Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Say Hello in HERE :)

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Welcome horizonscan! I'm particularly happy that you persevered with the Gap - it's my favourite series of any writer, ever, and I've only read it once (and a bit...)

And yeah, I wish I had a teacher, or anyone else, that would recommend SRD!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

Sincere welcome to all the people who have recently joined. (It has been so long since I posted that I may fall into that category too. :lol: )
... nobody I know.
sammadhi
Stonedownor

Post by sammadhi »

well, i guess ill say...................................................................................................................................................................................hello
Groveler!!!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch Sammadhi. :D

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

...I can't believe I'm saying this to a raver. ;)

Be Welcome to the Watch, sammadhi.
Be Well Come and True.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Welcome to the noobs. (And welcome back, AjK! ;) )

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
sammadhi
Stonedownor

Post by sammadhi »

:twisted: mwah hah ha :twisted:
Groveler!!!
halfhanded
Servant of the Land

Post by halfhanded »

Hey, new here myself.

I first read Lord Foul's Bane back in high school, about 17 years ago, on the advice of a friend. Since then I have read the first two series at least 30 times each. In fact, the book my friend loaned to me I still have... lol

I have never been a "fantasy" book reader, but I have to say this series has captured my attention. I hope one day they attempt to make a decent film series out of these books, or even possibly an HBO or Showtime maxi-series.

I for one would love to see that.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch HalfHanded. :D Join in anywhere.

There's a whole forum for discussion of the (already once planned but now apparently stalled) TC Movies.

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, halfhanded.
Be Well Come and True.

Listen to the wise admin and check out the TC Movie Discussion forum. You may find much of interest there.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

StevieG wrote: And yeah, I wish I had a teacher, or anyone else, that would recommend SRD!
Heh...off "hello" topic...but when I was teaching public school, I did an 8 week unit with Oedipus, "The Scottish Play," and a couple stories from "Daughter of Regals."

On topic: Greetings, new folk [heh..not you Stevie...] and the movie threads are kinda fun, though a little slow lately.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

[off topic] On ya, Vraith!! [/off topic]
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

Sincere welcome to sammadhi and halfhanded! Enjoy your time here, the people are awesome...
... nobody I know.
sklls
Servant of the Land

Post by sklls »

:wink: Hey there,my names richard. feel free to add me on msn. love this site! big up all unbelievers...
love is always paitent and kind;it is never jealous,love is never boastful or conceited;it is never rude or selfish;it does not take offense,and is not resentful.love takes no pleasure in sin but delights in the truth;it is always ready to excuse,to trust,to hope,and to endure whatever comes. love does not come to an end.

Covenant- "And if you fail?" "You already believe you're unworthy. How much more do you think you can stand?"

Brinn- "I will know the truth. Any being who cannot bear the truth is indeed unworthy."
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, sklls.
Be Well Come and True.
sklls
Servant of the Land

Post by sklls »

:wink:Cheers menolly. so..... how did you come across thomas :poke:
love is always paitent and kind;it is never jealous,love is never boastful or conceited;it is never rude or selfish;it does not take offense,and is not resentful.love takes no pleasure in sin but delights in the truth;it is always ready to excuse,to trust,to hope,and to endure whatever comes. love does not come to an end.

Covenant- "And if you fail?" "You already believe you're unworthy. How much more do you think you can stand?"

Brinn- "I will know the truth. Any being who cannot bear the truth is indeed unworthy."
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I was introduced to him by the guy I was dating my freshman year of university. Back in fall of 1978, that was.

Same guy who introduced me to LotR.

Prior to that, I was an Asimov/Bradbury/The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction kind of gal...
sklls
Servant of the Land

Post by sklls »

:wink: So that would make you 53? :P

sklls
Servant of the Land

Post by sklls »

:wink: so that would make you fithty three? :wink:

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*ulp*
no...
fifty on the nose.

Return to “The Summonsing”