Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Retired Topic.

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Really, Danlo? Im from Bahhhhhhston, the Olde Towne....

Welcome, Hile Troy! Welcome Davin! Welcome and true... Ive actually only read the Chronicles...nothing else by SRD...
Davin
Servant of the Land

Post by Davin »

A tiny town in West Virginia.
Hile Troy
Woodhelvennin

Post by Hile Troy »

Lord Mhoram wrote: Welcome, Hile Troy! Welcome Davin! Welcome and true... Ive actually only read the Chronicles...nothing else by SRD...
IMHO, the chronicles is the best stuff I have read of his to date. I have also read the Gap Story and am at this present time slowly chugging along through his Reave the Just anthology.

I haven't read his Daughter of Regal anthology and the Mordant duology. But all three volumes are sitting in my read pile. :)
Last edited by Hile Troy on Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I myself am slowly chugging through The Gap series. The third book - A dark and hungry God arises - is bogging me down at the moment.

It has taken on a different degree of complexity that I feel the need to concentrate on more.
Hile Troy
Woodhelvennin

Post by Hile Troy »

Vain wrote:I myself am slowly chugging through The Gap series. The third book - A dark and hungry God arises - is bogging me down at the moment.

It has taken on a different degree of complexity that I feel the need to concentrate on more.

Yeah, The Gap Story is alot more raw. Centering more on the inter-relationships of it's characters. The characters themselves are the center-stage while the storyline progression are a backdrop.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I don't know yet if a Dissecting the Gap will ever be needed :)
KrillOfLoric
Servant of the Land

Post by KrillOfLoric »

Hi, I'm new to the forum as you can see...

If anyone has a good pic of the Krill, please send it to me

ddloehr@yahoo.com
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Hi KoL!! Welcome!!
fall far and well Pilots!
Archimage
Servant of the Land

Post by Archimage »

Greetings.

Just thought I'd make my presence known. Wonderful to find a forum for just a brilliant author, and the Thomas Covenant double trilogy. I plan to dig out the books and read them again (fourth time or fifth time I think), so I can participate in the discussions. Hope to find a good tag line for my signature as well :) .

Looking forward to many hours of catching up with all the posts :lol:

Archimage
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Hi! - welcome- hurry!
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Welcome, Archimage! Start reading NOW!!!

Join us in 'Dissecting the Land' thread - we will be discussing chaps 5 & 6 starting Sat., Oct. 12th.

Feel free to join the fray!
"You're afraid of yourself."
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Archimage, be welcome, welcome and true on Kevins Watch. Nice av!
Archimage
Servant of the Land

Post by Archimage »

Thanks for such a warm welcome.

Glad you like the avatar, Lord Mhoran. Its only one of the gallery ones, but it suffices until I can create my own. The Archimage is the title given to the ultimate magic user in a game I'm working on.

Hundreds of posts for me still to read - currently reading up on the chances and possible storylines of a third trilogy. Think I'll finish that thread and then settle down with the first book. :)

I'll probably still be reading at 6 am the next morning :wink:. Knowing me, I probably won't stop until I've finished all the books again.

The Archimage

P.S. Anyone know a) Whats happening with the MUD idea, and b) why many of the posts are dated 1970?
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Here are the answers to the best of my knowledge:

a) That topic is quite old, and was only revived recently, so there has been no word on the MUD for some time.

b) The Watch was hacked a while back, and it messed up the dates :x Hackers! :x
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

I went into Lumikant's('creator' of the MUD) profile(sneaky ol' me :lol:) and he had a link to a site in it. I clicked on it, and it was a Covenant MUD site. I didnt have the software to play it or whatever, so I left it alone. Its called...something of the Clave...I cant remember.
Gossamer Glowlimn
Servant of the Land

Post by Gossamer Glowlimn »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been reading the thread about the third trilogy and have met a few of you already.

Everytime I finish reading the chron's, I go through withdrawls. Not this time though, I can talk about them as much as I want!

I'm really enjoying reading the posts from the discussions on the group read. There are so many interesting points that are brought up that even after reading and pondering the books for years, I'm suduced all over again into the land. (wasn't that a topic of discussion for ch 5&6?)

One last thing, I absolutly love the art gallery! Great pics.

Gossamer Glowlimn
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Hi

Post by birdandbear »

I guess I should have posted that last message here. :wink:
I just wanted to reiterate how happy I am to be here. Absolutely ecstatic at finding fellow Covenant fans. At Last! I'm very much looking forward to talking with all of you.

BTW: can anyone fill me in on the group read, and how it works?
That sounds way cool.
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Greetings birdandbear! Glad u r here--it's rather simple: Just go 2 the Step up to the Plate topic in the Dissecting the Land forum and it will show u the dates the posting begins and who is leading those chapters: example Sept 5th LFB chapts 1&2-danlo. What that means is that u have a week to read those 2 chapts--and as soon as I (or whomever is leading that week's discussion) creates that topic and begins posting--u can post! But please try 2 concentrate on the subject matter found in those chapters. If u would like 2 lead a group read on specific chapters notify Vain in Step up to the Plate. We try 2 all read the assigned chapter together--but if u're catching up feel free to post on any "dissection" that has gone b4.
Last edited by danlo on Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dag son of Dag
Ramen

Greetings, friends

Post by Dag son of Dag »

I`ve just registered, and I`m absolutely thrilled of finally finding a place dedicated to Stephen Donaldson. He`s an incredibly powerful author (maybe too powerful, I`m on my second reading of the Illearth War now and I`m not looking forward to the second half of the book, still I just can`t stop reading). Anyhow, I hope there`ll be a lot of fascinating discussions here in the future.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Greetings Dag, bird, and Gossamer :)

The Art Gallery is there for everybody to use. I'm hoping for personal artwork :)

And yes. There's just enough of SRD on the web. We intend changing all that ;)

Return to “The Summonsing”