Farewell

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

sorus - i left (maybe twice?) and came back. so if/when you come back we will welcome you.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Ahhh Sorus.....Glad to hear from you again, sorry you won't be staying (really wish you'd reconsider).
Don't talk to strangers
'Cause they're only there to do you harm
Don't write in starlight
'Cause the words may come out real

Don't hide in doorways
You may find the key that opens up your soul
Don't go to heaven
'Cause it's really only hell
I'll miss your taste in music.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Whoa, that was unexpected. Damn good post Xar, I won't repeat it except to agree we'll be here whenever you want to come back. *shakes head* Hope it's soon...don't let the bastards grind you down.

--A
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Sorry Sorus.
I hope everything works out for you!
(You could always make a "Sorus' Venting" thread for those time you want to let off some steam around some friends)
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

What they said. We'll miss you, Sorus. Come back when you're ready. (Notice I didn't say "if". Ali's thinking positively here. ;) )

And a note to any other Watchers who are having a problem that they suspect might be Watch-related: I'm not a mod and I can't speak for any of them, but I am confident that each and every one of them would step up and help out. But they can't fix something they don't know about.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Aw man, Sorus.

Like Xar said, you and I have not interacted much, but you will be missed anyway. Concentrate on taking care of you. You know where to find us whenever you want us.
aliantha wrote: And a note to any other Watchers who are having a problem that they suspect might be Watch-related: I'm not a mod and I can't speak for any of them, but I am confident that each and every one of them would step up and help out. But they can't fix something they don't know about.
:goodpost:
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Who sh*t over her anyways?

Let's find out and kick his a$$
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I thank you all for your kind words, but I brought this upon myself, and I take full responsibility for my actions.

Yes, I was under a great deal of stress, but as I have said before, I can be an antisocial.... witch.

Anonymous Creep is not worth my time. If they would like to have a rational conversation with me, I would welcome it. While I do agree that it was immature and probably an overreaction, the fact remains that I instigated it by making an insensitive comment in the first place.

As to taking it up with a mod, I was a mod (obviously not a very good one), and it has never been my style to run crying to the leadership when someone calls me a bad name. I have pretty thick skin, and what hurt me was not that someone took it upon themselves to spam me with (rather unoriginal - really, an SRD fan should have been able to come up with better) insults, but the fact that I had potentially hurt others in a community that had never treated me with anything but respect and kindness.

If this same individual has been harassing other people - Duchess, I hope this is unrelated to your bad experiences - then I am sorry I did not bring it to public attention. I thought it was a private, isolated matter, and I handled it as such. (In the end I handled it by blocking them from sending me mail, as my attempts at diplomacy were ignored.)

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Get back here, this is ridiculous-this idiot who's been bugging you just got who know who mad!
fall far and well Pilots!
Fangthane the Render
Ramen

Post by Fangthane the Render »

:x
"You Cannot Hope"
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Alright folks, it's time I own up. I was the anonymous sender of email to Popkin. I tried hard to put up with Popkin, but everything Popkin said made me angry. Popkin insulted my mother, then insulted my taste in art and music, and then put into question my ability to rule space and time. I created multiple email accounts to accost Popkin, and hired a hitman to take Popkin out. I found where Popkin lived, and spied on Popkin through the window. I bought a gun and everything. Then...

Oh, wait...we are talking about Sorus. Umm....never mind. She's cool in my book. Sorus, come back to the five and dime!
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Did Popkin's fate also involve a blender?

More seriously...I hear you, Sorus.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Arrgghh...

Okay, have I overreacted? Has anyone here been personally offended by my actions?

Be brutally honest, please.

Came back to say goodbye and can't seem to get out the door... how ironic is that?

kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

You all just need to let me know when someone is being an ass on here. Why else do I have a Ban Stick? Heh.-jay
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Yeah, but I left because *I* was being an ass. :P

Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Not OUR Captain!! |G
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

It sounds like everyone here has forgiven you, though. :biggrin: -jay
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Sorus wrote:Arrgghh...

Okay, have I overreacted? Has anyone here been personally offended by my actions?

Be brutally honest, please.

Came back to say goodbye and can't seem to get out the door... how ironic is that?
I've missed seeing you in Vespers and the Gap forum. You've not offended me, and I miss seeing your posts in "What are you listening to?" so I can find new stuff to listen to.

Offended? Hell no.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

:hithead:

Yeah, it does seem that way. In which case, I've just made an idiot out of myself with this whole thread. :?

Seriously though, if anyone is still has an issue with me I am very sorry, and I will be more careful with what I say, and not come here in the first place when I'm in a bad mood.

kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Ah, don't worry about. I constantly make an idiot of myself on this forum.-jay

Return to “The Summonsing”