Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Retired Topic.

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Wow, appreciate your sharing that, SoulQuest!

Definitely the books are extremely evocative when it comes to agitating depression-related feelings.

They are almost like a path, through some very deep and dark corridors, but coupled with disassociation in that they are a work of fiction.

For me, they offered a whole new place from which to view real things.

Welcome to the board, and thanks for one of the very most amusing signatures I have ever had the good fortune to read! Procrastinate later ... :) indeed!
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Very cool SoulQuest! The same thing happened 2 me--with Sky's suggestion to reread the Chrons many years later alot of healing occured! Welcome to the Watch...be welcome, and true! :D
fall far and well Pilots!
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Hail and well met Soulquest! :) I too read the Chronicles back when they first came out. And have re-read them more times then I can count during the years. They touch me in so many ways, through so many different times in my life. It has always amazed me how Donaldson can make us love and hate Covenant at the same time. He truly is a genius.

Be welcome and true! This is a great board! :) :) :)
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Welcome SoulQuest. I appreciate what you've shared with us. Each of the COTC has interesting perspectives. I re read these terrific books when I'm suffering from writer's block. Great inspiration.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :) I wish I had known about this list a long time ago. It just never occured to me to look for one. Right now as a single mother of 3 living with another single mother, who happens to be bipolar, the rereading of TC is making huge impact on an entirely different level. I have this self-sacrifice thing happening. I call it the "Frodo complex." lol I am always out to save the world without thinking about what I need. Anyway, thank you for the welcome and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

BTW... a couple years ago I did a search for Donaldson and found his email. I sent him an email and he answered me back! We corrosponded a few times. That was just after my husband abandoned me during my last trimester with our 3rd child. Just the fact that he wrote back to me made a difference during that rough transition in my life.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Welcome SoulQuest :D Thank you for sharing with us, particularly so early in what I hope will be a long stay. Be welcome and true...
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

WOW!! Here's to you SoulQuest! :cheers: You are to be commended. It can't be easy being a single mom, especially in these times.

And I LOVE your nickname, AWESOME :) :)

(any chance of you sharing that email addy? I Would love to send SRD an appreciation email)
And I believe in you
I will remember you

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

Try this....

73063.256@compuserve.com

It does not look right to me, but I am not on my home computer right now. I am at school. When I get home I will look in my old saved emails for the address I sent to.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

-me

- Garfield

"We live we love

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

OH goodness, one of those compuserve thingies. It's a wonder people on that thing can remember their own, let alone others :)

Thankee SoulQuest! I'll give it a whirl :)
And I believe in you
I will remember you

Image Image
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Welcome SoulQuest!! What an awesome nic! Be very welcome and true! :D :D :D Another mom for the Kevinswatch parent brigade! We want pictures!! ;)

SoulQuest1970 wrote:That was just after my husband abandoned me during my last trimester with our 3rd child. Just the fact that he wrote back to me made a difference during that rough transition in my life.

Just in case you happen to be on good terms with this .....husband..... of yours now, I'll refrain from shouting all the colorful invectives that come immediately to mind. :evil: |G

mutter mutter bastard mutter mutter
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

What bird said!!! Even tho I can't read them, I'm sure they are my thoughts exactly on this said...ummm...husband :)
And I believe in you
I will remember you

Image Image
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

LOL Well I am on civilized kinda sorta, but not quite good terms with my ex. The terms would be better if I recieved child support, ah, but alas not. Anyway, birdandbear, you are in Ft Worth! I am in Arlington!! We be neighbors! How would I go about sending pics?

-me

- Garfield

"We live we love

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

There's actually an album on this site (see options above) for posting pics if there were any you wanted to share with the whole group (might not have been what you meant).

But you should have a decko (look) anyway, lots of good photos there, a set for photos of the crowd and another couple of sets for artwork/likenesses/covers etc re The Land.
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

Ok I added a couple pics to the album. The 2 pics are from xmas before last, but I have not scanned in any more recent pictures.

-me

- Garfield

"We live we love

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Cool SoulQuest! (You've got them on the general pics page instead of the 'Motley Crew' one but what the hey :D)

I'm up there too but you have to look under "Motley Crew" (there's a drop down box at the top of the photos).
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I'll move them to Motley Crew :)
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

We're keepin' yer bussy today Vain, eh?
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Have to do me chores at some point ;)
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Hey Neighbor! 8) That's really cool! Amazing to find another TC fan so close! Actually I live in Hurst, but nobody's ever heard of Hurst, so I just say Ft. Worth. :lol: ;)

DFW (Dallas/Ft. Worth), for anyone who's not familiar, is a huge metropolitan conglomerate that just sort of all bleeds together, made up of innumerable suburbs, covering a roughly 75 mile radius from approximately right where I live. :cry: :-x As stated above, that's Hurst. The H in HEB (E - Euless, B - Bedford.) Also known as the Midcities, 'cause the three relatively small sister cities are smack in between D and FW. A lot of people tend to just claim whichever of the big two they're closest to. ie: I'm from Ft. Worth. Arlington is actually just over the line from Euless, with a little bit of Ft.W morphing amoeba-like in between.

So we be relatively close neighbors at that! 8) :lol:

All that just to say that it takes us a good two hour drive if we want to see some open sky, and another two if we want to actually see some stars. :cry:

Some day I'm moving to Australia. Or maybe New Zealand. I've always had ambitions of being a sheep farmer. :?
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

Yeah we are neighbors! I am in Arlington on the Ft Worth boarder right off 30!

Dagnabit... my son is screaming at me "MAAAMMMMAAAAAA!!!!" and pointing for me to see Zooboomafoo with him. lol He is 2.

How old are your kids? Mine are 8, 5 and 3. My roommate's kids are 5 and 6. I go to school in Hurst at ATI. We should get together sometime! It will be great to have someone to tolk to that knows about TC. Yeesh... I am surrounded by... muggles. lol I find another word for it. Uncultured barbarians? lol

-me

- Garfield

"We live we love

-"We Live"
by Superchick

Return to “The Summonsing”