Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Say Hello in HERE :)

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

KimberlyCrawley wrote:OH...Ok....thanks for the info...but since I have already read them it's no sweat.

Ah, OK! My bad.
I thought you were saying since you got the first two of the Last Chrons as Chr-stmas gifts that you were just now in the midst of reading them. I didn't want them to be spoiled for you.

I know as slowly as I read, if I had gotten them for Chr-stmas, I might be up to page 125 of Runes by now...
...maybe.
KimberlyCrawley wrote:And I'll watch myself as well....don't want to spoil the the books for anyone else.
As Orlion said, that's right kind.
We do try hard to preserve the freshness of the books for those who are first coming across them. :)
KimberlyCrawley
Stonedownor

Post by KimberlyCrawley »

I literally devoured both books. And loved them both. I always was a very fast reader but these two books...wow... kept me riveted....I could not put them down!
Kimberly Layne Jordan Crawley
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Welcome KimberlyCrawley. Transylvania University? Cats without legs? 49 years old? You're going to have to come with some better oddities to stand out around here. :wink:
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Welcome to all the noobs! (Even Kim, despite the fact that I'm a Hoosier... ;) )

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
KimberlyCrawley
Stonedownor

Hahaha! Oh really??? That's comforting!

Yes, Transylvania University...Jefferson Davis is one among many dignitaries who attended....oldest University this side of the Allegheny Mountains.

Yes, poor Nubby was born with out legs...it would be like if you had your arms cut off above the elbow. She has stumps. And one of her ears is underdeveloped. But she sure gets around.

And I JUST turned 49 in December....so I'm closer to 48.....LOL

But feel free to top my oddities...makes me feel better!!!! :lol:
KimberlyCrawley
Stonedownor

Uh Oh....there's Hoosier's here???? LOL!!!!!!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

KimberlyCrawley wrote:Uh Oh....there's Hoosier's here???? LOL!!!!!!
Maybe... :twisted:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

KimberlyCrawley wrote:I literally devoured both books.
That's certainly plenty of fiber! :wink:

Anyway, always nice to hear from readers like you who really enjoyed Runes and FR.
KimberlyCrawley
Stonedownor

Great....now I'm gonna have to find a really cool UK avatar. Decisions, decisions.

And yes, I used every free minute I had to read the Runes and Fatal. They were great....and I'm looking forward to the third installment. I hope they move the date up from October.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I don't know anything about a rivalry between UK and the Illini.
But I do know the Illini is the home of Straight No Chaser :thumbsup:

*just FYI, for n00bs...
blue text is usually a link*
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Menolly wrote:I don't know anything about a rivalry between UK and the Illini.

*just FYI, for n00bs...
Hokay, for starters, IU is Indiana University, not the University of Illinois. Indiana is the Hoosiers and Illinois is the Illini. I went to Indiana, of course, which is a *much* cooler school than that place where the Illini hang out. ;) And yes, Straight No Chaser started at Indiana.

The rivalry between IU and UK is pretty friendly, actually. Both Indiana and Kentucky are big basketball states, which is where it comes from. But IU doesn't go after UK the way we go after Purdue, for instance. (I used to have a t-shirt with a giant screw through the middle of a Boilermaker. The caption read, of course, "Screw Purdue". It was awesome. :lol:)

Apologies for hijacking the thread. I'm done now. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

aliantha wrote:
Menolly wrote:I don't know anything about a rivalry between UK and the Illini.

*just FYI, for n00bs...
Hokay, for starters, IU is Indiana University, not the University of Illinois. Indiana is the Hoosiers and Illinois is the Illini. I went to Indiana, of course, which is a *much* cooler school than that place where the Illini hang out. ;) And yes, Straight No Chaser started at Indiana.
Oops. :oops:
See what I know about other schools?
F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!!

...and OK, I'm done too... ;)
KimberlyCrawley
Stonedownor

It wasn't Indiana we had a problem with....it was Bobby Knight. So glad he's gone!!!!!!

Louisville is probably our biggest rival....what with Ricky boy being the head coach and all.

Tennessee is probably next, North Carolina and LSU. Their are probably others with their own list...but all the great old coaches that you loved to hate are basically gone now. Too bad!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch Kimberly. :D

--A
woodzter
Servant of the Land

HI

Post by woodzter »

I'm glad to be able to have contact with other fans of SRD. In my world, i'm practically the only one. I'm not sure I'm doing this right. This discussion set up is awesome but I feel like I'm still in a transitional period, maybe like when TC first came to the land. I might even still be struggling with whether this is real, if all of you out there really exist. I'm not going to rape anyone or anything but I do fear that I'll do something not cool- maybe I just did? :oops:
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Well, be welcome at the Watch... take a look around, take in the sights, and then feel free to let us know if we're real or not :P
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome!
woodzter
Servant of the Land

Post by woodzter »

thanks for the welcome. I have read the first two trilogies numerous times and have read the first two of the last chronicles twice. I love the books- all of them and I think the last chronicles is comparable in quality to the first two.
Spoiler
I have one bugging concern with the last chronicles- and there is probably a thread somewhere that follows this: where were all the Insequent when the bane fire was threatening the land? Oh I get it that the Theomach fought Austin Ken Ardenol and later lost to Brin but that is a sideshow and I think a week way to try to tie the Insequent into the books. I mean, C'mon, couldn't we get a better explanation of why they didn't show there face at any of the sensitive times of the history of the land when Foul threatened to break the arch of time? The Elohim were concerned about it- why not the Insequent? Still, I think the Insequent are a pretty cool addition to the books, just wondered if any other readers felt this way about all these new folk who never showed thier faces earlier?
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Hi there, welcome to the Watch.

If you want to discuss the Last Chronicles, you should head over to the Last Chronicles forums. We try to be careful about spoilers, in case someone who hasn't read the last books stumbles upon your post.

-jay
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, woodzter.
Be Well Come and True.

Return to “The Summonsing”