up. It has also been suggested I give both my primary, who had referred me to the urogynecologist, and my oncologist, who
should have access to the results, calls and see if they have any input. So, I'll be following up on that tomorrow.

In the meantime, as an already three different cancer thriver, I thank you all for your prayers, well wishes, and healing thoughts and light. I will gladly continue to accept them.

Once I have a definitive plan in place, if one is necessary, I'll update again

Love and Light!
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

There are a couple of words I simply will not Google - I lack the disposition.
Menolly wrote:Love and Light!
barak'Allah!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Lazy Luke wrote:There are a couple of words I simply will not Google - I lack the disposition.
Menolly wrote:Love and Light!
barak'Allah!
Todah!
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Good luck, Menolly. Hoping for a best-case-scenario on the results.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Post by Avatar »

Good vibes to all who need them. :D

Not much on my side, was a long weekend this weekend (Women's Day) and I've taken next week off, since I have 21 days of leave I have to use before the end of the year, otherwise I'll lose them.

Could do with a break, work has been a bugger since lock-down etc.

--A
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

You guys get a Women's Day, Av? That's so unfair...

So hi everybody. :wave: It has been a rocking and rolling couple of months. I'm retiring...I'm not retiring yet...I'm gonna stay on and work remotely 'til the end of the year...oh wait, no, I'm not...my last day at the firm is July 31st but I'll be on vacation that week so...oh fine, my last day is July 24th.

And so it was. On the 23rd, I had movers come and load up a moving container (I will *not* bore you with that whole saga as I did the folks on FB...). On Monday the 27th I hit the road for Santa Fe. Got here on the 31st, moved my stuff in, and immediately went into a state-ordered 14-day self-quarantine. (I may have cheated a couple of times with trips to the grocery store, but I always wore a mask.) Tomorrow is the final day of my quarantine...and I have movers coming with the container to unload it for me. I'm pretty sure I won't have room for everything I brought with me. Yay?

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

congrats Ali.

Doing my pre-surgery weigh in and covid test. If all goes well surgery next week and 3-4 months of healing.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Post by Avatar »

Good to see you around Ali. Yeah, it's been a public holiday in SA for many years already. In fact, August is Women's Month, not that it does much to reduce the amount of GBV unfortunately.

Seems the project I'm overseeing will not (despite our best attempts) be finished today, so I will probably be keeping tabs on it next week despite being on leave, but that's life.

--A
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Had to lose 7 pounds for my weigh in. In a week I dropped 15. Covid test and ekg come back good I am green for next week.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Good luck to you Null.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

My hr just called. I had Sunday Monday off before surgery. My doctor changed it to the 18th. Now I go on both days.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I finally had the follow up with the surgeon regarding the results from the procedure I had last month. Both areas came back cancer free (yay!), however a plan has been put in place to watch my bladder, as it had positive markers of potential future concern. But for now, unless the symptoms which started this whole process occur again, which they haven't since I started pursuing this, I need not worry about it until next year.
Thank you all for your well wishes, healing love, white light, and prayers.
בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה ה’ אֱלֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם הַגּוֹמֵל לְחַיָּבִים טוֹבוֹת שֶׁגְּמָלַנִי כָּל טוֹב
Blessed are You, Lord our God, ruler of the world, who rewards the undeserving with goodness, and who has rewarded me with goodness.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Congrats Menolly.

My doctor ended up putting many screws into my ankle. Plus a very large plate. Plus he grafted bone from my heal and a cadaver.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I hope it takes this time, sarge.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Good news, Menolly! And hopefully good news, Sarge!

Good to be back. Still getting the stupid "the Watch is malicious!" notice from my new ISP - which is to say their built-in internet nanny software has us flagged. :x They sent a tech out last week to check the speed - the problem was apparently on their end - but of course that did nothing to fix my access issue. Their dumb McAfee software is also blocking AVG from updating, and I also can't get my purchased products downloaded from the 3D graphics software website I've been using to make book covers. So I am going to have to call CenturyLink next week and raise holy hell with them about McAfee.

Had another internet-related issue, too: I have an Amazon FireStick that worked fine at the old place. I got it hooked up to the interwebz here just fine, then took some time picking out something to watch. When I went to download the show, suddenly the FireStick said the internet wasn't working anymore and I would have to hardwire the device to the modem via an ethernet cable. Huh? I found out there's a dongle for that purpose, but it's also possible my FireStick is kaput. I ordered a new FireStick and it's here, but before I install it, I'm going to try the old one again and see if it still can't find the interwebz.

In other news, I went to the MDV this past week to get a new driver's license, only to learn that I need an appointment (thanks, COVID-19) and their next available appointment was in October. 8O So I made the appointment. That's kinda sorta holding up my transferring of my voter registration to New Mexico. And I *need* to get that fixed before November 3rd...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”