Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Say Hello in HERE :)

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Welcome Spiral Jackobs, Patlogi and RoF. Check out the close and hile Troys think tank. Very enjoyable political/philosophical forums.
Last edited by Prebe on Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome!
Ghostrider
Stonedownor

Post by Ghostrider »

Hello one and all.

I'm from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, which if you look on a map, is the part of Michigan that looks like it's an extended arm of Wisconsin and is also the area that has most of Lake Superior's southern shoreline all to itself *Grins*. It's really much like its own state, minus the economy to support itself, doh! So we remain a part of Michigan. Beautiful country up here, though, I recommend that people take a stop up here sometime.

I started on the Chronicles because my uncle burrowed a book of mine that was given to me an X-mas present not two weeks before. When he finished the book, he promptly sold it to the used bookstore. :x

So, I definitely let him know how I felt about it. I was in 7th or 8th grade at the time (mid-90's), and he must have felt bad because next time he went to the used bookstore he brought me with him. I was looking for 3 or 4 books in exchange for the one he had sold, (it was brand spanking new after all, not to mention it had been a gift. :( )

So I set to looking for a series, something to keep me busy for a while. And lo and behold there were all three books of the first trilogy right there in the fantasy section. The rest is history.

I didn't discover the second chronicles until I was a freshman in college and perusing yet another used bookstore.

I did something really neat with this series. Since I found out the apartment building (a house divided into 4 apts.) I had grown up in was set to be demolished in favor of a parking lot, I spent two weeks of my summer venturing to the building just about every day, and reading the entire Second Chronicles on its porch. I didn't think I'd ever get to come back to the Land or that building again, it was a dual farewell.

Two days after I read the last word of WGW, my gf and I drove by the house to see it no longer stood. It was meant to be.

BUT...there's a Final Chronicles :D . Loved Runes of the Earth. Didn't find Anele annoying at all. Stave and Esmer just plain ROCK!! And for those of you who don't like Linden, I find that she's just as tortured as Covenant and is a great character. I mean, being locked away in an attic with a father as he bleeds to death? I think she definitely has her reasons for the way she is.

Anyway, that's it for now and that's me. :)

*bows deeply to all of my fellow Covenant fans*
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hello Spiral and ghostrider.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Welcome ghostrider. Great opening essay with nice symbolism. It's so cool that it sounds made up :) But reality luckily often surpasses fantasy.

When you have sown you SRD oats please take a look at the tank and the close forums. Good non-SRD related debates on philosophical and political issues. However, you will often find the odd quote thrown in just for good measure when appropriate :)
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to everybody new. Hope you're having fun here at the Watch. :D

--A

In Accepting the Gift...

Post by Guest »

Greetings!

I am new to the site, and a long-time fan of the Covenant Series. Thanks to whomever is responsible for this site...I stumbled onto it while searching for information on Fatal Revenant...having just finished Runes, I suddenly find myself feeling as though another 2 years is entirely too long to wait for Revenant to by published. I will have to content myself with further study of the Rhadhamaerl Lore in the meantime.

Anyway, I am off to see if my health sense can lead me to some interesting threads.

Peace,

The Seventh Ward
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Welcome to the Watch. Be welcome and true!

Have you been to SRD's site yet? The Gradual Interview is tiding many of us over until the release of Fatal Revenant.

The Gradual Interview

Post by Guest »

Thank You, Menolly for the gift of this knowledge. I was on the SRD site a couple of times, but have not really explored it much.

"In accepting the gift, one honors the giver." One of my favorites from TCTC. I poked up there briefly just now searching sandgorgons...there will be much interesting fodder for late nights while the family sleeps. Between that site and mining the threads here...I expect I will be able to keep busy until Fatal Revenant is released.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

welcome and well met Seventh Ward.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome, Seventh Ward!

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch. :)

djaef
Servant of the Land

Post by djaef »

Greetings to everyone at the Watch!

I'm a long time Covenant fan from Down Under - I bought the books when they came out, and have been lucky enought to meet Stephen and get all 6 signed by him :)

I'm thrilled about the new book and series. Can't wait for them!!

I don't know how much I'll get dragged into this place, but since I've just re-read the first 5 of the Covenant books in the last three weeks, my heads pretty full with it at the moment.

Oh, I've also read everything else Donaldson has written except Reave the Just and The Man who series... I LOVE The Gap series. That's just blisteringly good.

Anyway, that's me.

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch Djaef, be welcome and true. :) Take a look round, plenty to see and discuss. More to the Watch than meets the eye. ;)

Have fun,

Spring
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Spring »

Welcome! Like the avatar, though it doesn't beat mine. ;) 8)
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome djaef!
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

hello Djaef
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Hail and welcome to patlogi, The Seventh Ward, Ghostrider and djaef. :D
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Recluce
Woodhelvennin

Post by Recluce »

Well, after much berating by Cho Chiyo and Creator I've joined to at least look around. I know some of you by name through them, and I look forward to meeting others.

I've not read any of the books that this forum is centered around, but I am hoping I could at least borrow one *pokes Creator*. Failing that, I'll check out the local libraries. Failing that, I'll simply wander around ignorant of all. :biggrin:
Cute and deadly, still deadly.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome!

Creator, won't you loan Recluce your copy of LFB?

Return to “The Summonsing”