Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Retired Topic.

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

pitchwife
<i>Elohim</i>

Great to find this site

Post by pitchwife »

Hi all,
I'm new to this site, I just finished reading the second Chronicles and I felt like talking about it with someone, but none of my friends have read the Chronicles. It was great to find this site, and so many people that are also Donaldson's fans.
Cheers,
Pitchwife
Bannor
Giantfriend

Welcome

Post by Bannor »

:D Welcome to Kevin's Watch, Pitchwife! We are always glad to discuss TCTC. So, was Pitchwife your favorite character? (You can tell who I admired).
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"How long ago did she die?"
"Two thousand years."
danlo
Lord

Welcome Pitchwife!

Post by danlo »

Even tho I fell in love w/ur wife in the 2nd Chrons u'd b my fav character if poor Vain hadn't beat u 2 it--ur my fav character that talks! Glad everything got "straightened out" if u know what I mean...(no I'm NOT talking about sex u dirty buggars...) :D
fall far and well Pilots!
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Hey there everyone. I'm Jay Resop, webmaster of Kevins Watch if you didn't know. Sorry I havn't been around recently, but school has been a pain. I hope to stop by a little more often now that school work has freed up a bit. I hope you all are enjoying the site and the Message Board.-jay
Bannor
Giantfriend

HI

Post by Bannor »

Hello Jay! Glad to make your acquaintance.
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"Two thousand years."
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hail Jay High Lord of the Watch!!!!

and Hail Pitchwife .. be welcome among us .. welcome and true!!

This is a great site and a site and a place we wouldnt have to come if not for the orignianl intent and designs of our own High Lord ..

Your presence honours us Pitchwife and all newcomers .. all are welcome .. I love this place!! It is the best!! .. I am passionate about my love of the chronicles like so many others here .. so you have come to the right place PW .. jump right in and enjoy!
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Guest »

Hail all!
Your welcome honors me.
Pitchwife is definately one of my favorite characters in the second chrons. I admire people that can keep high spirits even when the goin gets tough.
Yes, I feel much better after being "straightened out"... ur should I say straightened in.
pitchwife

Post by Guest »

Hello All,

I am new to the board & have to admit, this is the first time that I have ever posted to a discussion forum. I just finished rereading the Chronicles after nearly a 20 year hiatus & was pleasantly surprised to find that I enjoyed it more the second time than the first.....now that's quality!!

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!!

-Coercri
Lauralin
Stonedownor

Post by Lauralin »

Hi!
I'm not particulary new, but just wantes to say hello, couse I don't post very often. :D
Each man is worth exactly the value of that which he has seriously persued.
--Marcus Auralius
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Hail all newbies!

Post by aliantha »

Coercri and Lauralin -- Be welcome, welcome and true. And Coercri, don't worry -- the more you post, the less painful it becomes. :lol:

But seriously, this is just about the nicest bunch of folks on a discussion board that I have ever come across on the Web. I cannot remember reading a single flame war here. That's saying something, I think -- both about the folks who come here, and about the type of people who are fans of SRD.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I agree .. the kind of people who are attracted to SRD and the chrons in particular are a breed of a rare kind .. often possessed of a fair mind and a desire to be accepting and aim to emulate the high and beautiful standard of the High Council and the principles evident in the social compact (1st chrons) among the people of the Land. We are all humble servants of this noble creation .. and what flaw is there in emualting such high ideals .. SRD is a genius imo .. he created a thing of beauty .. a thing to be treasured .. a thing far beyond price and I wonder if he didnt create this to realise an inner desire or dream of a better world ..

Welcome coercri and Laurelin ..

walk in the knowledge that there is more than can be seen by the eye .. be true
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Guest »

Well said!!! Thank you for the welcome all.........Coercri
Hearthcoal
Lord

SPOILERS...spoilers...SPOILERS...spoilers...SPOILERS

Post by Hearthcoal »

I wasn't sure where else to put this, but it occurs to me that most of us (and this certainly includes me) here at Kevin's Watch are not as sensitive as we should be to the fact that there may actually be those out there who have not (gasp!) read or finished reading TOTC1&2 (or any of SRD's other writings).

So if you are going to make a comment about something and realize that it might in fact "give away" some surprise plot twist or ending, please try to remember to warn your readers that you are including a SPOILER.

Now to my knowledge nothing we've written here has ever actually spoiled anyone's experience with TOTC1&2, however...

And to all you dearly beloved visitors and new members, beware, I am afraid that SPOILERS do abound...BUT please don't let that scare you away or make you think you have to read the books first to join in our discussion. We are always, always thrilled and delighted to find new fans in our midst.
Angus Thermopyle
Servant of the Land

Post by Angus Thermopyle »

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum (hehe, just found it tonight). I'm a huge Donaldson fan and have read all of his books. Now just give me a few min to check out all of these topics! Image

-Angus
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Yo

Post by kevinswatch »

Welcome to the Forum. I'm Jay your host. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy the Forum!-jay
Bannor
Giantfriend

Welcome

Post by Bannor »

Hail and Welcome, Angus! 'Tis a wonderful place to be: here in Donaldson country! :)
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"Two thousand years."

Post by Guest »

Hey everybody, I found this site awhile ago but i just never registered until now. Anyway it's gonna be a short post, I am heading off to bed soon here. Well pleased to meet you everybody.

[/quote]
Bannor
Giantfriend

Welcome

Post by Bannor »

Glad to meet you, anonymous!
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"Two thousand years."
Bahgoon_the_Unbearable
Servant of the Land

Post by Bahgoon_the_Unbearable »

Hey everybody I dunno why it said that I was anonymous. But anyway if it does it again I might need somebody to tell me why it is doing that.
danlo
Lord

Hey Baghoon!

Post by danlo »

Alot of folks have trubbl signing in @ 1st---I don't kno y--Vain could probably help u if u have any mor probs--WELCOME!!!
fall far and well Pilots!

Return to “The Summonsing”