Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Say Hello in HERE :)

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hello jimoly.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Newb here. SRD fan since the 70's but just found this site. Great resource for learning what has or could happen. I'm into something like my tenth reading of the six TC books. I read the 7th a couple of months ago; when I heard it would be next fall at least before 8 was out, I 'bout cried. Talk about your cliffhangers. SRD is a genius, IMHO. He makes you THINK, not just read and be entertained. I heard or read a blurb somewhere about a book or short story detailing Korik's mission. Anyone know anything about this? Please share if you do. A year is a long time to wait for new SRD. Thanks, nice to meet you all.
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Hail Rocksister! Welcome! Be welcome and true!~ :wave:
fall far and well Pilots!
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Thanks, Danlo. Your hospitality honors me. In accepting it, I give honor to the giver. I have to ask; what is this show you want to come back? I'm sure I'll kick myself when you tell me; your sig sounds awfully familiar. I had the First of the Search in mind when looking for an avatar; aiming for a towering muscular Viking female warrior. Missed my aim; know where I can dowload that? Looked all over the net. Don't want Xena......

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

hello rocksister.
the Korik story you refer to has been mentioned often here, as it is a favourite among many. It was published twice. Once as a separate short story in it's only book, and once in a collection of SRD short stories called, "Daughter of Regals".
ALL of SRD's short story collections are fantastic and I recommend them to all.

And welcome to The Watch.
:wave:
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
jwaneeta
Bloodguard

Post by jwaneeta »

Hail, rocksister! Most welcome are you. Nice username, btw. :D
the rue of the melody could not be mistaken
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Thanks for the welcome, Jwaneeta. Usivius, I am going to kick myself. I have Daughter of Regals, as well as all SRD's books except the Axbrewder series. (Read one, didn't care for it. ) I will dig it back out (DOR) and read Korik's mission story. I also read a collection of SRD's short stories, but forget the name of it. Had Djinn of the Accursed in it. I also have the Gap series (not as much a sci-fi fan as I am fantasy). Yea, the user name required some thought. The 2nd chronicles' story of Pitchwife and the First inspired it. The First of the Search is one of my favorite SRD characters. Looking forward to "talking" to more people of the Land here..........

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Hail Rocksister, welcome to Kevins Watch. :D
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

It's LOST and, fortunately, it returns tomorrow night. Wow that's rough I have a major crush on the First--you know if you have an older copy of Daughters of Regals-Gilden Fire (or korik's mission) is not included. It's only in post '86 copies... 8)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Rocksister wrote:I had the First of the Search in mind when looking for an avatar; aiming for a towering muscular Viking female warrior. Missed my aim; know where I can dowload that? Looked all over the net. Don't want Xena......
Hey again ... now, somewhere here in the watch there was a picture someone did with Covenant, Brinn, Pitchwife, Linden, and the First all in it ...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome Rocksister. :D Look around and join in wherever you like. :D

Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Welcome, Rocksister!

spacemonkey
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by spacemonkey »

Be Wecome,and True Rocksister!! Glad to have aboard with us here,look around,jump in! See ya around!!!! :welcome: *waves to Rocksister*
There is one Law
that the Wild Magic
can Destroy or Maintain
for good or ill
BE TRUE!!!

Floating High But I'm Always Down......
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome!
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Wow, I feel so WELCOME here! Thanks everyone. I checked and I DON'T have Daughter of Regals. YIKES!!! Must buy NOW. So I guess I never saw the Korik story. Amazon, here I come!!! And also going to start a hardback collection of ALL SRD's TC books. So far only have OLD paperbacks. Pitiful; I've read them over and over again. They are practically rotten, but oh, so loved. I saw the t-shirts; any of you buy one yet? Love the "do you rave?" one the best. Great quote for any occasion. Ha ha!

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Welcome, Rocksister! :D

As danlo said, Gilden-Fire is not in all copies of Daughter of Regals. But it is in the edition that came out just after Runes. There's lots of discussion of G-F, including some of its own threads. Lyr was supposed to have read it very recently???
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Fist and Faith wrote:Welcome, Rocksister! :D

As danlo said, Gilden-Fire is not in all copies of Daughter of Regals. But it is in the edition that came out just after Runes. There's lots of discussion of G-F, including some of its own threads. Lyr was supposed to have read it very recently???
:oops:

I got sidetracked with Lord Foul's Bane. I'm within 30 pages of finishing that, and when I do Gildenfire will be next, I promise. And you'll be the very first one to know, Fist. :D By the way. . . I think I need to buy the Daughter of Regals book as well, because I have never read the Korik story either.

~Lyr

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

You should only read GildenFire in the middle of the IllEarth War. It's the tale of the mission to the Giants. (And GildenFire is the story in the edition of Daughter of Regals that they're talking about. ;) )

--A
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Avatar is correct! We dissected it right there during The Illearth War Group Read. 8)
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Avatar wrote:You should only read GildenFire in the middle of the IllEarth War. It's the tale of the mission to the Giants. (And GildenFire is the story in the edition of Daughter of Regals that they're talking about. ;) )

--A
Thank you for clarifying. .. I was beginning to get confused. :D I finally finished LFB. . . only to discover that I have misplaced my new copy of the Illearth War. :cry: I'm going to have to go on a mission to find it when I return from my weekend in St. Louis. . .

~Lyr

Return to “The Summonsing”