Just got back from Amsterdam

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Just got back from Amsterdam

Post by Blackhawk »

Wow...I just got back from 7 days in Amsterdam, I had a great time and now that im back..i wish i was still there.....it was freezing, but it was still fun.....back to the grind.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Welcome back, Blackhawk!
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Just got back from Amsterdam

Post by lorin »

Blackhawk wrote:Wow...I just got back from 7 days in Amsterdam, I had a great time and now that im back..i wish i was still there.....it was freezing, but it was still fun.....back to the grind.
a place I would love to visit.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Re: Just got back from Amsterdam

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

lorin wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:Wow...I just got back from 7 days in Amsterdam, I had a great time and now that im back..i wish i was still there.....it was freezing, but it was still fun.....back to the grind.
a place I would love to visit.
Me too!
Give us some stories Blackhawk.
What did you see? Where did you go?
Or was it all work? :(
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome back. :lol:

--A
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Thanks for the welcome back, my Wife has always wanted to go to Amsterdam so we went with her sister and a couple of her sisters friends, I was given the title... Security, I thought it was a joke until we walked through the redlight district...

I got to see the Anne Frank House... we didnt actually go in because there was a line about 3 hours long to get in,but i took pictures of the outside ... same with the Van Gogh Museum. for the most part we just took cabs and walked around the city taking pictures, we were going to go to Belgium but there was a trainwreck the same day we were going to go and 42 people or so died. not the train we were going to take i dont think but the same tracks. I guess it was a good thing we slept in, some of my family was from Belgium so it would have been nice to see it though. Most of the Canals were frozen over and it was weird to see Ducks actually sleeping on the ice. we ate at Hard Rock Cafe almost every day we were there but on the first and last day we went to this really good Italian Restaurant.... cant remember the name... Family owned though..nice people....and they didnt make us pay to use the bathrooms. :D
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Blackhawk wrote:I got to see the Anne Frank House... we didnt actually go in because there was a line about 3 hours long to get in,but i took pictures of the outside ... same with the Van Gogh Museum.
Welcome back Blackhawk, you lucky duck. Ive heard such great things about Amsterdam.
I sooooo would have loved to have visited the Van Gogh Museum. Ive spent 12 months in total living in Belgium over the past couple of years and I am kicking myself that I didnt take the time to explore The Netherlands more while I was there. Pity about the long queques. Winter is usually the best time to visit places like that as its usually not the high season for tourists.

Would be great to see some of your pics if you felt like sharing. :)
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Infelice wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:I got to see the Anne Frank House... we didnt actually go in because there was a line about 3 hours long to get in,but i took pictures of the outside ... same with the Van Gogh Museum.
Welcome back Blackhawk, you lucky duck. Ive heard such great things about Amsterdam.
I sooooo would have loved to have visited the Van Gogh Museum. Ive spent 12 months in total living in Belgium over the past couple of years and I am kicking myself that I didnt take the time to explore The Netherlands more while I was there. Pity about the long queques. Winter is usually the best time to visit places like that as its usually not the high season for tourists.

Would be great to see some of your pics if you felt like sharing. :)
Will do.. the Girls i went with have most of the footage but they are making me a Disc of all the photos. I was surprised that so many people were waiting outside, because it was freezing out. I guess everyone had the same idea, winter is the off season :D I really wanted to go into the Anne Frank house too.. A few people i talked to said that when they came out they felt horrible for the rest of that day and i can imagine why. I will post some photos as soon as i get them loaded on my computer, my Wife suffered horrible asthma attacks since we have been back so ive been busy worrying and trying to get her back to normal. shes doing better now, but we just have to keep it that way.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Blackhawk wrote:...my Wife suffered horrible asthma attacks since we have been back so ive been busy worrying and trying to get her back to normal. shes doing better now, but we just have to keep it that way.
Love and Light continues to be sent out that way, Blackhawk.
|G
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Menolly wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:...my Wife suffered horrible asthma attacks since we have been back so ive been busy worrying and trying to get her back to normal. shes doing better now, but we just have to keep it that way.
Love and Light continues to be sent out that way, Blackhawk.
|G
Thank you Menolly... I really appreciate it :)

Return to “The Summonsing”