Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Retired Topic.

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Greetings newbies - be welcome - welcome and true!

It is awesome having an intelligent place to discuss our fav author!

Dag - don't stop reading! Keep posting your thoughts as you read.

You all should think about joining the dissection of the Land group read - it is really cool & you will get different views of the story you hadn't thought about - guaranteed!

Go to the main forum index & look for 'Dissecting the Land'

Welcome again! :D 8)
"You're afraid of yourself."
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I checked back and it has been close on 8 months since this particular version of the discussion started up. I'm not too sure how old the original version was?
SunSage
Servant of the Land

Post by SunSage »

Hello all, This site and forum was a nice surprise to one who loved the chronicals of TC. I'm looking forward towards the lively discussions !!!
Always in search for Andelain !!!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Hi Sunsage! What's shaking? Be welcome and true! Sorry! We all need 2 move our butts out of Dissecting the Land over 2 the TC forum, respond 2 some of the posts over here, and say hi 2 wonderful new folk, like u!!! :D
fall far and well Pilots!
Hile Troy
Woodhelvennin

Post by Hile Troy »

Greetings Archimage, Gossamer, BaB, Dag, and SunSage! And welcome to our humble abode dedicated to works of author Stephen R Donaldson! Glad you can join us and enjoy! :D
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Hey, all. Second time here. Thought I'd register this time. See you around the board.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Welcome Sylvanus! Good to have you here!
Hile Troy
Woodhelvennin

Post by Hile Troy »

Hello Sylvanus! Glad you can join us!
SLKRR
Servant of the Land

Post by SLKRR »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd add a post here, since I'm new to this board. I first read the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant about 9 years ago when I was in college. Interestingly, a friend had given me the books and recommended them highly. They promptly began to gather dust on my bookshelf until about a year later when I finally decided that I didn't have anything else to read and I would try them.

At the time, I "wasn't into" fantasy, so there was no great appeal. That sure changed. I was hooked immediately, and read through them at an accelerating pace ... I think I must have read Power That Preserves in one sitting (probably not, but it felt like it). It was winter time, and I could never seem to get the thermostat high enough to feel warm - the cold just soaks into your bones when you read that one.

The copies I had were old, and it wasn't until some time later that I learned there actually was a *second* Chronicles. I read through them almost as fast as the first and loved them even more.

Great discussion board for some truly great works of literature - a series that transcends its genre.

Glad to make your acquaintances!

Later,
Simeon
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Hail and Welcome to our newest members. Jump on in and take the plunge. We're friendly folk mostly ;) That's of course unless a Raver invades :)

I'm just the resident mechaninc - you guys are the engine so rev those engines ;)
Waynhim_Metalhead
Servant of the Land

Post by Waynhim_Metalhead »

Hi Guys...hope to post a bit in here..gonna have a good look round...like what i see so far :D
Be True
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Welcome Every1! ( 8O they're coming @ us faster than an Ur-vile wedge!) |V
Hile Troy
Woodhelvennin

Post by Hile Troy »

lol @ danlo!

Be welcome and true new servants of the Land! :)
Daemon Spawn
Servant of the Land

Been lurking around for a while...

Post by Daemon Spawn »

I've been lurking around this site for the last several months...

I just finished the 2nd Chronicles a few weeks ago, TWL took me 4 months to get through, it ripped my heart out :(

I decided to re-read the entire series last week, only to find out that this board is "dissecting the land" at the same time! I have a little catchup to do, but I'll join ya over there soon!

This site and this dis board are way too cool! 8) 8) 8)
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

Greetings everybody. I just found this site when surfing for some Stephen Donaldson sites and decided to try logging on here and making a new identity.

As you can probably understand from my name and signature I am a great fan of SRD's shorter work as well as of the Chronicles. This is mostly because I have great trouble putting down any SRD books if I start reading them, and thus it suits me a lot better to read shorter works. :)
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Hile Troy
Woodhelvennin

Post by Hile Troy »

Be welcome and true Ryzel and Daemon! Glad you have found your way to Kevin's Watch! Enjoy!
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Were a friendly lot here. Always welcoming new members!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

SRD devotee's.. join the faithful Watch-folk that
gather to the Watch!!

Be welcome among us .. welcome and true!!
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

... hi folks.

... hopefully I haven't decided on a nickname too close too anyone else's ... if so ... no offence intended.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

SScool as long as u're not foamfollower28657...Welcome LW! And all I've missed! Be welcome and true!!!

Return to “The Summonsing”