Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Retired Topic.

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Zooboomafoo? muggles? Oh, Australians? :D
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

I really need to get back here on a full time basis. There are quite a few new and active members that I havent met yet.

Greetings to Clearfrontier and SoulQuest and any others that I havent said g'day to yet. Glad to have you here and hope you have heaps of fun. :)
Roynish
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Roynish »

Hi. Good to be on board. I just started LFB for the fifth time and am enjoying it immensely. Have not read TC for about 3 years.
One question are there images of the ur-viles I can download. I find them to be a source of endless fascination. Corrupt yet intelligent. Way more interesting than orcs, lol.
Awesome site, great forum and great to see that one of the brains behind the whole thing took the name of my favourite fantasy character of all time Vain.
Excuse the naive enthusiasm as I am sure all of the above has been said many times.
Regards, Roynish
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

Hey Roynish! Welcome to the 'Watch!
You're gonna have a good time here. :)
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Love the nickname! What a word.

Not sure if anyone's had a stab at putting together a composit-t-t-t-t-e of an ur-vile. Agree with you on they're being a subject of my curiosity too.

I think most readers have a particular individual part of the story that piques their curiosity more than any other. For me is Doriendor Corishev, actually.
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Welcome Clearfrontier, SoulQuest & Roynish, be welcome and true!!!

You all seem like you will fit right in here - we all are passionate about TCTC and I think we all were touched by SRD's writing at some point.

Please, join in the fray & let us know your POV - check out the "dissecting" topic - this is the best place to really dig into the Chrons and explore your own insights......

Welcome again!

Earthy
"You're afraid of yourself."
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Hail and well met Roynish (always loved that word) :) Be welcome and true. :)
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

birdandbear wrote: Some day I'm moving to Australia. Or maybe New Zealand. I've always had ambitions of being a sheep farmer. :?
this is the brightest news I've heard today .. apart from having the privelege of attending an outstanding school concert tonight ;) LOL

beardandbear .. it would be an honour to see you on these fare shores!! I welcome you heartily and offer myself as tour and real-estate guide ;) .. if you do come you and yours will have a welcome place to stay till you get settled!!
birdandbear wrote:All that just to say that it takes us a good two hour drive if we want to see some open sky, and another two if we want to actually see some stars. :cry:

Yes do come to Oz .. there is nothing but open sky here and 5 mins in any direction you are in the bush/country. We have possums and echidnas in our back garden and lol .. we back onto Mt Roger :| <would you believe??? - my very most favouretest of TC characters ;) :P :? >8O :? and not so long ago we even had a roo hopped up our street!! unheard of in suburban SthAussie where I originally hail from ;)

This is the most beautiful country in the world .. with New Zealand coming a very close second .. ;) .. lol .. ;)

Welcome .. welcome and true Soul Quest and Roynish!! .. be very welcome among us!!!
Last edited by Skyweir on Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Gil galad
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gil galad »

I am absolutly sure that New Zealand is the most beautiful country in the world, with Aussie second. Over here we have the lovely southern alps, milford sounds, central plateaux mountains etc...
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Skyweir wrote:...our garden and back onto Mt Roger
Haha, yay! Sky's garden backs onto me! :lol: :oops:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

8O :P .. ah hah .. and so you are a Mountain too eh? lol ..

i know thats the only regret i have in living in this outstanding location .. lol :|

jedi_gms .. i lived in NZ for two years .. and it is a great place .. almost as good as living in the Land of Oz .. almost ;)

jk .. I love New Zealand ;) I havent spent as much time as I'd like on the south island ;) There's lots to love about NZ .. so true! ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Theo
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Theo »

Hi. I'm Theo.

I've been lurking here for a while, but Ylva Kresh convinced me to register to help swing the vote on the "What's Lord Foul's Bane, really?" issue. ;)

This is a pretty interesting place. I'm not a huge Donaldson scholar - I've read the first Chronicles two-and-a-half times, and the second just once - and I confess to having a bit of a love-and-hate relationship to them, but they're never indifferent or uninteresting. This place really reminds me of that.

See you around...
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

Success! :lol:

Oh, by the way: welcome!
SLATFATF...
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Welome Theo, I've been around for nearly 2 weeks and its been a lot of fun. Enjoy!
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Hail and well met Theo :) be welcome and true.

btw...just how did you vote???

*eyes narrow darkly*
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Peter Minister

Origional "Land" sculptures

Post by Peter Minister »

Oh my God!./

Just had to firstly say what an incredible site. Stupidly, I did beleive for a long time that I was one of very few Covenant devotee's. Some of the very inciteful comments and thoughts on the site have made me (yet again) reach for my very tired and worn copy of Lord fould bane.

I work as a sculptor by trade. I produce masters for a number of companies producing resin figurines. I have tried to e mail the site moderator directly with little success as I wanted to source potential interest in the notion of me producing very limited edition sculptures of some of the notables from the books. This is something I did start a number of years ago but found myself "despairing" in a Covenant kind of way as I did not think I had an audience for the work. Do any of you have any imm,ediate thoughts on this?.

To prove my mettle...and dispel any notions that I am less than credible I would be more than happy to send j pegs of some of my work to any or all who wish to see it.

My e mail is Minister_peter@hotmail.com

What a wonderful bunch of people.

Thank you

Peter
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Welcome, all. Welcome and true.

It's good to have a dissenting viewpoint around... as well as a sculptor. If you felt like showing off your work, the gallery would be a good place for it, Peter. As far as selling it... eh, might be a little iffy, but you're more than welcome to put up anything in The Rag Shop at my site (click on "Autarch " in my sig).
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Tohrm
Ramen

Post by Tohrm »

It has been many moons since I was here in the land last. I have been on a quest of sorts. One to search for myself. And instead of finding myself, I have found more questions than answers. Ah well, it is meaning of life to not know the answers til the end anyway. I have noticed that there are many things that have occured since my last time, most of which are to the good. That gives me much hope, my friends. For no matter how the despiser assails us, we shall all be true to the end. Methinks I will have to pay more attention to the land than I have during these past months. Just to keep up with the things that are current.
The dead are dead-only the living may hope to resist Despite
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Okay...I haven't had time to reply in this thread for awhile, so here goes several replies at once:
SoulQuest wrote:How old are your kids? Mine are 8, 5 and 3. My roommate's kids are 5 and 6. I go to school in Hurst at ATI. We should get together sometime! It will be great to have someone to tolk to that knows about TC. Yeesh... I am surrounded by... muggles. lol I find another word for it. Uncultured barbarians? lol
My son is 7, and my daughter is 21 mos. They are all I need to know about God. And the Devil. :goodnevil: :crazy: :LOLS:

I'd love to get together sometime! :D But I think I'd like to get to know each other online a little first. You never know, I might be a psycho-killer. :twisted: ;)

Skyweir wrote:Yes do come to Oz .. there is nothing but open sky here and 5 mins in any direction you are in the bush/country. We have possums and echidnas in our back garden and lol .. we back onto Mt Roger <would you believe??? - my very most favouretest of TC characters > and not so long ago we even had a roo hopped up our street!! unheard of in suburban SthAussie where I originally hail from
WOW! How cool is that!? Alas! The way our finances are looking, it will be many years before we can move to another continent! 8O ;) But It's been a lifetime goal of both mine and my husbands to live in Oz someday since we were first married. Someday we'll do it! And We'll finally get to meet all my Kevinswatch friends from down under. :D :D :D

Welcome Roynish, Theo, and Peter Minister!!! :D :D :D Welcome one and all!! New people rock!! :R

And Welcome back Tohrm!! 8O :D :D :D It's good to see you here again!! |G

I also saw Phoebe post very recently!! :D :D :D
*waves* Hi Phoebe!! ;)
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Okay...I haven't had time to reply in this thread for awhile, so here goes several replies at once:

SoulQuest wrote:
How old are your kids? Mine are 8, 5 and 3. My roommate's kids are 5 and 6. I go to school in Hurst at ATI. We should get together sometime! It will be great to have someone to tolk to that knows about TC. Yeesh... I am surrounded by... muggles. lol I find another word for it. Uncultured barbarians? lol

My son is 7, and my daughter is 21 mos. They are all I need to know about God. And the Devil. :goodnevil: :crazy: :LOLS:

I'd love to get together sometime! :D But I think I'd like to get to know each other online a little first. You never know, I might be a psycho-killer. :twisted: ;)

Skyweir wrote:
Yes do come to Oz .. there is nothing but open sky here and 5 mins in any direction you are in the bush/country. We have possums and echidnas in our back garden and lol .. we back onto Mt Roger <would you believe??? - my very most favouretest of TC characters > and not so long ago we even had a roo hopped up our street!! unheard of in suburban SthAussie where I originally hail from

WOW! How cool is that!? Alas! The way our finances are looking, it will be many years before we can move to another continent! 8O ;) But It's been a lifetime goal of both mine and my husbands to live in Oz someday since we were first married. Someday we'll do it! And We'll finally get to meet all my Kevinswatch friends from down under. :D :D :D

Welcome Roynish, Theo, and Peter Minister!!! :D :D :D Welcome one and all!! New people rock!! :R

And Welcome back Tohrm!! 8O :D :D :D It's good to see you here again!! |G

I also saw Phoebe post very recently!! :D :D :D
*waves* Hi Phoebe!! ;)[/quote]
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."

Return to “The Summonsing”