Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Retired Topic.

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Durris
Giantfriend

Post by Durris »

Greetings, Revelstone_dweller, be welcome and true.

MokshaFoul, your kind pardon; I was high on Westron Mountains tea the other night and not responsible for my actions. :oops:
Shared pain is lessened; shared joy is increased.
--Spider Robinson
Taiga Tzu
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Taiga Tzu »

Runnik wrote:Moksha, I know a Forestal that is anxious to meet you.
Indeed! (Although I try to be openminded these days. It wood not do to attack a reformed Raver.)
One wide forest of sentience and passion filled all the region - one mind and heart alive in every leaf and bough of every tree among the many myriad throngs and glory of the woods.Image
Moksha Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moksha Foul »

Indeed, it wouldn't! After all, I've no reason to harm/hate trees now. We Fouls aren't stupid, you know. *sigh* You may've met my nephew, Leo. He goes out into the forests every day, trying to get the attention of a Forestal. He wants to be one. Turiya has polluted Sam's mind with stories of wood nymphs as well.

Durris, I'm glad you apologize. You've still invited to the yearly worm races, the biyearly lettuce tosses, and the three-monthly bowling-ball basketball games.

By the way, Taiga, you wouldn't happen to know what this tree in my yard is, would you? 'Bout four'n a half feet tall, dark leaves (almost black, come to think of it), has thorns, bark's really pale, and I found Leo's junk bag by it, but no sign of Leo. Odd, right?
Why do I always have to be the decoy?
Gil galad
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gil galad »

hail all newbies, welcome :P
Taiga Tzu
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Taiga Tzu »

Oh my goodness!! Moksha Foul - RUN!! I do not know the name of that tree in any human tongue - if, indeed, it has any. In Forestali, its name sounds like the scream of its victims. In the very distant pre-history of the Land, there was actually a rather large forest of them, which was eventually destroyed and replaced by the One Forest. How one got to your plane is quite beyond me!
One wide forest of sentience and passion filled all the region - one mind and heart alive in every leaf and bough of every tree among the many myriad throngs and glory of the woods.Image
Moksha Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moksha Foul »

It isn't doing anything though. I know how it got here- we have a lot of world portals here, and stuff falls through sometimes. There are time portals, too. What does it do to its victims? (Sorry, we Ravers have a morbid sense of curiosity. :wink: ) I thought Leo had turned himself into that tree, but Addy's testing proves that it isn't him. Has his aura, but no Leo. Um, did the tree eat him? :? 8O Turiya'll kill me if it did.

*proceeds to take laptop to tower basement*

*types hi to the new people from basement*
Why do I always have to be the decoy?
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Hi new people. :)

Mokkie, you're dead. Y'know that torture device on the Princess Bride? That, times infinity. :evil: You are dead. I will kill you after I get this tree to throw up. :x
Tselava Hierachy
Stonedownor

Post by Tselava Hierachy »

hi
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

That got a chuckle from me.

Welcome, Guest.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

:) Yeah. Not just a Guest - THE Guest. Welcome, Guest to end all Guests!!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Durris
Giantfriend

Post by Durris »

Fist and Faith wrote:
Not just a Guest - THE Guest. Welcome, Guest to end all Guests!!
That sounds downright theological. 8O
Shared pain is lessened; shared joy is increased.
--Spider Robinson
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I think he's (she's?) the One Guest.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

lol, the One Guest!

Greetings to all new members!
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Hey Guest. Nice to have you. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Arya
Servant of the Land

Hail all!

Post by Arya »

I am Arya, new member of the board - love it. Very friendly and full of information. As some, if not all, of you will probably guess, I am also very much into ASOIAF...

I first got my hands on the first Chronicles when I was a junior in high school. Read them in about a week. Then, while I was studying for my finals in my senior year, I accidentally peaked into an English bookstore (I live in Denmark) - and saw the 2nd Chronicles. Up til then I'd had no idea they even existed... I knew I shouldn't open the book then. I had five days to study for my big math final, but I opened it ... and when I finished, I only had two days left. :D

I passed. Now, I've read and reread them many times and laughed, but more often wept. Can't wait for the next installment of that one. And ASOIAF. And Harry Potter. And The Dark Tower. And - and - and -

So many books, so little time...
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Welcome Guest! :D 8)

Welcome Arya. :D 8) You will find many people here who like all of those books and authors you just mentioned. 8)
Love as thou wilt.

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Hail and well met Arya. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Welcome, Revelstone_dweller, Guest, and Arya!! :D :D :D

(Arya, you and me should get along great! ;) You named 2 of my 4 favorite series of all time.....those being Potter and the Tower.....Donaldson I kind of assumed ;). The fourth would be LOTR...... :D :D

And someday I'll get around to ASOIAF......I keep hearing great things about it.....;))

Welcome, all of you!! :cheers: :goodnevil: :wave:
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Welcome to the watch, Arya! We hope you enjoy it here!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

Welcome Arya!
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"

Return to “The Summonsing”